What's new

25 million Pakistani children are out-of-school. Pakistan is ranked 2

What !! .. you are telling me that Laptops & Solar Panels & a Brand new Shiny Sparkly Buses didn't encourage parents to send their children to school .. How is this Possible ..

This Report is Wrong .. we have a Parha Likha Punjab .

India has loads of kids out of school as well. I wish India spends at least 10% of GDP on education as education is the building block of bright nation with brighter future.

I wish the same for Pakistan too.
India dedicate enough resources although more investment is always welcomed but whats really ailing India is the rampant corruption, Mid day meal scheme was an excellent initiative by the government but people started eating into the financial resources so much that kids are being served with adulterated food. Same is the case with infrastructure development of the government schools. It's a real shame that both India and Pakistan are happily destroying their future generation.

We are suffering in all fields because of the unresolved conflict between India and Pakistan... the nuclear arms race between India and Pakistan bleeding our economy... But Pakistan suffering more...

When it gained independence in 1947 from UK, Pakistan's average economic growth rate since independence has been higher than the average growth rate of the world economy during the period. Average annual real GDP growth rates[22] were 6.8% in the 1960s... During the 1960s, Pakistan was seen as a model of economic development around the world, and there was much praise for its economic progress. Karachi was seen as an economic role model around the world, and there was much praise for the way its economy progress as well.. Many countries sought to emulate Pakistan's economic planning strategy and one of them, South Korea, copied the city's second "Five-Year Plan"... But 1965 war caused the loss of all its economic gain... 1971 war and its partition totally destruct its economy.... Pakistan policy makers totally given away its goldern opertunity to became a gud economy...

We want to be like European union... If China,India,Pakistan and Bangladesh forms South Asia Union we can even challenge the west economically and militarily...

We must doubt the conflict is keeping alive by someone... Take a look at pakistan education system...By this type of education they can achieve their goal,but the children and country will suffer....

Published in The Express Tribune, May 8th, 2011 (can't post the link beause required 30 posts to post a link)
Social studies textbooks teach that India attacked us in 1948 and 1965 (class five); and Kargil (class three, Meri Kitab). Bengali separatism was a result of Hindu teachers and traders; and “after 1965 war India conspired with the Hindus of Bengal and succeeded in spreading hate among the Bengalis about West Pakistan and finally attacked on East Pakistan in December 71, thus causing the breakup of East and West Pakistan.” In fact, some textbooks say that we had almost won the 1971 war!

Throughout the textbooks, subtly or brazenly there is glorification of war and the capability to wreak damage and contain the ‘enemy’. What could be more damaging to young minds than imbibing half-truths and accepting violence as legitimate? A class five Social Studies textbook teaches: “India is our traditional enemy and we should always keep ourselves ready to defend our beloved country from Indian aggression”. This is not to say that Indian or Bangladeshi textbooks are free of biases, but we need to fix our problems before imitating wrongs done by others.

In post-1979 Pakistan, the penchant for jihad has grown stronger. The National Curriculum guidelines for primary schools cite a key ‘learning outcome’ as recognising “the importance of Jehad in every sphere of life”. Another macabre gem is to train children in making “speeches on Jehad” and assessing “their spirits while making speeches on Jehad, Muslim History and Culture”. What happened to 5,000 years of Pakistan’s history?

Sadly, generations have now grown up espousing the cause of jihad so well laid out in our textbooks that the reversal of this process may take another 10 years or more. Little wonder, then, that when I received an invitation for the Saarc Literature festival in New Delhi, my eight-year-old emphatically advised me: “you can’t go to the enemy country”. What could be more worrying for a South Asia pacifist?

It means children go school and pakistan will become a develop country,what about those who have degree of MBA or MBBS?most of them don't wanna live in pakistan,they go foreign countries because they want more money,few of them want to do something for their country,we need to be patriot and unite for developing pakistan and the time when we start to think of others,all problems will be solved.

Why they need education while all of the matters are getting sorted out by having nukes? Soon pakistan is going to overtake UK if I am not wrong...

I would not have replied to you, but i guess you asked a valid question and deserve an answer my dear......if Pakistan was such an illiterate nation, who do you think are making those nukes?? Are they falling from sky from God or donated to us by US?......
We have some talented brains in the country, its the matter of taking initiative ;nourish and cherish those talented young ones......

It means children go school and pakistan will become a develop country,what about those who have degree of MBA or MBBS?most of them don't wanna live in pakistan,they go foreign countries because they want more money,few of them want to do something for their country,we need to be patriot and unite for developing pakistan and the time when we start to think of others,all problems will be solved.

Sense of nationalism is dying, forget about children, its dead among those who took oath to protect us.....
The point of educational reforms is not to make money but to build a civilized society, a nation.
By educating the young ones you will be doing yourself a favour and there will be one less dacoit, gangster, thief off the street....,,there will be one less terrorist to kill, and there will be more waderas and fudel lords to kill

I dont think a mere 66 years is enough time for any nation to prosper. You need at least a century or more.

There was a time where we were progressing fast and were the most promising nation in the region in terms of future outlook.

Yes, it's not enough time. But Pakistan has taken the development model and turned it on it's head. It did well early on and now it faces it's darkest chapter in history.

25 million kids out of school? :O out of a population of 180 million. That is a huge number almost 1/7th of nation that will be illiterate.

I would not have replied to you, but i guess you asked a valid question and deserve an answer my dear......if Pakistan was such an illiterate nation, who do you think are making those nukes?? Are they falling from sky from God or donated to us by US?......
We have some talented brains in the country, its the matter of taking initiative ;nourish and cherish those talented young ones......

If you think about my comment, it was rather in a positive way because it shows the negative side of the policy makers.

No doubt, pakistan has some great talent but need only direction. Literacy would be the best weapon to eradicate extremism to the greater extent.

Now, my question is "If you have to increase budget to 4% of GDP, obviously you have to compensate it somewhere else. Interesting to know, who will be the policy makers? GOP or Army?"

Are you a PATHOLOGICAL TROLLER ? or are you capable of contributing in a positive manner ?

Change your point of view, everything settled.

Every country has people that are intelligent.

One of my first year, Economics professors was a Pakistani Australian. Very good man, unlike many professors (who are also researchers), he actually cared about his students and one of my mates is doing a phD under his tutelage.

I have found that many older Pakistanis are very educated, open minded and tolerant people, the younger ones, believe it or not, less so.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...hool-pakistan-ranked-2-a-2.html#ixzz2eakXGKsq

And why should they stay in the country which refuses, absolutely refuses to accept their talents? It is the same story in India, my parents left India solely because of the incredible bureaucracy and poor work ethics.

You got to remember that since PTI hasn't been part of any govt before 2013, it has no contribution in creating this mess. The main culprits are those who have been ruling this country since past few decades.

However, since you've talked about PTI, you need to see the steps it has taken in this regard in only 3 months time. You can see the priorities of PTI clearly.

For example:

PTI's education budget in KPK
http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...-ptis-rs-66-billion-education-budget-kpk.html

KP Govt's Enrollment Drive
KPK govt set to up students enrolment

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...66-naya-kpk-news-updates-102.html#post4746590

8-19-2013_5986_1.gif

Source: http://jang.com.pk/jang/aug2013-daily/19-08-2013/updates/8-19-2013_5986_1.gif

PTI to wage Jihad against illiteracy
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa govt to wage jihad against illiteracy: Imran Khan – The Express Tribune

KPK: Uniform Education System from next Academic Year
Uniform education system to be introduced in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: Khattak | Business Recorder

All this in just 3 months.. :smokin:

No talks sir no talks...we need practical progress not verbal statements. I mean we all Pakistanis were very happy when PTI announce 66Billion budget for education in KPK but we don't see massive up gradation of govt schools, collages, universities, etc or massive enrollments in schools all over KPK.

Q: are kids in madarsas included or excluded in that number?

No talks sir no talks...we need practical progress not verbal statements. I mean we all Pakistanis were very happy when PTI announce 66Billion budget for education in KPK but we don't see massive up gradation of govt schools, collages, universities, etc or massive enrollments in schools all over KPK.

You're absolutely right sir, I myself am not satisfied with KP's performance in education reforms because a lot more is needed to be done. My point in that post was, PTI is showing its priority and commitment towards education reforms in KP and we can see things going towards right direction. Slowly yes, but I'm fine with it as far as they do right things, they have full 5 years to improve things (I hope).

The problem is, the situation is so worse that most of us are so desperate to see a lot of things being done immediately, which is pretty much understandable.

Back
Top Bottom