What's new

225 MW CCPP inuagratred at Baloki

there is nothing to prove, see the news shortfall is now 4800mw and the current gov is not doing a bit about it. This is just because a project completed now the prime minister jumped up and declare that everything is fine. Do you actually think a power plant especially of this type complete in what 2years???
i still remember the day when our prime minister was on children television show a child asked him about frequent load shedding and he promised him that the power problem will be sort out within a year it was around 2008.I knew this was a lie at that time and i know there lies this time also.
Atleast musharraf was not a liar.

The contract for this was signed in 2006, to be completed in Jan 2008. However, construction on site did not event start till late 2008.

Shortfall has reached 5000MW today because demand crossed 17000MW. Production has increased, however demand keeps on rising.

The contract for this was signed in 2006, to be completed in Jan 2008. However, construction on site did not event start till late 2008.

Shortfall has reached 5000MW today because demand crossed 17000MW. Production has increased, however demand keeps on rising.

if these projects were completed in time there would be no such probs. sorry but i disagree with your last comment that demand keep rising last time i checked is that that rise in demand is on halt for the reasons which are very much know to us all

if these projects were completed in time there would be no such probs. sorry but i disagree with your last comment that demand keep rising last time i checked is that that rise in demand is on halt for the reasons which are very much know to us all

I'm quoting PEPCO here. Demand stands at 17,430 MW. Overall electricity demand has witnessed a negative growth of 1.7% while energy demand has increased by 4.0%.

Here I was referring to a comparative demand i.e. it's summer peak demand and therefore demand has increased. RPPs and other IPPS have added only around 350MW or so between the winter solstice and now while demand has pf course increased by a couple of thousand MW.

Anyways, in a country with such a severe energy crisis, electricity demand would have decreased easily by 10% or so but in our country, it has decreased by a paltry number.

All the projects he describe above were initiated during musharaf era and to be completed by now.

well almost every electricity related project that musharraf started were finished during his era....that was one good thing that he did!

only if we had a NIAGRA FALLS! =)

niagara-falls1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^

Good one mate ...... hope to see the subcontinent bloom and flurish one day ...If pakistans energy needs are done half the problems will diminish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom