What's new

214 Pakistanis Stranded at Delhi Airport for Over 24 Hours

I hope the passengers come back safe and they should sue Gulf Air.

Some of you guys are talking funny. I will Insha'Allah write full story true to the best of my knowledge and understanding when I have access to laptop about my experience in India and the causes of delay

Many people congratulted us for being safe in possible air crash and treating it like a miracle or extremely rare incident

I hope the passengers come back safe and they should sue Gulf Air.

It should be done, this will result in learning the POV of gulf air.
As per my guess, airline face more loss to keep its plane parked and keep passengers on board, instead of paying for hotel and put aircraft back to skies, asap.
There must be some permission issue with bharti authorities.
I suggest, bharti airport authorities should not be excluded from legal course.
However, i'm surprised to see that you are regularly asking to sue only gulf air, where as completely ignoring hindu hate element towards Pakistanis.
I say it again, God forbid if the aircraft was PIA.

Pakistani Govt should have sent some plane for them but sadly they don't care. Those who are blaming India, rather blame airline and your own govt for not arranging additional plane for them even after 24 hours. I remember once Air India had to do emergency land in Pak but out govt sent a special plane within hour for passengers.

I agree, but weather was bad for any flights, however govt. should have organized hotel.
Specially when bharti foreign secretary was in constant touch with Pakistan's foreign office, permission for supply of water could have been secured.

No airport would provide free of cost facilities to passengers.

If you are counting..... letting passengers off board, as fault of airline than its a wierd logic.
Kindly provide proof that airport authorities were asked to provide free water?
last but not least, i don't believe that no no airport would supply free water to stranded passengers, involving women and kids.

Some news paper should now fork PIA.
I'm sure express tribune or Dawn, will not print any story over the suffering of passengers.

Last edited:
It should be done, this will result in learning the POV of gulf air.
As per my guess, airline face more loss to keep its plane parked and keep passengers on board, instead of paying for hotel and put aircraft back to skies, asap.
There must be some permission issue with bharti authorities.
I suggest bharti airport authorities, should not be excluded from legal course.
However, i'm surprised to see that you are regularly asking to sue only gulf air, where as completely ignoring hindu hate element towards Pakistanis.
I say it again, God forbid if the aircraft was PIA.
I agree, but weather was bad for any flights, however govt. should have organized hotel.
Specially when bharti foreign secretary was in constant touch with Pakistan's foreign office, permission for supply of water could have been secured.
If you are counting..... letting passengers off board, as fault of airline than its a wierd logic.
Kindly provide proof that airport authorities were asked to provide free water?
last but not least, i don't believe that no no airport would supply free water to stranded passengers, involving women and kids.
Some news paper should now fork PIA.
I'm sure express tribune or Dawn, will not print any story over the suffering of passengers.

It is upto to airlines whether to provide accomodation,meals,it is not compulsory. I tried to google on internet. about passenger experence in case of flight delayed due bad weather I came to know in different countries there r different rules, In US,airlines have no legal obligation to provide delayed passengers with compensation. This includes vouchers for hotels and food. It can be different for European Union countries/airlines . In Europe,passengers flying from an EU airport are entitled to up to £470 in compensation if a flight arrives at its destination more than three hours late, however The airlines are exempt from the rules when the delay was caused by an “extraordinary circumstance” such as bad weather, industrial action or a bird hitting a plane. However, airlines can no longer claim technical faults as extraordinary circumstances,

Even PIA doesn't offer any compensation in case if the flight is delayed due to Bad weather

Bradford families angry at delays after Leeds-Bradford PIA flight is diverted to Manchester (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

It is upto to airlines whether to provide accomodation,meals,it is not compulsory. I tried to google on internet. about passenger experence in case of flight delayed due bad weather I came to know in different countries there r different rules, In US,airlines have no legal obligation to provide delayed passengers with compensation. This includes vouchers for hotels and food. It can be different for European Union countries/airlines . In Europe,passengers flying from an EU airport are entitled to up to £470 in compensation if a flight arrives at its destination more than three hours late, however The airlines are exempt from the rules when the delay was caused by an “extraordinary circumstance” such as bad weather, industrial action or a bird hitting a plane. However, airlines can no longer claim technical faults as extraordinary circumstances,

Even PIA doesn't offer any compensation in case if the flight is delayed due to Bad weather

Bradford families angry at delays after Leeds-Bradford PIA flight is diverted to Manchester (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

I know all of this... question is why airline or airport didn't provided meals or allow passengers to buy meal?

Back
Top Bottom