What's new

210 Flight Cadets Commissioned into IAF

FOX80

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
14h-past.jpg

An eye catching march-past, scintillating air-show and breathtaking parachute sky diving marked the combined graduation parade of flight cadets and trainee officers at the Air Force Academy, Dundigal here on Saturday. A total of 210 young officers who finished their pilot, ground duty and navy courses at the Academy will be commissioned at various stations.

Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, Chief of the Air Staff, Indian Air Force, reviewed the parade and congratulated the young officers. Despite the availability of many lucrative and attractive professions, the interest for Air Forces has not gone down, he said.

“You will now carry the rich legacy of valour, sacrifice and dedication and it is your responsibility to strictly adhere to core values of the Indian Air Force. Despite the daunting odds and dangers, you need to be geared up for any eventuality,” he told the young officers.

For NAK Browne, it was a special moment of reminiscing his days at the Academy who also passed out from the institute 40 years ago. ‘’The prompt and professional response of our air warriors during ‘Operation Rahat’ re-affirmed the nation’s faith in IAF’s capabilities and demonstrated the strength of our operational teams. These shining illustrations of IAF’s core values exemplifies the remarkable aptitude and high professional calibre of these young men and women,” he added.

The event was culminated by awe-inspiring manoeuvres by aerobatics team Sarang, in which four choppers formed dazzling patterns - lotus, diamond, sky mesh, India map - in the sky much to the delight of audience.

For Nitin Nemani of Visakhapatnam, who graduated as fighter pilot it’s a day of joie de vivre. Since his father being a scientist at the Defence Research Development Organisation the young officer had developed interest in serving the Indian Air Force since his childhood.

This fighter pilot who proudly proclaims that he want to serve the country in the battle filed says, “ Ever since my childhood, I dreamt of flying sophisticated aircraft and it’s a dream come true. It’s really satisfying for me as I have flown Kiran aircraft, advanced jet Hawks during my stint here at the Academy.”

Air Marshal RG Burli, Commandant, Air Force Academy, administered the oath to the young officers. Air Marshal P S Gill, Air officer commanding-in-chief was also present.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom