What's new

2020 is nearly over ... so what can we expect in 2021 for PLA watchers?

Doesn't look like a loyal wingman since it has a cockpit.

Definitely not, they will keep on flying 2050s and beyond in the future. They are looking for new engines for better range and maintenance.

Where do you see a cockpit?

1608797785347.png

The fifth-generation carrier-based aircraft

Hypersonic cruise missile with a range of more than 5000 kilometers

Test flight of a manned aircraft demonstrating aircraft flying above the atmosphere

I just hope H-20 can finally make its maiden flight next year, so is WS-15.

As for other stuff, none of them will impress me much.
I don't think we have seen any concrete proof of its existence. It was rumored like crazy in the early 2010s but nothing concrete seems to have come out of it. The spotlight is basically all on the H-20 in terms of bombers.

It is still a strong rumor, just now the rumor says the 601th has pass the project to other institutes for further development.

Multiple sources suggesting the military industry get much more funding this year, so I think the project will not dead, especially with more funding available to PLA.

Let's come back to this thread next year, hopefully with good news.
I wanted to see what is real progress of PLAAF Regional bomber project, at least its final mockup
I'm with you on this one since the others are certainly existed known projects.

I'm more excited for the Type 096 equipped with JL-3 than the H-20, it's the sea version of the DF-41 which is truly a game changer.

I'm more excited for the Type 096 equipped with JL-3 than the H-20, it's the sea version of the DF-41 which is truly a game changer.

China's geo-position means 096 is nowhere as important as the next Chinese ICBM on land.

The sea area around China are too shallow, the average depth of Bohai is only 30 meter or so, impossible to accommodate large subarmines.

For east sea, not much better.

So the US will have a very easy job to spot China's large SSBNs there.

The only place which is deep enough for large SSBN is south China sea, but then the SLBM will require to have much larger range to cover the US than land-based ICBMs, kind of render SSBN pointless.

Unless we take Taiwan and use its as a base, SSBN will always come serve a secondary role in China's nuclear arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom