What's new

2015 Moscow parade rehersal (new stuff , Armata, Kurganets , Boomerang)

Anything that is mechanical can break, with that said Russia has been using autoloaders for over 50 years, every tank from the T-64 to the Armata has auto loaders, Russians are all about reliability so if the auto loader would have issues they would have abandoned the design decades ago but they did not which says a lot. Many other tanks including new "western" tanks have also switched over to autoloaders. The people bashing autoloaders are obviously jealous, they are getting defensive and insecure; in their mind Russia is supposed to be outdated and rusty and their engineering is supposed to be pathetic. So when the T-14, T-15, Boomerang, Kurganets 25, ect came out the same people had to find anything and everything to attack the T-14 on, no matter how silly, the worst thing is that many of the people are trolling but will pretend that they are not. The biggest arguments people have towards the T-14 is that tanks are a thing of the past and drones are the future (as if drones will stop entire armies fielding heavy tanks and having air superiority). The other argument is that the T-14 is just an Abrams "rip off" and of course the proverbial but...but...but...it's an auto loader therefor it will jam and we will just destroy it.
Someone here asked what would happen if the mechanism would jam. My answer was that the same thing would happen as for any other tank with a turret traverse, gun elevation or loading issue: it becomes a sitting duck. At no point have I in any way said, suggested or implied there is anything wrong with an autoloader. So, I really do hope you were addressing that other poster.

Someone here asked what would happen if the mechanism would jam. My answer was that the same thing would happen as for any other tank with a turret traverse, gun elevation or loading issue: it becomes a sitting duck. At no point have I in any way said, suggested or implied there is anything wrong with an autoloader. So, I really do hope you were addressing that other poster.

No, i was addressing other people. For anyone that is interested in the T-14 autoloader--Here is what the CEO of Uralvagavod said about the autoloader:

Interview with Uralvagonzavod CEO deputy, Khalitov, V.

"What crewmen are going to do if weapon control system is damaged? Is it possible to operate the main cannon manually?

During the development we focused on introduction of a backup for each essential system. Yes, it is possible to operate the gun manually thanks to innovative WCS that can even warn about incoming malfunction. Our tank is very persistent to unexpected actions of a crew."

The Russians do seem to have defined the "new" tank as armata. It is far from the concept of the armata which would have been a fearsome beast.

Now the T14 does appear to have a modified T90 chassis. This in itself is not a bad thing. Its better to evolve a machine when you know what works than to try a radical new design.

The Russians do seem to have defined the "new" tank as armata. It is far from the concept of the armata which would have been a fearsome beast.

Now the T14 does appear to have a modified T90 chassis. This in itself is not a bad thing. Its better to evolve a machine when you know what works than to try a radical new design.

The T-14 and T-90 chassis have nothing in common, zero. The T-14 chassis is in a completely different size class so it would be impossible to simply modify the chassis. Furthermore, i don't know what you are seeing but both the chassis of the T-90 and T-14 have basically nothing in common, such as shape, suspension, and size.

t-90 armat.jpg
tyttr.jpg

The T-14 and T-90 chassis have nothing in common, zero. The T-14 chassis is in a completely different size class so it would be impossible to simply modify the chassis. Furthermore, i don't know what you are seeing but both the chassis of the T-90 and T-14 have basically nothing in common, such as shape, suspension, and size.

View attachment 220921 View attachment 220922

So, are you describing the universal combat platform?

Back
Top Bottom