What's new

2015 Moscow parade rehersal (new stuff , Armata, Kurganets , Boomerang)

No Armatas on video (damn :mad:) , but Boomerangs can be seen for the first time at the end , and good all around look at Kurganets-25 and Koalition SPG and other stuff.

You beat me to it. No Armata, no Boomerang, no heavy infantry fighting vehicle, It's a tease. :taz:

As a history buff, you GOT to appreciate the full sized colum of 7 T-34s qas well as 7 su-100s (and a spare su-100 and 2 T-34 in the background)!

You beat me to it. No Armata, no Boomerang, no heavy infantry fighting vehicle, It's a tease. :taz:

Here Boomerang

ea01d31ea095.png

"Boomerang" looks quite big.Same goes for Armata -just look how small are people next to them.Started the video but stop after few minutes.Gonna wait for 9th May version :-)

Wow! :woot: How much fuel would they have buggered up on this rehearsal? :blink: Probably enough to fill 10 Olympic sized swimming pools!:pop:

"Boomerang" looks quite big.Same goes for Armata -just look how small are people next to them.Started the video but stop after few minutes.Gonna wait for 9th May version :-)

The Boomerang is relatively large, but the plus side to that is that it should be more comfortable for the troops. Looking at the Boomerang's size i wonder if it has a double hull or spaced armor. That would certainly increase not only size but protection by a large amount. With that said the larger a vehicle the more its weight will increase, but Russia has developed a new light weight armor, i believe that with a lighter armor the designers can afford to make vehicles such as the Boomerang larger and also give it thicker armor protection.

The Armata tank also appears to have a large hull but much of it has to do with the fact that older Russian tanks were very small, so in essence it is significantly larger then the T-72/T-90 but probably similar to size of western battle tanks minus the turret.

The Kurganets-25 looks similar in size to the BPM-3 with the exception of height, the Kurganets-25 seems to have more head room. Of course once the thick side armor is added it is significantly wider.

And the heavy infantry fighting vehicle, the T-15, is in a league of its own when it comes to size, it's far larger then the BMP-2 or 3 and by far has superior armor protection. The protection level of the T-15 is probably on par with the Armata tank or not much worse since the T-15s role will be to go strait into combat along with Armata tanks to give fire support and extra protection for the Armata as well as troops dismounting the T-15 especially in urban warfare. The Kurganets-25 would probably follow close behind and maybe the Boomerang. But Boomerang will likely be used in low intensity combat such as anti terror operations or operating far behind the heavier armor.

Back
Top Bottom