What's new

2012 Doomsday

sikh_pride

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
doomsday-2012.jpg

The world is going to end one year from today...

At least that's the running theory if you're a believer of Nostradamus or the ancient Mayans and their calendar. Both point to Dec. 21, 2012, as doomsday for all mankind.

Most interestingly, those two prophecies have resulted in an unusual cocktail of outlandish predictions from believers and "researchers" who believe the world is going to end. But they just can't seem to agree on how. Heck, even skeptics are getting in on the action and are claiming Dec. 21, 2012, is actually going to be a day of human enlightenment rather than a cataclysm.

We"ve had similar scares in the recent past, but none quite like this

Remember the Y2K scare? It came and went without much of a whimper because of adequate planning and analysis of the situation. Impressive movie special effects aside, Dec. 21, 2012, won't be the end of the world as we know. It will, however, be another winter solstice.

Much like Y2K, 2012 has been analyzed and the science of the end of the Earth thoroughly studied. Contrary to some of the common beliefs out there, the science behind the end of the world quickly unravels when pinned down to the 2012 timeline. Below, NASA Scientists answer several questions that we're frequently asked regarding 2012.

Question (Q): Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.
Answer (A): Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012. Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012.

Q: What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?
A: The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Then these two fables were linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

Q: Could phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

Q: Is the Earth in danger of being hit by a meteor in 2012?
A: The Earth has always been subject to impacts by comets and asteroids, although big hits are very rare. The last big impact was 65 million years ago, and that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs. Today NASA astronomers are carrying out a survey called the Spaceguard Survey to find any large near-Earth asteroids long before they hit. We have already determined that there are no threatening asteroids as large as the one that killed the dinosaurs. All this work is done openly with the discoveries posted every day on the NASA NEO Program Office website, so you can see for yourself that nothing is predicted to hit in 2012.

Q: How do NASA scientists feel about claims of pending doomsday?
A: For any claims of disaster or dramatic changes in 2012, where is the science? Where is the evidence? There is none, and for all the fictional assertions, whether they are made in books, movies, documentaries or over the Internet, we cannot change that simple fact. There is no credible evidence for any of the assertions made in support of unusual events taking place in December 2012.

Should our governments take same measures as the US has taken?

10000121H6401898.jpg

According to a government spokesperson, for the past ten years the United State government has been on a frantic shelter building and underground bunker mission.
Who are these doomsday bunkers for? Supposedly for the government elite, the government power brokers and their wealthy supporters.
The largest government sponsored underground bunker complex is 300,000 square feet located in the Midwest and designed specifically for the predicted destruction scenarios for 2012 and for the economic collapse of the U.S. government.
Supposedly, this huge underground bunker is 14 stories under ground and is referred to as the “2012 Conspiracy.”

For you, we have already achieved that just need to browse some history pages, but please let me know first if you are really an annoyed person or trying to be?

No, India is a regional power. Which Pakistan is also.

the most logical is my theory.

on dec.21 , 2012,
all cows of the world will fart simultaneously..that will increase methane levels in the atmosphere to explosive level....and then one big explosion

:lol: thats kinda funny

I don't wanna die virgin :fie: at least wants to have a legal #### :flirt:

any one interested :azn: ... I am a man "straight" ... can ask for my picture :cool:

I don't wanna die virgin :fie: at least wants to have a legal #### :flirt:

any one interested :azn: ... I am a man "straight" ... can ask for my picture :cool:

did not know "straight men" could be recognized by their pics.:lol:

any way this stupid fear of the world ending has been there for quiet a few years . a lot of people thought it would end in 2000 and lo and behold 12 yrs later they still making the same claim , just the date has changed.:)

Back
Top Bottom