What's new

2012 BBC Global Opinion Poll released: China rises, EU declines

Raphael

Reaction score
Country
China
BBC News - Europe less, China more popular in global BBC poll

http://www.globescan.com/images/ima...ings/2012_bbc_country rating final 080512.pdf

European countries and the EU have fallen sharply in worldwide popularity, an opinion poll for the BBC suggests.

The percentage of those surveyed giving positive views of EU influence dropped by an average of 8% - from 56% to 48% - since the last poll in 2011.

Views of China, on the other hand, improved significantly, allowing it to overtake the EU. Japan replaced Germany as the most popular country.

The poll was based on the answers of about 24,000 people in 22 countries.

Respondents were asked to rate the influence in the world of 16 countries and the EU as either "mostly positive" or "mostly negative".

Ratings of the EU and many European countries dropped across the countries surveyed in both 2011 and 2012, when 27 countries were surveyed. Positive views of Britain fell by by 6% and of France by 4%.

"The turmoil in the EU, long seen as an attractive bastion of political and economic stability, has raised doubts in people's minds about its continued ability to be a global leader," the head of polling company GlobeScan, Chris Coulter, said. "Hopes are turning to China."

Germany, the most positively regarded nation last year, saw its positive ratings drop from 60% to 56%, putting it in second place behind Japan, which rose 2% to 58%.

Positive views of China rose from 46% to 50%, with the biggest rises recorded in Britain, Australia, Canada, and Germany.

Views of the US remain broadly unchanged, the poll suggests, with 47% of respondents giving positive views and 33% negative views, compared to 48% and 31% in 2010.
MPvbJ.png

China's rise can probably be attributed to China's non-interference foreign policy that emphasizes mutual respect and trade. The world will increasingly come to favor China's 'live and let live' philosophy, against the West's democracy proselytization (i.e. we have a white man's burden to tell you how to run your country).

Oh Europe, after all the centuries of oppressive colonialism, looting, raping, pillaging, mass genocide, two world wars and now wind up broke.

Joke of the century :lol:

Oh Europe, after all the centuries of oppressive colonialism, looting, raping, pillaging, mass genocide, two world wars and now wind up broke.

Joke of the century :lol:

Yeah but they are the CIVILIZED WORLD.

Are'nt they ?
:undecided:

why are you posting such article that gonna hurt some members here really bad?

probably half the anti-China votes are located in South Korea, Japan and India.

99% Indians are not considering China as enemy .... nor they have anti- china thinking...... If they have anti-china stance they will think twice to buy made in china goods.....

probably half the anti-China votes are located in South Korea, Japan and India.

BBC2492_M1at_ctry.gif

Mainly SK and Japan. USA, Germany, France, and India tilt negative. What can I say, weak countries like us because we fight for the underdog, while strong countries and India hate us because we're like the watchdog that exposes their exploitation of said weak countries.

Britain ever since 1949 was pretty positive on China. They were the first Western country to recognize the PRC.

China

6 January 1950 - Her Majesty's Government (HMG) removes recognition from the Republic of China. The Nanjing Embassy is then wound down. The Tamsui Consulate is kept open under the guise of liaison with the Taiwan Provincial Government.

6 January 1950 - HMG recognises the PRC as the government of China and posts a chargé d'affaires ad interim in Beijing (Peking). The British expect a rapid exchange of Ambassadors.[9] However, the PRC demands concessions on the Chinese seat at the UN and the foreign assets of the Republic of China.

BBC2492_M1at_ctry.gif

Mainly SK and Japan. USA, Germany, France, and India tilt negative. What can I say, weak countries like us because we fight for the underdog, while strong countries and India hate us because we're like the watchdog that exposes their exploitation of said weak countries.

huh?india tilt negative??
your picture is tells the story mate..look at above picture..
it says.
mainly negative..India=31 and Global average=31..so if india tells tilt negative then whole world tells tilt negative..:P
Anyway i supports the title..indeed China rises and best of luck for that..

Well before joining the forum i never considered china in the negative, even now i dont... I used to think, india too should develop like china ECONOMICALLY...
But some china n pak ignorants, regularly flame up india vs china for their hate play...
This forum is not a representative for real pakistanis or indians or BD or chinese...
Only a fraction are here...

Looks like the conclusion is:

Africans, non-Mexican Latin Americans, Southeast Asians, East Europeans and non-American Anglos are very positive on China.

Americans, Germans and French tilt against China.

India and Mexico are balanced.

South Korea and Japan hate China.

Well before joining the forum i never considered china in the negative, even now i dont... I used to think, india too should develop like china ECONOMICALLY...
But some china n pak ignorants, regularly flame up india vs china for their hate play...
This forum is not a representative for real pakistanis or indians or BD or chinese...
Only a fraction are here...

Forums are usually for discussions or trolling, Chinese don't hate India rather neutral. rather more matured members would help.

Looks like the conclusion is:

Africans, non-Mexican Latin Americans, Southeast Asians, East Europeans and non-American Anglos are very positive on China.

Americans, Germans and French tilt against China.

India and Mexico are balanced.

South Korea and Japan hate China.

First part correct we have excellent relations with them.

western europe balanced I'm aware france under sarkozy was pretty pro china despite some issues.

India balanced.

33% Chinese are positive on Pakistan and 40% are negative on Pakistan.

77% Pakistanis are positive on China and 7% are negative.

35% Chinese are positive on India and 40% are negative on India.

30% Indians are positive on China and 31% negative.

LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom