What's new

2000MW wind power project signed

Pak_Sher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI (APP) - A total of $6 billion worth of investment is expected from the South Korean in various energy projects in the province, said Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah here on Sunday.
“Korean Southern Power Company (KOSPO) has signed a MoU with Sindh Board of Investment (SBI) to establish wind power project in Gharo-Keti Bandar wind corridor to produce 2000MW electricity,” he said here Sunday at a press briefing.
South Korean entrepreneurs in private and public sector have shown interest in investing in the province, he said. Shah said that 20 representatives of private sector and 8 government officials represented Pakistan at the fair and meetings with Korean counterparts.
“Koreans expressed their desire to invest in energy, coal field development, infrastructure and mass transit system,” he added.
He said an MoU was also signed between Sindh Board of Investment (SBI) and Korean Importers Association to boost export from the province.
Shah said that on his invitation a delegation of Korean businessmen will visit Pakistan soon, particularly Sindh to explore investment opportunities.
He said that the delegates also attended host of seminars and exhibitions organised by Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Pakistani counterparts had successful interaction with them.
Speaking on the occasion, Advisor to Chief Minister Zubair Motiwala said that the Korean entrepreneurs have been invited to visit Pakistan and explore investment opportunities. He said that the Koreans will be given tax incentives in economic zones of the province.

MoU for 2000MW wind power project signed | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

MoU - MoU - MoU

At least 5-6 years are passed we have been signing MoU's in breakfast, lunch and dinner ---- i want results... this MoU now seems funny and childish to me

We need plants - Mou's baad main cancel karwa detay hain yeh log

PS: Excellent news and thanks for sharing but i don't take it serious until practical work is done

it seems to be a step in right direction considering the power crisis which whole of subcontinent is facing.....with green energy...

i just hope that such projects become fruitful.......hope the same in India as well.

Thats also a good step but we need two dams within next 5 years otherwise there will be a worst energy crisis in Country, much more than now. These measures should be taken 10 years before but at that time Army Government has its own Projects:what:

Great. Alternate power projects are very neccessary to meet power requirements, provided they remain free from kickbacks.

more nuclear reactors please.
wind is unreliable and needs too much maintainance. in addition of being expensive. we need affordable ectricity. saying that. . what happened of thar coal project?

MoU - MoU - MoU

At least 5-6 years are passed we have been signing MoU's in breakfast, lunch and dinner ---- i want results... this MoU now seems funny and childish to me

We need plants - Mou's baad main cancel karwa detay hain yeh log

PS: Excellent news and thanks for sharing but i don't take it serious until practical work is done

hahahahaha!! i laughed out so loud after reading the part in red..

thanks for the good news. :)

Pray that this comes true, even if this one takes a century to complete!

what is the end date and where they are planning to implement this .. f0or 2000 MW .. they need VERY big area , or may be they are planning to set up multiple farms with 200 to 500 MW capacity ?

Even South Korea is producing less than 1% of their daily need from other sources ( solar, wind and bio fuels).. .. so is it really advisable to give such big project on only one company ..

what is the end date and where they are planning to implement this .. f0or 2000 MW .. they need VERY big area , or may be they are planning to set up multiple farms with 200 to 500 MW capacity ?

Even South Korea is producing less than 1% of their daily need from other sources ( solar, wind and bio fuels).. .. so is it really advisable to give such big project on only one company ..

1 million dollar per megawatt of installation cost and about 10 cent per kilowatt hour of production cost doesnt sound feasible for pakistan.

1 million dollar per megawatt of installation cost and about 10 cent per kilowatt hour of production cost doesnt sound feasible for pakistan.

Guys this will be a feasible project for Pakistan, Inshallah.

With Big wind power generation needs smart grids and very reliable infra in place.
Wind generation is never constant like thermal or nuClr power generation. Even they are not as stable as hydro power generation.
change in power generation from wind turbine is very rapid over a period of day. You can always use it for secondary supplemental source but never a primary.

actually we pakistanis are being fooled again and we keep on living in this imaginative dream world. If and I repeat IF we run our all power plant now,.... i can guarantee you all that there will be no shortage of electricity in pakistan. We can easily meet our demand IF we solve the circular debt of Wapda's Electric supply companies i.e. Pesco, Iesco, Lesco, KESC, Fesco etc. All these companies are defaulting and have no money so they cann't buy fuel from PSO to run power plants. Its all mis management and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom