What's new

20 Turkish fighter jets violate Greek airspace during visit by Netanyahu

AKINCI

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
F-16-11.jpg

International News

Turkish fighter jets according to reports from the Greek media and Greek air traffic control violated Greek airspace during the the visit of Benjamin Netanyahu the Israeli prime minister. Greek fighter jets were engaged with Turkish fighter jets, with visual evidence showing Turkish F-16s deliberately entering Greek airspace in "aggressive manoeuvres".

Greek Israeli relations have strengthened following the deterioration of links with Ankara following the Mavi Marmaris episode were nine Turkish extremists were killed by elite Israeli troops.

The Greek Prime Minister "referred to very productive talks with his Israeli counterpart" and said:

"We do not believe that relations between Greece and Turkey and Israel and Turkey are competitive to relations we are developing with Israel," Papandreou emphasised, adding that "regional cooperation is of vital importance for good neighbourliness, as well as for resolving problems in the region, which are many."

It is also believed Greece will be ordering fighter jets and military technology from Israel in this new climate with Tel Aviv.

Greek%20Israe.JPG

The London Daily News

Woah. They must have given a serious heart attack to Greece Air Force, 20 F-16s at a time, means war!
Damn that!

And same question, why did they do it? What was that for?

Woah. They must have given a serious heart attack to Greece Air Force, 20 F-16s at a time, means war!
Damn that!

And same question, why did they do it? What was that for?

20 is a good day ... hahaha .. when i was still in service we used to have up to 48 - 50 planes at some times ... of course they don't come at the same time

they come in formations of 2 to 6 planes during the day ..

sometimes you would get Terminators coming in high low high profiles covered by pairs of F-16s for "training". You can imagine that when the two sides met in such a case the .... training was very realistic ... for both sides of course ..

some people don't realise but over there, aif forces don't play .. they are flying real missions.. 24/7

they will order fighter jets from israel?which fighter jets?

Israel is offering some early F-16s for sale, although the planes are old, they have some interesting israeli equipment on board, early info said HAF was not interested, but maybe it will be a political decision .. about 20-30 of them are up for sale

20 is a good day ... hahaha .. when i was still in service we used to have up to 48 - 50 planes at some times ... of course they don't come at the same time

they come in formations of 2 to 6 planes during the day ..

sometimes you would get Terminators coming in high low high profiles covered by pairs of F-16s for "training". You can imagine that when the two sides met in such a case the .... training was very realistic ... for both sides of course ..

some people don't realise but over there, aif forces don't play .. they are flying real missions.. 24/7

Nothing to worry about probably just sightseeing. Or precautions to netanyahu being in close proximity to Turkey. We have to be ready to all threats as you know. Anyone know what island was violated ?

Nothing to worry about probably just sightseeing. Or precautions to netanyahu being in close proximity to Turkey. We have to be ready to all threats as you know. Anyone know what island was violated ?

Wait, what? Did PM Netanyahu become Superman or something that Turkey needs 20 F-16`s to feel safe? I know the man has an IQ of 180 but Turkey seems to me just wanted to flex their muscles at Greece, not to get too friendly with Israel.

I just cant stop wondering, what would be in the Radars of the Greece and what there facial expressions might be!

Wait, what? Did PM Netanyahu become Superman or something that Turkey needs 20 F-16`s to feel safe? I know the man has an IQ of 180 but Turkey seems to me just wanted to flex their muscles at Greece, not to get too friendly with Israel.

I am not being serious here. Greek airspace violations are normal. They have hundreds of islands all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really childish. No one sends a full squadron of fighters to carry out airspace violations of another country. The Greeks might have reported 20 violations which they would have exaggerated to catch international attention. The violations might have been actually caused by one or two fighters but have now became 20 F-16s violating Greek airspace!!!If 20 Turkish fighters had entered Greek airspace, there would have been a massive air defense alert by now, a few intruders shot down and war would have broken out. The problem occurs when we have ignorant people reporting in the media to sensationalise small issues and other ignorant people believing them

nO NO NO NO iTS THE Idea that Israel has the notion to wipe out any peaceful Muslim people, Just like the Nazi wiping out the Jews.

This is really childish. No one sends a full squadron of fighters to carry out airspace violations of another country. The Greeks might have reported 20 violations which they would have exaggerated to catch international attention. The violations might have been actually caused by one or two fighters but have now became 20 F-16s violating Greek airspace!!!If 20 Turkish fighters had entered Greek airspace, there would have been a massive air defense alert by now, a few intruders shot down and war would have broken out. The problem occurs when we have ignorant people reporting in the media to sensationalise small issues and other ignorant people believing them

Well no offense to the Greek but compared to Turkey they can`t really do much. Greece`s economy was hit very hard during the global financial crisis and they don`t exactly have the best of warfare technology. Turkey spends 46 Billion while Greece spends 14 Billion.
@Jigs
Uh, OK my bad.

visualise 20 JF-17's in your airspace.....they are so cool....your radars would freeze :lol:

visualise 20 JF-17's in your airspace.....they are so cool....your radars would freeze :lol:

Hahahahaha, you forget we can see them taking off buddy. What to talk of entering our airspace, if we see a large number even headed towards the west, you can be sure your dear JF-17s would be met half way by a welcoming reception committee. Uh oh, 20 JF-17s you said? That would be about 50% of the total JF -17s you have right? We would send our trusty Mig 21 bis with BVR A2AMs to welcome them. Then our Mirage 2000-Fs and Mig 29UPGs would wipe out your entire PAF and we would not even have used our Sukhois till this time. So before you send the JFs to us, you should get all the fighters from Saudi Arabia, Syria and other places (if they give you) because you are going to soon run out of air force.

Anyway buddy, I wont be sparring with you anymore as I don't generally reply to trolls.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom