What's new

20 most decisive battles of the world.

Credit goes to Stalin, who made a system thatdoes not collapses even after severe defeats, but keeps sending more and more and more and more...

And to moron Hitler, who started war with 200 million largest country in the world without mobilising its industries.

But the moot point is that whether if hitler had those six weeks,he may have conqured moscow before winters set up creating the havoc with german supplies ?Once hitler failed in 1941,Nazi's defeat was only a matter of time.

But the moot point is that whether if hitler had those six weeks,he may have conqured moscow before winters set up creating the havoc with german supplies ?Once hitler failed in 1941,Nazi's defeat was only a matter of time.
I doubt he would take Moscow, but even if took it would not change much.

If French would have won that battle,Vietnam would have ended up in US led camp during cold war.

Hence i am assigning very little value to that battle as after 58 years of that battle,Vietnam is gravitating toward US camp because of it's tensions with China.If this come to fruition Dien Bien Phu would have delayed history only be half a decade.

Sorry for the delay in posting.An Indian fanboi in military affairs section is committing the blasphemy of violating first law of thermodynamics to prove his agenda.I am typing a very long post as refutation hence the delay.

We are yet to see the true results of this and other battles of recent times. I would not agree wholly to your views. Sino-Viet enmity goes way back. Ho Chi Minh rebuffed an attempt of posting Chinese troops in Indo-China saying "You fools, when the Chinese last came they stayed a thousand years, the French are outsiders they would go." May not be entirely accurate quote as writing from memory, but Vietnam never liked Chinese. So it would not be entirely accurate to view Vietnam's present US leanings in that light. What is significant is involvement of Great Powers like US/China/USSR in the great game of Cold War and resulting impact in neghbouring countries. Well anyway that's my opinion.

I completely agree to your statement. Winning Moscow would have merely lengthened the time needed to put Hitler down.

Cannot be called as a battle which had world altering impact...

It's impact was limited to Vietnam.

And going by the current thaw that is setting in US-Viet relations,it may just translate into just some missed decades in US-Vietnam relation.

PS. Dien Bien Phu was a France Vs Viet minh battle but i am viewing it from angle of US-Viet relations as lead to the Vietnam war which altered the geopolitics of south east Asia.
I think it's not limit to VietNam only.
They suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of the army of Vo Nguyen Giap, Supreme Commander of the Vietminh. Later Giap was to comment:

"The Dien Bien Phu campaign was a huge victory. It was the first time a poor feudal nation had beaten a great colonial power that had a modern industry and a massive army. The victory meant a lot, not just to us, but to people all over the world."
The Tet Offensive: the turning point in the Vietnam War
The Dien Bien Phu campaign proved that: if you have the will and support, you can defeat stronger enemy having better and more powerful weapon.

Maybe,Maybe not.....

We could only postulate on the possibilities.

A lot would have depended upon the reaction of Stalin to fall of Moscow and the further successes of Hitler's offensive in south.Losing of European Russia may have finished Stalin as most of the Soviet resources were in that region only.

These matters lie in realm of postulation.

I was just pointing out that Hitler's inability to conquer Moscow in 1941 was an important event.

We are yet to see the true results of this and other battles of recent times. I would not agree wholly to your views. Sino-Viet enmity goes way back. Ho Chi Minh rebuffed an attempt of posting Chinese troops in Indo-China saying "You fools, when the Chinese last came they stayed a thousand years, the French are outsiders they would go." May not be entirely accurate quote as writing from memory, but Vietnam never liked Chinese. So it would not be entirely accurate to view Vietnam's present US leanings in that light. What is significant is involvement of Great Powers like US/China/USSR in the great game of Cold War and resulting impact in neghbouring countries. Well anyway that's my opinion.

They certainly have impact on SE Asia.Vietnam may have played an important role in context of Cambodia but it's effect outside were negligible.After retreat from Vietnam,US simply ignored that region,with Soviet being dominant player in that region and the effect that Vietnam has on outside world declined.

Also The current good relation of Vietnam with US and subsequent opening of Economy has brought Vietnam at same position as would have been had South Vietnam prevailed over North with the lag of half a century in world's calculus.

For me it has to be Battle of Chamhur. Where 1 million strong Mughal Army could not do anything to 48 Sikhs.

SAWA LAKH SE EK LADAUN TABHI GOBIND SINGH NAAN KAHAUN

Battle of Chamkaur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is one of the eight collective stories of bravery published by UNESCO.

Absolutely Epic!

OH LORD NOT AGAIN!!!!! please stop this nonsense! :hitwall: 1 vs 20,833!!!! a beautiful thread so far will be utterly destroyed and hijacked now!

yeah.. we sikhs defeated muslims mant times. even made them wear shalwar kamig a womens dress which they very proudly wear even to this day as their national dress. they say it came frm central asia when nobody wears shalwar kamig anywhere around the world other than subcontinent. the original pathan dress was ghagra type

yeah.. we sikhs defeated muslims mant times. even made them wear shalwar kamig a womens dress which they very proudly wear even to this day as their national dress. they say it came frm central asia when nobody wears shalwar kamig anywhere around the world other than subcontinent. the original pathan dress was ghagra type

:lol: so from ghaghra choli you made them wear SALWAR KAMEG hahahahaha epic!!! good going and then you liekd them so much that you also started wearing it yourself! :rofl:

MODs please intervene before this thread is totally screwed!

we dont wear shalwar kamig .. we wear kurta payjama. its differnt. its more like old fashioned pants

:lol: so from ghaghra choli you made them wear SALWAR KAMEG hahahahaha epic!!! good going and then you liekd them so much that you also started wearing it yourself! :rofl:

MODs please intervene before this thread is totally screwed!
shalwar kameez is not the main dress of sikhs, altho they do wear it for the comfort.
anyways, i know that SK is the main dress of the pakistani male, i think a few frills and laces will make it look much better though. Enjoy.

shalwar kameez is not the main dress of sikhs, altho they do wear it for the comfort.
anyways, i know that SK is the main dress of the pakistani male, i think a few frills and laces will make it look much better though. Enjoy.

ya i guess indians in BOLLYWOOD have added your frills and laces! but thank the lord that sikhs changed the ghaghra to atleast salwar kameeg :rofl:

Maybe,Maybe not.....

We could only postulate on the possibilities.
Hitler captured important towns like Minsk, Kiev, Odessa, Kharkiv and USSR kept fighting. Why on earth it would stop fighting if Moscow was captured? In fact they mined buildings in Moscow and would keep fighting. As I said, most USSR industries were evacuated to Ural and Hitler had no chance reaching them.

A lot would have depended upon the reaction of Stalin to fall of Moscow and the further successes of Hitler's offensive in south.Losing of European Russia may have finished Stalin as most of the Soviet resources were in that region only.
Hitler had no chance to capture entire European Russia.

I was just pointing out that Hitler's inability to conquer Moscow in 1941 was an important event.
It would only prolong the war. There is no any reason to suggest that Stalin would surrender after losing Moscow and Hitler had no chance to defeat USSR if it kept fighting. Entire Barbarossa plan was based on one false assumption: that USSR is a giant on clay foots and it would collapse one striked hard. But since it did not happen Barbarossa was doomed to fail.

Back
Top Bottom