What's new

20 countries pre-orderer a billion doses of the Russian vaccine

obj 705A

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Russia says 20 countries have pre-ordered a billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine

MOSCOW: Russia has already received preliminary requests for 1 billion doses of its vaccine against COVID-19 from over 20 countries, Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) CEO Kirill Dmitriev said on Tuesday.

Earlier in the day, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that Russia has registered the world's first vaccine against COVID-19.

"We already received tentative interest and preliminary requests for 1 billion doses of Russian vaccine and this is a very significant number, of course.

It's all subject to approval of the vaccine in different markets, it's all subject to production capabilities to produce these vaccines in different markets, but we can confirm that 1 billion is the request, actually slightly more than 1 billion is the amount of preliminary requests we received from more than 20 countries," the RDIF head said at a press conference.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/wo...billion-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-2182016.amp

I do wonder what is gonna be the price of the vaccine. personaly I believe Russia should ask for no less than 150$ per dose. this would benefit their economy greatly, especially since they already recieved preoders for more than a billion doses, that would give them 150$ billion.

Did it finished clinical human trials? what are the results?

If I'm not mistaken it was said that phase 3 of testing was partially skipped or something like that.
However Russia declared that the vaccine has passed all testing that they deem necessary:
"Mr Putin said the vaccine had passed all the required checks, adding that his daughter had already been given it.
Officials have said they have plans to start a mass vaccination in October.".

bbc.com/news/world-europe-53735718

I'm sure Russia haters will discredit the vaccine while at the same time their own countries will buy as much as possible of it, similar to how they keep on saying Chinese PPE is not good while at the same time outbidding each other just to get more PPE from China.

If I was ever to be offered some of it, I would happily get myself enough doses of this vaccine for me & my family.

If I'm not mistaken it was said that phase 3 of testing was partially skipped or something like that.
However Russia declared that the vaccine has passed all testing that they deem necessary:
"Mr Putin said the vaccine had passed all the required checks, adding that his daughter had already been given it.
Officials have said they have plans to start a mass vaccination in October.".

bbc.com/news/world-europe-53735718

I'm sure Russia haters will discredit the vaccine while at the same time their own countries will buy as much as possible of it, similar to how they keep on saying Chinese PPE is not good while at the same time outbidding each other just to get more PPE from China.

If I was ever to be offered some of it, I would happily get myself enough doses of this vaccine for me & my family.
LMAO they skipped the full testing..... 1st World countrys ain't buying this. OXFORD and China were stupid to do phase 3 trials while Russia skips it and announces worlds first vaccine lol nah.

Putin`s daughter already tried it, so I think it should be ok.

I am sure that Russia has taken some measures to test for safety but vaccine safety is very complex and depends on so many factors like age, genetics, pre-existing medical conditions, gender and race.

Back
Top Bottom