What's new

20 aircraft to be inducted in PIA fleet very soon

salman77

Reaction score
20 aircraft to be inducted in PIA fleet very soon: Azeem
04 February, 2014

KARACHI: Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Aviation, Shujaat Azeem has said that PM Nawaz Sharif wants an early revival of PIA for which all-out efforts should be carried out on urgent basis.

He stated that while chairing a meeting with the airline officials and representatives of all PIA Union and Associations at PIA Headquarters. The meeting was also attended by Secretary Aviation & Chairman PIA, Muhammad Ali Gardezi and Managing Director PIA Muhammad Junaid Yunus.

Shujaat Azeem said that PIA flights to Najaf and Mashad will commence from next month. He said that PIA needs at least 45 aircraft and efforts are being made to get at least 20 aircraft that will be inducted in PIA fleet very soon and would include all three ranges, long, medium and short haul aircraft. He said that all employees should work as ‘one team' for the betterment of the airline.

He instructed officials deputed at airports to be present at airports to take care of passengers. PIA passengers should be well taken care of on the ground as well as on board. Employees of all cadres will be rewarded for their efficiency but slackness and corruption will not be tolerated at any cost and punitive actions will be taken against those found guilty.

The airline management is making efforts to curtail losses and increase revenue base by way of closing loss making routes and increasing frequencies to profitable routes. He said that PIA flight Kitchen, Training Centre and Engineering are doing a very good job and have the experience, capability and capacity to become Strategic Business Units. We are trying to establish MRO and efforts will be made to earn revenue by offering the services to other airlines and organizations, he added.

20 aircraft to be inducted in PIA fleet very soon: Azeem Pakistan Business

How developed is the aviation sector in Pakistan? Are there low cost airlines?

today i came to pak after 15!years.i was very excited.i went on PIA.i m dissapointed!!!!!

today i came to pak after 15!years.i was very excited.i went on PIA.i m dissapointed!!!!!

bro who said to you to travel on PIA.... specially when ur coming back after so long... i think you thought it must have improved....but actually it has turned for the worst.

damn it, why cant we sell the old ones and buy new ones?

excuse me for my lack of knowledge but hasnt the PIA been privatized...???

How developed is the aviation sector in Pakistan? Are there low cost airlines?
3 low cost airlines. Safety standards are among the leading in the sub continent. Numerous airports are being ungraded/built. CAA and PK will be privatized by the end of this year.

bro who said to you to travel on PIA.... specially when ur coming back after so long... i think you thought it must have improved....but actually it has turned for the worst.
bhai i thought to give some money to pak in this way...actually i had emirates in nearly same rate

3 low cost airlines. Safety standards are among the leading in the sub continent. Numerous airports are being ungraded/built. CAA and PK will be privatized by the end of this year.

Andho mein kana raja.

bhai i thought to give some money to pak in this way...actually i had emirates in nearly same rate

Many times PIA is expensive then better air lines. To much corruption.

why cant we sell the old ones

No one will buy them.

and buy new ones?

You haven't got a lot of money.

excuse me for my lack of knowledge but hasnt the PIA been privatized.

Not yet.

Safety standards are among the leading in the sub continent.

Bhoja Air crash, Air Blue crash, Shaheen Air landing incident, PIA ATR42 written off have all occurred within the last five years.

These aircrafts will be on lease, the PIA has gone down the drain.

Lease is a good thing. It gives you financial and fleet flexibility. The only people in the world who don't like to work that way are oil rich Arabs.

Right before handing it over to Private Sector (i.e. Sharif cronies) PIA will be beefed up from Public money. It's the ultra-rich who will reap the benefits; it's the ultra-poor who will have to pick up the tab.

Lease is a good thing. It gives you financial and fleet flexibility. The only people in the world who don't like to work that way are oil rich Arabs.

Negative. emirates also lease airplanes.

Back
Top Bottom