What's new

2 Typhoons Vs 8 USAF F15C

mshoaib61

Reaction score
Country
United States
During recent exercises, NATO Air Forces carried out several training combat engagements known as DACT, Dissimilar Aircraft Combat Training, involving different types of aircraft. In this situation, where the air dominance is a matter, the Eurofighter Typhoons turned out to be the leading air-to-air fighter jets.

Once again, the outstanding performance of the Eurofighter Typhoon was evident in a dogfight simulation. The 111 Squadron of the Spanish Air Force as well as the 493rd Squadron of the U.S. Air Force were deployed for training in ***** Air Base, Gran Canaria. The Spanish Squadron attended the training with a total of six Eurofighter Typhoons. The U.S. Air Force deployed F-15s.

In an interview on the exercise, Major Juan Balesta, the 41-year old Commander of the 111 Squadron stressed that a two-ship formation of Eurofighters involved in a dogfight simulation “against” the F-15s enjoyed full control of the engagement. The Typhoons managed to smash a formation of eight F-15s which had the role of the attacker with the first Eurofighter jet managing to "shoot down" four F-15 fighter jets. The second Eurofighter managed to disable three F-15 jets. Eventually the pilots were using the Eurofighter Typhoon to full capacity and taking advantage of its enormous capabilities. Trump that.

2 vs 8, and 2 won.

The bad news is, 8 were USAF F-15Cs.

Eurofighter Typhoon -

Subscribed, although i would like to know the circumstances. Is there going to be a flame war?....stay tuned and find out.

Last edited:
Subscribed, although i would like to know the circumstances. Is there going to be a flame war....stay tuned and find out.
Those who have never worn the uniform of a fast food franchise, let alone an air force and having some experience at DACT, will greedily suck up any news, no matter how thin in information, when it come to any seemingly bad news for the US. They have no understanding, nor do they care to find out, on if there are limitations and responsibilities on the roles in these war games, and how those factors can often predict the outcome. Most people do not know it but the USAF loses many war games to the host countries in helping them refine their defense.

Constant Peg
For more than a decade, until just before the November 1989 fall of the Berlin Wall, a secret Air Force aggressor unit flew Soviet MiGs in more than 15,000 sorties against US Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps pilots.
What a Constant Peg IP does is to initiate an attack and during the engagement, he often would offer commentaries and instructions to his opponents on how to defeat a Soviet fighter. If he wins, the fight is re-started on the next day. Same day if fuel is not a factor. This continues until the Constant Peg IP loses to the students. No different than when a USAFE visiting squadron is tasked to play 'bad guys' to the host. We did it for the West Germans, the Italians, the Spaniards, etc...etc...And we have no issues at losing. So until full details on how this particular event is released, any rejoicing about this should be taken as nothing more than from ignorance and childishness.

Those who have never worn the uniform of a fast food franchise, let alone an air force and having some experience at DACT, will greedily suck up any news, no matter how thin in information, when it come to any seemingly bad news for the US. They have no understanding, nor do they care to find out, on if there are limitations and responsibilities on the roles in these war games, and how those factors can often predict the outcome. Most people do not know it but the USAF loses many war games to the host countries in helping them refine their defense.

That's why i didn't jump to conclusions. I would like to know the circumstances before anything, for all i know the F-15's could have been handicape.

The US also had Victor Belenko (Mig-25 defector) train its pilots, i beleive he was a Top Gun pilot.

http://www.fullcontext.org/images/belenko_med.gif

Here is an example of what happens in a DACT event...

F-15s and F-16s take on the F-22 in Air Force War Games - Fighter Pilot Training - Popular Mechanics
Red Team pilots trying to shoot down Raptors study intelligence reports about foreign countries' air forces and operate their own aircraft, missiles and radar to emulate the emerging threats and give their opponents a tough time.
Right here are roles, responsibilities and limitations of the players. If the aggressors are tasked to emulate a threat from a hostile country into a country who is an ally of US, naturally they would enter this 'friendly' airspace from a known direction. This is determined by geography. The defenders would already be on the alert for hostile actions in a politically tense situation. So already we have one significant factor that could determine the outcome of a battle.

Simulated gun and missile shots are tracked by the controllers on the ground. When a target is killed, the deceased pilot receives a radio call telling him that he is dead. The pilot will often be sent to a location that simulates an enemy alert airfield, where he is "regenerated," simulating that the enemy has launched another aircraft.
Regenaration is often used to simulate defending against multiple attackers from different directions, or defending against fighters one moment and against emulated bombers the next. This can also be used to stress air and ground controllers as well. And if the aggressors are playing the roles of a certain type of aircrafts, naturally they would not be flying as if they are flying the aircrafts they are sitting in. Radar enhancers can be used to enable fighters to be bombers on the radar scopes. Bombers do not maneuvers at 9gs.

Talk about being desperate and gullible.

Unfair fight. Typhoon vs F-15s. thats lunch for Typhoon. It should have been stealth F-22 raptor vs no stealth Typhoon. i seen Typhoon cutting wind in sky. What is most impressive is its rate of climb and turning. It must be giving pilots dizziness. Just watching Typhoon video i felt G force lol. i wish india buys Tyhoon.

Unfair fight. Typhoon vs F-15s. thats lunch for Typhoon. It should have been stealth F-22 raptor vs no stealth Typhoon. i seen Typhoon cutting wind in sky. What is most impressive is its rate of climb and turning. It must be giving pilots dizziness. Just watching Typhoon video i felt G force lol. i wish india buys Tyhoon.

Between raptors and F-22 would really be an unfair fight as raptors can down typhoons before the typhoons can see the raptors.

typhoons is still an 4th generation fighter, which make it closer to the F-15 series , then an raptor. It may be a 4+++++++, but its still not a 5.0 generation fighter.

Between raptors and F-22 would really be an unfair fight as raptors can down typhoons before the typhoons can see the raptors.

typhoons is still an 4th generation fighter, which make it closer to the F-15 series , then an raptor. It may be a 4+++++++, but its still not a 5.0 generation fighter.

i agree with you buddy but if u going to compare Typhoon to F-15 then u should also explain how 2 typhoon's eaten 8 most advance F-15s. American pilots admitted Typhoon similar to F-22 raptor after testing typhoon. They said its 2nd best jet fighter. Obviously they wont say its better then F-22 raptor. i agree raptor is superior but typhoon not far behind. Its between 4.5 to 5th generation fighter. Sukhoi-30mki is 4.5 generation and typhoon has edge on su-30mki.

i agree with you buddy but if u going to compare Typhoon to F-15 then u should also explain how 2 typhoon's eaten 8 most advance F-15s. American pilots admitted Typhoon similar to F-22 raptor after testing typhoon. They said its 2nd best jet fighter. Obviously they wont say its better then F-22 raptor. i agree raptor is superior but typhoon not far behind. Its between 4.5 to 5th generation fighter. Sukhoi-30mki is 4.5 generation and typhoon has edge on su-30mki.

Well, in maneuverability, Typhoon can probably exceed that of F-22. But before it can start doing all those tricks, it would have been shot down by an F-22. In all honesty, F-22 doesn't have to be maneuverable at all, all it has to do is to ensure that the enemy doesn't know that it had been locked, F-22 can fire the missile and the enemy plane blow up before knowing that its about to get hit.

So in terms of visibility, Typhoon is closer to an F-15 that first came out in 1970s. So if I would have to categorize typhoon, I would put it closer to F-15, the first true gen 4 fighter vs f-22, the first gen 5 fighter. An 4th generation jet, no matter how advance it is, is still categorized as an 4th generation fighter no matter how many +++++ we put behind it. So all the 4th gen fighters are more closer to one another than to a 5th gen jet. Otherwise, there is no need to categorize fighters in generations.

There is absolutely no doubt that the Typhoon is the best 4.5+ generation fighter out there.

2005: Eurofighter vs. F-15E encounter

Eurofighter a shooting star in clash with US jets - Scotland on Sunday

2005: Typhoon versus 3 RSAF F-16s

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/7238/Typh-03.jpg

2008: Typhoon versus F-16, F-18, MIRAGE F1 and AV 8b Harrier

Google Nachricht

As can be seen, in all of the above encounters, the Typhoon trounced its opponents. No wonder the Typhoon is leading India's MRCA competition -

UPDATE 1-Eurofighter leading race for India deal- ambassador | Reuters

Well, in maneuverability, Typhoon can probably exceed that of F-22. But before it can start doing all those tricks, it would have been shot down by an F-22. In all honesty, F-22 doesn't have to be maneuverable at all, all it has to do is to ensure that the enemy doesn't know that it had been locked, F-22 can fire the missile and the enemy plane blow up before knowing that its about to get hit.

So in terms of visibility, Typhoon is closer to an F-15 that first came out in 1970s. So if I would have to categorize typhoon, I would put it closer to F-15, the first true gen 4 fighter vs f-22, the first gen 5 fighter. An 4th generation jet, no matter how advance it is, is still categorized as an 4th generation fighter no matter how many +++++ we put behind it. So all the 4th gen fighters are more closer to one another than to a 5th gen jet. Otherwise, there is no need to categorize fighters in generations.

Buddy F-22 raptor is superior then Typhoon but Typhoon can drope dead F-22 raptor. If you remember F-18 pitched against F-22. F-18 did managed to shoot down F-22. Now can we compare F-18 vs Typhoon? Its obvious Typhoon superior. Its more likely that typhoon will shoot down F-22 but F-22 will be the winner. in one video i seen Typhoon been chased by Two Sam and managed to get away by After burner, some moves and decoy flairs. Typhoon got the speed and agility that it suprices enemy. IAF knew something about typhoon when Su-30MKI pitched against typhoon. Both RAF and IAF were impressed with each others jet fighter.

the ef2000 and the raptor are in actual.....designed with many similar goals in mind....in fact in conventional performance, the ef200 measures up VERY well with the raptor...

eg..they are identical in thrust/weight ratios, ceiling, high subsonic maneuverability,high supersonic maneuverability...etc.

while the ef2000 goes for balanced survivability..while the raptor goes for VLO....

thing's that....in a way the raptor isnt as configurable as the ef2000...

also its VLO tremendously increased the weight...meaning that a lot more fuel is used to sustain performance levels as compared to the ef2000....thus it becomes heavier...and yet more fuel is required....

then again in terms of reliability, the raptor isnt exactly the kalashnikov of fighters.....

i mean.....the skins gets damaged by light rain,critical faliures in every 1.7 hours of flight,
it requires 34 hours of maintanence after each hour of flight...

only about 55 percent of the fleet is deemed to be fully functional....

the usa has NEVER used the f22 in iraq or afghanistan....

there have been revelations by lockheed employees that the actual capabilities of the aircraft are far below what is being advertised.....

besides, even the usa decided to kill the programme at 187 airplanes rather than the planned 800....

so i'd say i'd still go with the ef2000..even though itsnt as spiffy cool , and in-your-face awesome as the raptor, for the 1.7 hours that it goes without a faliure....

i would like to know more abt the combat situation before commenting on this.

eurofighter is certainly more capable then f-15 c but 02 eurofighters taking on 08 f-15 is totally unheard of.

its good that these things r coming to light cas i feel eurofighter may just win the MMRCA deal.

the ef2000 and the raptor are in actual.....designed with many similar goals in mind....in fact in conventional performance, the ef200 measures up VERY well with the raptor...

eg..they are identical in thrust/weight ratios, ceiling, high subsonic maneuverability,high supersonic maneuverability...etc.

while the ef2000 goes for balanced survivability..while the raptor goes for VLO....

thing's that....in a way the raptor isnt as configurable as the ef2000...

also its VLO tremendously increased the weight...meaning that a lot more fuel is used to sustain performance levels as compared to the ef2000....thus it becomes heavier...and yet more fuel is required....

then again in terms of reliability, the raptor isnt exactly the kalashnikov of fighters.....

i mean.....the skins gets damaged by light rain,critical faliures in every 1.7 hours of flight,
it requires 34 hours of maintanence after each hour of flight...

only about 55 percent of the fleet is deemed to be fully functional....

the usa has NEVER used the f22 in iraq or afghanistan....

there have been revelations by lockheed employees that the actual capabilities of the aircraft are far below what is being advertised.....

besides, even the usa decided to kill the programme at 187 airplanes rather than the planned 800....

so i'd say i'd still go with the ef2000..even though itsnt as spiffy cool , and in-your-face awesome as the raptor, for the 1.7 hours that it goes without a faliure....
The man obviously have not read how the highlighted have been debunked elsewhere here. No need to address the rest.

Constant Peg

What a Constant Peg IP does is to initiate an attack and during the engagement, he often would offer commentaries and instructions to his opponents on how to defeat a Soviet fighter. If he wins, the fight is re-started on the next day. Same day if fuel is not a factor. This continues until the Constant Peg IP loses to the students. No different than when a USAFE visiting squadron is tasked to play 'bad guys' to the host. We did it for the West Germans, the Italians, the Spaniards, etc...etc...And we have no issues at losing. So until full details on how this particular event is released, any rejoicing about this should be taken as nothing more than from ignorance and childishness.

Although I DO NOT disagree with you, I must say that it comes as a surprise to me that you would write this, because CLEARLY similar limitations / restrictions / conditions apply also when F-22s take part in these scenarios,

yet to this day I have seen no one mentioning that in those cases.
Unless ofcourse things are so onesided and when an F22 ranks up a huge kill ratio it is because of the amazing design of the plane and when a EF2000 ranks up a good result it is because of the scenario configuration and special conditions. .. .
:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom