What's new

2 Typhoons Vs 8 USAF F15C

I dont know.. I have mixed info about the Typhoon... although it flies great in a simulator (better than F22 even)... lol

Not all F-15 C have been upgraded yet. It would be interesting to know if these were. I would be more interested in f-35 v typhoon.

how EF ll fare with F 15 Silent eagle, and SU 35?
which one will better than other 2 ?

how EF ll fare with F 15 Silent eagle, and SU 35?
which one will better than other 2 ?
I would guess it could be a close fight...since we are talking about 4.5 gen fighters and F-15C are not...:cheers:

Glad to see our Pakistani friends like the Typhoon's performance, keep an eye out.........you might seem them flying over your cities soon.:P

Hey, I read few months back on this forum that Typhoons got killed by Pakistani pilots in Turkish F16 Block 52 during Anatolian eagles exercises 2 out of 2 times.

typhoon vs f 15 no comparison. atleast it should be f 18

adding three numbers to a version of aircraft dose not make it better :).both are intended towards diffrent roles..f15 is a true airsupiriority fighter where as f18 is a multirole,more inclined toward ground attack.. i imo the fight was fair as euro fighter is an multirole air superiority fighter..

It is impossible to adequately describe how DACT between friendly nations is done. Gambit made a very good effort. The public commonly thinks of them as all-out brawls, like boxing. Two heavyweights go at it, and only one remains standing. It is NEVER like that in DACT.

In my years of ACT/DACT, every single mission had what are called "learning objectives", and one or both sides act a role, so as to maximize training. When the USAF aggressors came to support a unit, everyone outside of the environment thinks "The Aggressors will go in and fight as hard as they can; may the best man win." It doesn't work that way. I (in an instructor role) may take a new wingman, and make use of a single Aggressor, placing him in what are called perch setups, canned setups designed to train the new wingman. I may handcuff the Aggressor further, telling him he is limited to AIM-9P equivalent. I'll have him start behind on some setups, and I'll have him start in front, so that I may teach the new wingman the art of good COMM and maneuvering with a partner in both offensive and defensive setups.

This can get expanded into a 4 V 4. I will ask the Aggressors on the first engagement to execute a lead-trail formation, with the leaders dragging out, or some sort of difficult sorting problem for our flight. On the next, I may say "We are all AIM-9P and guns" meaning no BVR, no front-aspect shots. Everything is crafted to maximize training. I "died" hundreds if not thousands of times in training. That's how you get better.

In this sort of situation as described, the F-15's may be acting in an Aggressor role. They may have been intentionally limited. Or, it is entirely possible they got waxed. That doesn't mean that the next day, they won't crush the opponent. That's how it goes from day to day.

One other thing people rarely consider is the psychological factor of watching your friends and flight leaders go down in flames. It is easy to say "8 MiG-21's can kill 2 F-15's", but I will guarantee when your friends are blowing up all around you, and there are shouts and frantic calls on the radio, the best plan in the world will flush right down the toilet.

Glad to see our Pakistani friends like the Typhoon's performance, keep an eye out.........you might seem them flying over your cities soon.:P

The PAF is not buying typhoons...
Are the saudi's coming in for an exercise??
.:lol::azn:

It would be prudent to know.. all these ACT's are usually brought up as marketing ploys..
The French claimed an even score with the Raptor in the ATLC..
Doesnt mean it will actually play out like that if it ever gets real.

The PAF is not buying typhoons...
Are the saudi's coming in for an exercise??
.:lol::azn:

It would be prudent to know.. all these ACT's are usually brought up as marketing ploys..
The French claimed an even score with the Raptor in the ATLC..
Doesnt mean it will actually play out like that if it ever gets real.

It never plays like that in real life, because missiles in real life don't always find the target ...

Back
Top Bottom