What's new

2 for 109: India wants all prisoners back in lieu of Italian marines

2 italian lives are worth 109 indian lives?

I thought you guys brag about your IQ. It is 109 lives if you must- gets you only 2 of theirs back. Maybe you need to pay attention to games where they draft players. Like soccer... give me 109 players in the draft and I will give up only 2.

I thought you guys brag about your IQ. It is 109 lives if you must- gets you only 2 of theirs back. Maybe you need to pay attention to games where they draft players. Like soccer... give me 109 players in the draft and I will give up only 2.

2 Italian serie-A football players; 109 ball boys ( forget about the deceased for a moment)!

The prisoners convicted for serious crimes should not be brought to India.

Its good news for the prisoners convicted for minor crimes or immigration related issues.....let them come back.

2 Italian serie-A football players; 109 ball boys ( forget about the deceased for a moment)!

Again the low IQ showing up - you don't draft ball boys in a draft. Perhaps you are getting all confused with all blind ones you are forced to export.

Again the low IQ showing up - you don't draft ball boys in a draft. Perhaps you are getting all confused with all blind ones you are forced to export.

who says it is a draft! what a demonstration of indian iq!

It does not work the way you describe it, it might not.
Have you seen the treaty text between the two?
If not, why extrapolate?

No I have not seen the treaty text between India and Italy. I am not even aware whether such an extradition treaty got signed between India and Italy, and for all I am aware, until 2010 both the countries had only an extradition arrangement, which cannot be equated with a treaty.

So if indeed there exists a treaty between India and Italy that facilitates the prisoners to serve their prison sentences in their respective home countries, why not do a favor and post it here for all of us to see?

it has nothing to do with numbers or nor is it a blackmail game, India signed a treaty with Italy(and many others) that citizens sentenced for jail should be transferred to their home country where they will spend their punishment term. even if no Indians were at jail or no marines were in India India/Italy would have handed over the citizens to each other.the treaty was on slow progress, but marine issue resulted a quick deal.

This is not about lives. If they want their guys back, we want all our people back. We are not equating lives here.

Maybe India should return all Italians too? Aren't there any more Italians in Indian jails?

No I have not seen the treaty text between India and Italy. I am not even aware whether such an extradition treaty got signed between India and Italy, and for all I am aware, until 2010 both the countries had only an extradition arrangement, which cannot be equated with a treaty.

So if indeed there exists a treaty between India and Italy that facilitates the prisoners to serve their prison sentences in their respective home countries, why not do a favor and post it here for all of us to see?

Its not extradition arrangement, never heard. arrangement can be for short term, one time/stop gap situation. It is treaty in International diplomatic jargon:

Extradition is the official process whereby one nation or state surrenders a suspected or convicted criminal to another nation or state. Between nation states, extradition is regulated by treaties. Where extradition is compelled by laws, such as among sub-national jurisdictions, the concept may be known more generally as rendition.

http://www.cbi.nic.in/interpol/extradition_treaties.php

Its not extradition arrangement, never heard. arrangement can be for short term, one time/stop gap situation. It is treaty in International diplomatic jargon:

Central Bureau Of Investigation

It would save a lot of work if you care to read the very sources that you cite.

733864_127451524107131_1502064090_n.jpg

So, as a logical next step, why not make some efforts to post "the treaty text" that you so confidently talked about in your previous post?

It would save a lot of work if you care to read the very sources that you cite.

733864_127451524107131_1502064090_n.jpg

So, as a logical next step, why not make some efforts to post "the treaty text" that you so confidently talked about in your previous post?

Its a simple caption, but the URL describes it as treaty:
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)extradition_treaties.php

Extradition is the official process whereby one nation or state surrenders a suspected or convicted criminal to another nation or state. Between nation states, extradition is regulated by treaties. Where extradition is compelled by laws, such as among sub-national jurisdictions, the concept may be known more generally as rendition.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ack-lieu-italian-marines-3.html#ixzz2PORxhwFe

You forgot above expounded meaning in thesaurus.

Its a simple caption, but the URL describes it as treaty:
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)extradition_treaties.php

You forgot above expounded meaning in thesaurus.

Dude, the term treaty in the URL is meant for the list that lies above the one that I posted. It does not define the list that contains Italy, and hence that second list is separate from those that do have treaties with India.

I think you need to take my advice seriously and read the page again. The list of treaties is the one above that contains links, and not the one that contains mere mentioning of Italy, not even a link to take you to the treaty.

If you still didn't get it, then thank you for quoting me sir, and have a good day.

And you perhaps overlooked the foot note in the form of below text in that CBI link:

The request for extradition and the documents thereof should be prepared as per the requirements of the extradition treaty between India and the country concerned from which the fugitive is to be extradited to India.

Treaty is of paramount nature....

Utter nonsense. This is not how justice is served. Those 109 were not captured during war. So why the exchange?

If India is thinking on those lines then it is unfortunate and I would say taking it too far.

Back
Top Bottom