What's new

$2 billion fifth generation Indian fighter program cleared

5th gen fighter for 2bn?? how cheap can it get??? or is it going to be a mere assembly plant for T50??

2 Billion is the Initial Clearance of Funds... Its Going to Cost even More for India.... 2 Billion is the Proposed Money for rolling out 2 Technology Demonstrators and 7 Prototypes ....

As Far as the FGFA Assembly Plant , We have The facility ever since We Started to Design and Assemble the MKI version of Su 30....

Its gonna be nothing but another 30 years of wait.. By the time this plane make its first flight.. All the Indian members here would have spent half of their lives and would be least interested in whats going on with the "2 billion $ 5th Gen Aircraft"

I can Understand The Amount of Frustration oozing Out from You, and your Generosity to release those is well Accepted... But as I said, Its Non Of Pakistan's Business, First try to make atleast a 2nd Generation warplane all By Yourself Before even attempting to Make fun of Others, If the Same Was said by China or Russia or USA we Would probably have had N words to Counter as they already are in this Filed, But these Words Coming out from a Pakistani's Mouth is Un acceptable...

Just another lollipop the Indian government is giving its citizens to suck on and kill time.

Well What Can I say to a Frustrated Gentle man Who has Himself Disguised to come directly from a first worlds Nation Little Knowing that His country is named in the top 10 failed nations list and His President by himself is a Criminal...

Don't even bother stating the difference between Assembling and developing... Its an old one now guys. move on. What matters is you guys have a plane to fly and use when u need it. I do hope the reality turns out to be different for you this time guys. Best of Luck again.

Well We Dont Call a Fighter Indigenous Unless Otherwise we have Credible proof to Substantiate it but there are Some who call every thing Indigenous but when asked about there Contribution they are absolutely Speech less ...

We have Man, Money and Technology.... Well as far As Pakistan You have Non, Hope U get the difference Now

@AMCA YOU SHOULDN'T BURST FIRE BUDDY,REMEMBER WE ARE GUEST HERE . And Mods hope you plz ignore or even delete his post.

I can Understand The Amount of Frustration oozing Out from You, and your Generosity to release those is well Accepted... But as I said, Its Non Of Pakistan's Business, First try to make atleast a 2nd Generation warplane all By Yourself Before even attempting to Make fun of Others, If the Same Was said by China or Russia or USA we Would probably have had N words to Counter as they already are in this Filed, But these Words Coming out from a Pakistani's Mouth is Un acceptable...

The first test-flight of the Tejas Mark-II version, with more powerful American GE F-414 engines, will be possible only by December 2014, with its production beginning in June 2016. And even then, the Tejas will just be a medium to low-end fighter, not a high-end air dominance one.” , The Times of India quotes the Union Defense Minister A.K. Antony that the “Tejas has just reached semi-final stage The overall developmental cost of the Tejas project, including the naval variant and trainer, has zoomed up to Rs 17,269 crore from the initial Rs 560 crore earmarked for it in 1983. With each Tejas to cost around Rs 200 crore over and above this, India will end up spending well over Rs 25,000 crore on the programme.

Lets design Tejas first then think about the great on paper designs like AMCA :D

We have Man, Money and Technology.... Well as far As Pakistan You have Non, Hope U get the difference Now
ROFL Pakistan has none really ? Are these the same people who once thought it impossible for Pakistan to survive beyond 2-3 years let alone become a nuclear power ? :D

I can guess why are the bakistanis frustrated. The initial amount which has been sanctioned is equal to half of their country's defence budget.

**Angoor khatte hai**

The first test-flight of the Tejas Mark-II version, with more powerful American GE F-414 engines, will be possible only by December 2014, with its production beginning in June 2016. And even then, the Tejas will just be a medium to low-end fighter, not a high-end air dominance one.” , The Times of India quotes the Union Defense Minister A.K. Antony that the “Tejas has just reached semi-final stage The overall developmental cost of the Tejas project, including the naval variant and trainer, has zoomed up to Rs 17,269 crore from the initial Rs 560 crore earmarked for it in 1983. With each Tejas to cost around Rs 200 crore over and above this, India will end up spending well over Rs 25,000 crore on the programme.

Lets design Tejas first then think about the great on paper designs like AMCA :D

ROFL Pakistan has none really ? Are these the same people who once thought it impossible for Pakistan to survive beyond 2-3 years let alone become a nuclear power ? :D

yh and hope u remember the we loaned u the moolah days after independence and u still wown us the same,wondering what the interest might be :lol:

I think the earlier models of the AMCA is a just a concept design not a real design because going through windtunnel testing is very expensive, impossible to do without dedicated funds. So basically the models displayed so far probably will not be close to a real prototype. The AMCA needs to start from scratch basically, from aerodynamic design, stealth design, wind tunnel testing, etc... The first flight should be around 2020, 8-9 years from now I think.

I think the earlier models of the AMCA is a just a concept design not a real design because going through windtunnel testing is very expensive, impossible to do without dedicated funds. So basically the models displayed so far probably will not be close to a real prototype. The AMCA needs to start from scratch basically, from aerodynamic design, stealth design, wind tunnel testing, etc... The first flight should be around 2020, 8-9 years from now I think.
It might even take longer than what you have quoted. probably our sons and daughters can fly the damm thing.

This fund is on top of the initial money injected in the project. So there was money for wind tunnel testing.

Rs. 100 crore($20 million) is a big amount ...

it seem that design is ready and now fund is been asked to develope the fighter prototype...

2 billion $ for 5th generation jet program
the future of amca is same as tejas

This is only part of the development cost. Not to forget 2 Billion dollar goes a longer way than it will go in say, America or Europe owing to lower labor cost.

Do you even know how much two Billion Dollars is?!(More than 8000 crore INR!)
We are spending around three billion dollars for the FGFA development(The other three Billion dollars is from Russia).
And more than 10 Defence R&D Organisation Labs are working for the FGFA so,there is sharing between these two projects in certain areas,which will save costs and not to mention that the Kaveri engine(Intended for AMCA) with Snecma M88 core(the current Kabini core will be replaced if the JV is signed )has it's own moolah from GoI which also runs into several hundred crores!
The two Billion dollars which have been initially sanctioned is a calculated/smart move IMO.

This is only part of the development cost. Not to forget 2 Billion dollar goes a longer way than it will go in say, America or Europe owing to lower labor cost.

not actually quiet the opposite, when it comes to defence matters 2 billion in a 3rd world country like india will only go so far compared to 2 billion in Australia who has access to high level technologies. but when it comes to manufacturing due to cheap labor costs, in india $1 will go further than australia because obviously australians are paid higher. thus Australia labor is at premium hence it wont be economical to say make shoes here because productive output of a shoe is not that much compared what you have input into an Australian, whereas in india you will be giving barely more than food supplies for a days work. .

Back
Top Bottom