What's new

2,050MW added to national grid in last 21 months

Whoso ever thinks that all this was initiated by mush is somewhat incorrect as during his 8 years The generation capacity remained at 20000MW. Even the energy experts consider this as a major policy blunder by Mush as with growth, the energy needs extend, but Mush didnt even think about it. So we are facing the crisis as the energy capacity should ideally progress continuously at about 125% of Production growth which did not happen.

Actually hasnain,
Thats a blunder by the PPP..... Musharraf did initiate couple of projects and several power projects were completed under his regime

But it is trend of all the governments to diminish the reputation of a previous government to exaggerate their work and earn larger vote-bank for the next elections

Musharraf did show the signs of negligence in this sector but it is not the way shown on the tv

Zaki... what is not cheap in solar power system?
Solar panel or controller?
I don't know what else is required! perhaps few batteries for the night!

As per my guess solar panel producing 100 watt shall not cost more than 100$
Until you plan to buy high output panels...
Cost of a 1500kw controller from china shall not exceed more than 1500$

Now if we start building both items locally than it may cost if not less than same, provided govt. do not discourage such bussiness by imposing huge taxes.

If such project initiated than govt. will be saving lot of capital which is usually spent on infrastructure development of power houses and their transmission. not to mention the stolen electricity by the political activists.
oh yaar, 100watt se banta kuch nahi naa
woh to shayad 250 - 300 pounds ka mil jaata hai UK se, so Pakistan sasta bana le ga phir shayad 300 dollars ka ho jaye

par phir bhi - us se kya jalana hai? tubelight?

Agar 1000watt ka ho to ghareeb bande ka kuch bhala ho jaye ga par woh bohat mahanga hota hai ghareeb logon ki pohanch se bahar... aur waise bhi sab ghar main 1kw tak electricity generate nahi hoti - bas kisi kisi ghar main itni sun ki heat pohanchti hai ke 1kw electricity bana sakay

maine 1 file share ki theee 1 baar please do read it - may be it might be helpful for you - is main bohat acha comparison kiya hai sab electricity alternatives ka jo Pakistan main available hain

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: 20081107-Dalberg-Pakistan.pdf

Why not try google?

Here is 3000 watt controller and inverter for 2000$

Apollo Solar 3200W, 24V 120/240 Split-Phase Inverter/Charger - 3000 to 5500 Watts @ AltE

Here are 1000 watt solar panels on ebay U.S. for 350$ so about 1000$ for 3000watt.

1000w DIY solar cells panel kit 6x6 cells with wire kit - eBay (item 160497589244 end time Oct-31-10 03:25:43 PDT)

Total cost of project baught over internet is around 3000$
tell me where i was wrong?

BTW... for heating we shall not use electricity... solar heaters does not use electricity.. i meant simple ones.

Can you imagine how much electricity bills you save for period of one year?

I hate to do it but just to clear the perception of ignorants.
Below; i'm quoting example of India who is going solar full steam ahead.
Wonder, if they have given it any thought before announcing so much incentives?

Govt to bear 80% cost of generating solar power

In case of Pakistan where we had to support wapda from international credits the, principally govt. should offer 90% share in total cost.
I have done lot of business with wapda in past. I know it as a big white elephant.

Guys... i just have to say i'm professional, i may not be updated on prices and development but i know the basics and better than where your thoughts end.

There is much more than solar panels to solar energy.
Pakistan is the place where sun is bright and hot for most hours and a fertile land for solar energy.
Only your govt. is resisting it because of kickbacks paid by importers of oil and corporations like wapda will never accept it.
I'm just waiting for the change in govt. and hope next govt. make policies keeping Pakistan's interest forward instead of destroying it for cheap kickbacks.

Kalabagh dam may help save Rs33b a year

^^BTW... solar saves much more but we need hydel to keep floods and droughts in check.

Last edited:
llol @ ignorants
I will reply to your above post in a while

I thought you know about solar energy but sorry you disappointed me big time today :lol:

The inverters and cells you are showing are not for housing, these are off-grid panels and work as stand-alone systems..... like a calculator or solar powered pedestal fans, tube lights that we often find in local markets of Pakistan

They cannot support any heavy machinery on these small machines......First you were talking about Solar power (that usually is state-owned project) suddenly i noticed you switched to Independent solar panels and now you switched to stand-alone appliances that has nothing to do with Grid-tied Solar systems :rofl:

Last edited:
Than you perhaps would like to say that whole world adopting to solar has disappointed you.
It is free, clean and uninterrupted , it saves you international credits... what else you are looking for?

BTW.. which post are you going to reply?
The last one or the one before?

Than you perhaps would like to say that whole world adopting to solar has disappointed you.
It is free, clean and uninterrupted , it saves you international credits... what else you are looking for?

BTW.. which post are you going to reply?
The last one or the one before?

That "why not try google" wali post yaar.....

The whole world is not mad, Solar-energy is becoming popular in western countries because they are developed nations and they can afford it..... Although they too are using up to minimum extent (if you compare it with other alternatives they are using) and promoting mostly for individual houses....

By the way, in your thoughts you are talking about Grid-tied solar system and showing other equipments..... FYI, a typical clothes dryer requires 5500 watts of electricity and look at this ebay offer for 4000watt only....

4KW GRID TIED SOLAR POWER SYSTEM COMPLETE PACKAGE on eBay (end time 06-Nov-10 09:34:45 GMT)

so despite investing 12,499 Euros you still cannot use a Dryer in your home.......

PS: Remember you are not buying only cells, you are buying a whole package

anyway will get back to you in a while - working at the moment

Western countries are definitely switching to solar because it save them hell lot of money.
In europe where the sun shine is 100% less than Pakistan and electricity is cheaper... still solar power is a win win solution.

Europe is using sunlight mainly for heating as an alternate of oil heating.
While we stupid Pakistanis are switching to oil based power plants, just because producers of oil based plants face extinction and they offer kickbacks to democratic govt.

Solar is not meant to run dryer.. and their is no limit to the prices on higher end.
I gave you international prices... if Pakistan start building solar panels and inverters by itself than it is even cheaper.
Prices posted by me are not fake either, its just not ready made solution and you might have to use an electrician to have connections and assembling.
I'm not stupid to buy whole thing assembled while i can do it my self maximum in two days and with much better quality.

While you are totally ignoring the profit govt. will have with promotion of solar energy.
Imagine if govt. of Pakistan announce they will subsidize every solar project 80%?
Govt. still be the winner.

Do you know even poor nepalis are producing it and switching to cheap solar energy.

Western countries are definitely switching to solar because it save them hell lot of money.
In europe where the sun shine is 100% less than Pakistan and electricity is cheaper... still solar power is a win win solution.

Europe is using sunlight mainly for heating as an alternate of oil heating.
While we stupid Pakistanis are switching to oil based power plants, just because producers of oil based plants face extinction and they offer kickbacks to democratic govt.

Solar is not meant to run dryer.. and their is no limit to the prices on higher end.
I gave you a international prices... if Pakistan start building solar panels and inverters by itself than it is even cheaper.
Prices posted by me are not fake either, its just not ready made solution and you might have to use an electrician to have connections and assembling.
I'm not stupid to buy whole thing assembled while i can do it my self maximum in two days and with much better quality.

While you are totally ignoring the profit govt. will have with promotion of solar energy.
Imagine if govt. of Pakistan announce they will subsidize every solar project 80%?
Govt. still be the winner.

Do you know even poor nepalis are producing it and switching to cheap solar energy.

lol................ Nepal? you sure? kindly prove it

All i know is, even the poor countries like Zimbabwe and Afghanistan may have private company offering solar electricity.... but usually they are very limited

Those kind of companies also exist in Pakistan.... I found 3 private companies in Nepal and 6 in Pakistan from this website only

Nepalese Solar Energy Companies, Installers, Distributors

Pakistani Solar Energy Companies, Installers, Distributors

Show me any solar project run by the government in Nepal? i don't think its possible and even if there is......... I bet you - it would not be more than few MW

Zaki;1222573]Well doesn't matter, the initial costs of solar panels are too high.... I give you one "desi example" if you want

1) a Typical solar panel of 1 kilowatt costs around $4650 dollars + Taxes with 10 years warranty in Pakistan according to this website

Select most suitable Solar Power Plan for you!

So thats above $5000 dollars to be precise or - you can say around 425,000 rupees

Now you can get same amount of electricity from UPS for only 10,000 rupees right?

So why will you invest 42 times more money (initial costs) if you can get the same electricity by investing 10k of Pakistani rupee only?

That also applies for bigger plants

Governments do not buy from Website.

If GOP was to offer incentives to the manufacturer they will come in the start the cost will be high over time it will drop significantly.
but in the process you will have a new industry set up in Pakistan creating 1000s of badly needed jobs in manufacturing installations and maintenance.

cost of power in the 80s was in 100s of rupees and now it's in 10000s because of lack of and bad investment policies of previous governments and cost of oil and gas you want us to continue that path?whats the cost going to be to generate power from Sun in the future once the technology has matured but whats the cost of power will be generating from OIL and gas fired plants.?

YouTube - Giant Freezer Runs On Solar Power

Last edited:
Although they too are using up to minimum extent (if you compare it with other alternatives they are using) and promoting mostly for individual houses....
Do you think it can be used to any extent privatly? I know my cousin, who owns a computer shop in Gulshan-e-Iqbal in Karachi, was looking into some solar panels for load shedding.

@ Batman

Sorry I forgot to reply before - this thread just went out of my mind - will try to reply tonight hopefully

You were saying that the world is running after Solar energy and I asserted to my point that the world is moving to wind energy which itself is not very cheap - solar is far away

Look at this graph that proves my claim - Look at the share of renewable energy by 2030 and trust me 90% of that share is only wind - solar is too less - project by the world....

world_electricity_generation_by_energy_source.jpg

Do you think it can be used to any extent privatly? I know my cousin, who owns a computer shop in Gulshan-e-Iqbal in Karachi, was looking into some solar panels for load shedding.

well if your cousin is rich he can afford it... but if belongs to middle or middle-upper class family owning less than 2 crore rupees of wealth - better wait for another 5-10 years until solar energy gets cheaper :)

And thats my 10,000th post :)

Many of these projects were initiated by Mush regime and claimed by Ghaddari!
anyone can can lay the foundation stone of the project and leave it for centuries to complete. but the real person to be applauded is one who brings it to fruition....JAI ho zardari govt for completing the prpject.

Back
Top Bottom