What's new

1b defence deal sealed

@Loki , the kinds of weapons we R getting is not clearly known yet. And the Yak 130 is also not in the list but the deal is of 12000cr (over a $$1 billion). Was the army taken on board over this purchase or was any technical consultation done. Lets not forget the mig scandal. Don't get me wrong. I really wish for a modernized army but more financial transparency is needed at least in national security issues. We don't even have a defence policy over the last 40 years. Funny isn't? This gov has looted far beyond any sort of comparison in BD's history or I would say S.asian history. And this russian trip may be more than some defence/nuclear deal. BAL is internationally cornered & looking for some new master.

Last edited by a moderator:
That credit line or commonly known as suppliers credit are often more costly. Besides, credit or loan both has interest payment attached to it. In fact scope of corruption with credit or suppliers credit is even greater. So why don't you post specific news that this deal is done under credit and what are financial terms of it?

Yeah, my bad.

The precise financial terms of this deal are unknown.

@Loki , the kinds of weapons we R getting is not clearly known yet. And the Yak 130 is also not in the list but the deal is of 12000cr (over a $$1 billion). Was the army taken on board over this purchase or was any technical consultation done. Lets not forget the mig scandal. Don't get me wrong. I really wish for a modernized army but more financial transparency is needed at least in national security issues. We don't even have a defence policy over the last 40 years. Funny isn't? This gov has looted far beyond any sort of comparison in BD's history or I would say S.asian history. And this russian trip may be more than some defence/nuclear deal. BAL is internationally cornered & looking for some new master.

That is 100% true. No offense, but I wonder what BNP did to address the issue. Given Bangladesh's internal and external security environment, it should have a realistic and thorough defense policy.

The army does use a decent number of Russian equipment such as the BTR-80 and Mi-17. And no matter what, we do need more helicopters since we are a natural disaster-prone zone nation, and would help in UN peacekeeping.

And if I'm not mistaken, we do offer leases for our BTR-80s, and we may be able to offer the Mi-17 given we have a sufficient number of them. So there's a potential money maker.

But hey, they shouldn't say like: "Hey, this'd help a lot in UN peacekeeping!"

No country spends $1 billion on peacekeeping. lolz...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom