What's new

1984: Saudi F-15s shot down Iranian F-4 Phantom II's.

Of course we , unfortunately , live in an islamist iran , where not only such incidents happen , but where ayatollah Khomeini prohibits the Iranian army from retaliating against the Iraqi people with chemical weapons , because they are considered our brothers in faith ; Inshallah , in the near to far future when we live in an unislamic iran , such incidents will certainly not go unnoticed or unpublished

Strange it might seems, but the intention from Iranian side is to attack the Shipping during the Iran-Iraq war. Both Bogey (by the way, you spell bogey wrong in your OP..Bougey is a disco move...) are planning to ambush the shipping entering/leaving Saudi Arabian Coast.

A news source (I can't remember which) claim the F-4 were jumped by the F-15C and their mission was to ground attack, otherwise F-14 would have ben use. Now, we don't really know if the Iranian Underestimate the combine Saudi/US ability to monitor the area or the Iranian don't even know US were involved in this, but the latter reason seems strange when you consider the information Iranian leak afterward, which is they suspect the Saudi F-15C were piloted by US instructor, it could even be the Iranian simply do not know the US E-3 are in the area operating.

The aerial combat is successful with the Saudi side only because the US is feeding them coordinate and refuelling their CAP. Iranian have more or less Crap Radar coverage and it is not surprising to know if they do not know E-3 are in the Area.

However, what I can say for certain is the JUMPING of their come as a surprise to the Iranian, as after the jumping allegedly occur, Iranian send up 11 more F-4 fighter and loitering the Saudi Border prompting the Saudi to send 11 F-15C in the air to get into stand off.
For some reason we didn't use F-15 outside Iranian air space

I didn't realize Iran was such a super power that it can start WWIII, LOL!! If you guys weren't in such a close proximity to Saudi Arabia and Israel, I think today would be the third anniversary since the Iranian weapon sites were removed!

The conflict will lead to the GCC, Israel, US and even NATO joining if it gets out of hand.

Of course we , unfortunately , live in an islamist iran , where not only such incidents happen , but where ayatollah Khomeini prohibits the Iranian army from retaliating against the Iraqi people with chemical weapons , because they are considered our brothers in faith ; Inshallah , in the near to far future when we live in an unislamic iran , such incidents will certainly not go unnoticed or unpublished

I wish everybody understands what you're getting at. Religious prejudice is too immature.

Ḥashshāshīn;4517038 said:
The conflict will lead to the GCC, Israel, US and even NATO joining if it gets out of hand.

No, I doubt that. Within a few hundreds miles, from ALL directions, the US has strong air presence and assets. From Afghanistan, to the Arabian sea, to the Gulf to the Iraqi side. If the US wanted to, I think swift and large air strikes similar to Libya decades ago will do the trick. I don't think any country wants to go to war. Those days are over. The next generation of warfare is to get in, eliminate the threat as much as possible, weaken the enemy to a point where it's no longer a threat and get out. The days of long conflicts with ground troop movement and capturing or invading other countries, etc are over. The next generation warfare is technology, technology and technology. Less assets, precision strikes, limited but strategic objectives and BAM, you are out. For Iran, if the weapons of mass destruction are removed, I don't think the US would even care to invade it, etc. In my opinion, that would be a waste of time. Just removal of the critical assets or nuke sites should be good enough

i'm saying if iran wasn't Islamic there would have been a retaliation , we could nuke mecca for example

I understand what you're getting it bro, I'm just saying that religious motivations can be right or wrong.

Do you mean F-14??

yes some typo.

for some reason at the time of war our F-14 were not allowed to operate outside iran
and this incident if I recall correctly was when two Iranian f-4 chasing away some Iraqi plane and then without warning they were attacked b some KSA plane.

yes some typo.

for some reason at the time of war our F-14 were not allowed to operate outside iran
and this incident if I recall correctly was when two Iranian f-4 chasing away some Iraqi plane and then without warning they were attacked b some KSA plane.

Not being in Iran, I don't know about this.

I don't think anybody will ever know what was going on on that day....There are no official Iranian account to rebuff. Nor did US made a statement. Only word from Iraq and Saudi Arabia...........

Just reporting what people are saying, that's all...

Though fighting with each other can't help them up. I would recommend that Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain should sign up an agreement to have a single military.

This can be helpful for them.

While in an ideal world this could happen, in the real world a statement shows your lack of understanding(I mean this with the utmost of respect )of the schisms and divides that rule or rather divide the arab world. There is so much rivalry and mistrust you cannot even begin to imagine. It saddens me to write this but dont you think it would have occured to the arabs in the 40s and50s or even 70s or 80s to do this and collaborate to establish an infrastructure to produce their own weapons and do research. This type of thinking in the arablands could lead you to prisons and torture because it makes you think why the arabs are divided, something that the powers that be dont want you to elaborate on. I am sorry for having digressed from the main topic.
Araz

yes some typo.

The Iranian F-4s crossed the Fahad line part of the East shield operation by the RSAF, the RSAF took it upon themselves to protect oil Tankers that are within the Fahad Line from what would later be called "The tanker war", the Saudi F-15Cs detected the 4 Iranian F-4s crossing the Fahad Line to bomb a tanker and went in to intercept, 2 Iranian F-4s were shot down while the other two made a run for it.

The Iranian F-4s crossed the Fahad line part of the East shield operation by the RSAF, the RSAF took it upon themselves to protect oil Tankers that are within the Fahad Line from what would later be called "The tanker war", the Saudi F-15Cs detected the 4 Iranian F-4s crossing the Fahad Line to bomb a tanker and went in to intercept, 2 Iranian F-4s were shot down while the other two made a run for it.

hope you understand that we used boats to attack those tankers as the only bombs at the time we had some hobo and some Iron bombs . also as you knew we didn't need to cross any line to attack the tanker that shipped Iraqi Oil , we simply could do the work when they entered into international water.

Iran really needs to ramp up its air force to be able to challenge RSAF's air dominance in the Islamic world.

why Iranian air force went in saudi Land it was a good action by our fate saudi Brothers, I happy and shoked too how Saudi Air force did it?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom