What's new

1980-Chinese fleet in the south pacific ocean

Reaction score
Country
China
These are documentry pictures from 1980, a time of honor and memory: On May the 18th, The Chinese Second Artillery Corps (SAC) succefully launched its domestically designed and built intercontinental ballistic missile into the south pacific ocean for the first time. Thus starting PLAN's biggest over sea mission to retrieve the ballistic missile...

-PLAN DDG-131
Various country's navy were also present, trying to gather information on the little known PLAN and SAC:

-DD-913 Pusan originally DD-673 (Korean navy)

-Soviet Union pacific fleet type 1135 frigate

Last edited:

-US intelligence ship

-PLAN rescue ship

-PLAN's first generation Satellite/missile tracking and communication relay ship: YuanWang-1

-PLAN's XiangYangHong-10 Satellite/missile tracking and communication realy ship

-PLAN Z-8 (or it might be the original SA 321 Super Frelon, I'm not sure)

-Australian destroyer DDG-11 vampire, with YuanWang-1 in second picture's background

-Another US destroyer

-US intelligence ship with YuanWang-1 in the background

-Soviet Union Intelligence ship

-Jap P2V—7 spy plane

-American EC-130 spy plane

There are way more PLAN ships involved in this mission than the ones I have here, there are a total of twenty PLAN ships in the south pacific at that time, making sure that the ICBM recovery process goes smooth.

Data were collected from FYJS, but it's organized and translated by me. If there's any mistake that I made or if you have any additional information, plz feel free to state them in a reply!:china::cheers:

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom