19 imported food items deemed 'Haram'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biplab Bijay

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
A government official presented on Monday a list of 19 imported items containing ‘Haram’ ingredients being sold in the country to a National Assembly committee.

Science and Technology Additional Secretary Muhammad Ejaz Mian brought forward the recommendation of the Pakistan Halal Authority, which regulates trade, imports and exports to prevent Haram products from being sold in the country.

The official upheld the ministry has no authority to prevent the sale of these items.

Here is a list of the 19 items termed ‘Haram’:

1) Three brands of Skittles (UK)

2) Bubblicious (UK)

3) Chupa Bubble (Holland)

4) Pascual Yogikids (Spain)

5) Knorr Chicken Soup (France)

6) Pasta Chicken Broccoli (USA)

7) Slima Soup (UK)

8) Picnic Chicken (USA)

9) Cup A Soup (UK)

10) Tulip Chicken (Denmark)

11) Jell-O (US)

12) Rice Chicken Broccoli (USA)

13) Pasta Creamy Chicken (US)

14) Heinz Dinner Chicken (England)

15) Pop Tarts (USA)

16) Two brands of Chicken Tonight (Holland)

The items have been termed ‘Haram’ as they contain wines, gelatin and E120 (animal-based food colour) ingredients. While other items that may contain chicken which allegedly has not been slaughtered as per Islamic regulations have added to this list because of their ‘doubtful’ ingredients. Some other items which could not be ascertained as Halal or Haram have also been placed on the list.

A draft of the bill seeking a mandate to prevent the sale of the food items has also been submitted to the cabinet and Council of Common Interests for approval. Once accepted, the items will not be sold in the country.

19 imported food items deemed ‘Haram’ – The Express Tribune

Last edited by a moderator:
An Indian is concerned about what Pakistanis eat. Only on PDF.
Yes. Same as a Pakistanis are concerned about a part of our people and their lives in India. But its not only in PdF but everywhere in Pakistan.

Knorr Chicken Soup Is haram ??? OMG i have it daily :o::o::o: so that means chicken cubes and chicken powder is also haram :confused::confused::mad:

so much restrictions.....no wonder life is boring there.

Still better then just eat Veges like in India... and if all these imported Stuff is Haram who say we don't make such stuff Chicken Soup Jell-o and pasta please give me a break all these can be eaten anywhere in the cities

Ingredients of Products are more important for these ch***s than people getting killed because of terrorism on daily basis, and not having basic necessities to survive.

what d you think these branded stuff is consumed by the those who are not having basic necessities to survive ??

for me the news is the government officials (responsibility of Food Department if I am not wrong) have work at least once in their lives ... bhai khai tu appreciate kar dooo...

what d you think these branded stuff is consumed by the those who are not having basic necessities to survive ??

for me the news is the government officials (responsibility of Food Department if I am not wrong) have work at least once in their lives ... bhai khai tu appreciate kar dooo...

Khan sahib - Does National Assembly Committee have no other thing to do that they are wasting time on these things? We are feeding officials of food department for reason, there are far worse contamination in so called "Halal Products" than this and you know it very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom