What's new

17 year old Afghan Refugee shot in Tracy, CA

Allegedly he was chasing someone with a knife.

Hopefully the teen doesn’t die, and cops start implementing less than lethal alternatives, especially in cases when the teen doesn’t have a gun.

Last edited:

Hopefully the teen doesn’t die, and cops start implementing less than lethal alternatives, especially in cases when the teen doesn’t have a gun.

Hmm..somebody running at you with a lethal knife refusing to drop it...alternative weapon to a gun that I could use to defend myself....ok how about a samurai sword.

Hmm..somebody running at you with a lethal knife refusing to drop it...alternative weapon to a gun that I could use to defend myself....ok how about a samurai sword.
Bean bag shotgun. Sure there are cases where someone charging you with a lethal weapon, when you are on foot, will make anyone want to take them down. But if the cops arrive in their vehicles, where you can stay protects until ready to respond. we need a better way to subdue crazies without these incidents.

Bean bag shotgun. Sure there are cases where someone charging you with a lethal weapon, when you are on foot, will make anyone want to take them down. But if the cops arrive in their vehicles, where you can stay protects until ready to respond. we need a better way to subdue crazies without these incidents.

Yeah, he used that knowing there were other guys around with guns and the suspect wasn't coming at him.

I'm sorry if I was with the police and some guy was running at me with a knife he is going to get shot. I'd rather worry about his family being out a loved one than mine over me being killed by some random idiot

Last edited:

Most likely it is a case of mental illness and cultural faux pas. The boy likely had some dispute, and he was chasing someone the way he might do in Afghanistan where there would have been some fisticuffs, may be some minor cut with a knife and it would be over. Transport it to U.S., and the results can be deadly. We see this with Somalian and Hmong immigrants too.

Tasers should have been used. Also the US police seem to be trained to kill and switch to kill mode instantly. Fear seems to takeover the policeman and he resorts to the tool he has which is a gun.

Seems like US is imploding and rather than look inwardly the US gov is spending money on huge wars outside. I asked a work colleague if he felt scared with all the mass shootings and murders happening around and he said he did but was resigned to there was nothing he could do other than find a safer state or country.

With 600K people going missing annually, thousands of daily murders resulting from domestic issues, honor killings, drug deals going wrong, gangland tiffs, police shootings, drug and drink causes , race hate etc and nothing being done to restrict guns and create an equitable society this carnage will continue until the country breaks or people revolt.

Yeah, he used that knowing there were other guys around with guns and the suspect wasn't coming at him.

I'm sorry if I was with the police and some guy was running at me with a knife he is going to get shot. I'd rather worry about his family being out a loved one than mine over me being killed by some random idiot
I agree with the sentiment, but
1. We don’t know the details so let’s wait till the investigation tells us the series of events.
2. The cops arrived in their squad cars. There should be a way, perhaps through the window, a shotgun can be fired from a mount. It’s not like he had a gun.

They are. If somebody comes at the police with a lethal weapon they are allowed to shoot them. This is pretty well known and if you decide to do that you know exactly what will happen.
Police in civilised countries try and take the least lethal way out.

Unfortunately it is ex-soldiers who mostly give the firearms training to the police. Yeh and the trainers say: best them dead than you, dead people can't talk, shoot to kill etc, that's good for a war zone but not for a community. If these cops have that sort of mentality then send them to Ukraine or another war zone, not on the streets of your own country.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom