What's new

17 Indian Army soldiers killed in Uri attack

@Spectre

I have already highlighted the lapses on our account. Blaming Pakistan gets you nothing. First and foremost one has to get their own act together.

The civil administration has failed to pacify the environment. This was, but to be expected. We all were expecting it. Please re-call, in case you have read my posts over the past few weeks, I had indicated a worsening of situation. It is not as if it was unexpected.

This was a vulnerable garrison, it got targeted. What are you expecting from present government?

The first and foremost thing that is going to happen is the specific group will be targeted. That is the main thing. Rest all is ancillary.

Army Commander has already told both PDP and BJP to get their act together.

There is your modi.

Two things

1. As i stated, I was expecting present govt to establish red lines and enforce them, They failed at enforcement part by not taking material action after Pathankot and as a result we face what happened today.

2. While Pakistan has acted on expected lines by exploiting our lapses it doesn't justify or absolve criticism directed towards it however I agree we gain nothing by just screaming murder at top our lungs. It is what we do or don't do next which will lend weight to our words.

I will totally disagree with you. I have often given one example of a retaliation. for Head taking on 02 Aug 2011, reciprocal retaliation was carried out on 30 Aug 2011 by 4 PARA. We never publicise these efforts and as a local commander, you can take action at sub-unit level.

The army commander northern command used to take a call on these strikes and they never made it to public domain. I have, on a number of times, clarified what is the Indian SOP.

It is wait and watch. It is against the specific group/launch pads that the strike will occur.

I have heard from sources that corp commanders have been defanged with Delhi micro managing almost everything after V.K. Singh era.

14370389_1794228747502374_5883840443910134809_n.jpg

14368747_1794188064173109_7442184613496573408_n.jpg

14358712_1794152614176654_1685730120273890120_n.jpg

14368903_1794055704186345_374526546442767524_n.jpg

14333148_1794031270855455_3524646362063339339_n.jpg
They have left out the infamous "no talks over the body of our soldiers" remarks but even still, clearly Modi and his party have been left exposed as the paper kittens we all hoped they would not end up Being.

Modi is clearly not alone here, every single part, government and PM since independence has been cut from the same spineless and self serving cloth.

nothing ....

Posted as received. JeM has been identified as the group involved so far.
Sop's are not followed??? This is not the first time.... Wonder why lessons are not learnt from failures....

I am sorry but it wont happen. because your current administration considers the leadership in power inside Pakistan as its asset. and that Asset uses the these elements for its political muscle.

My dear sir, a few weeks back when I said that over Kashmir, Baluchistan will be raised, the same thing was said at the time to me. Yet we saw it being raised. I have no doubts as to the veracity of Baluchi accession to Pakistan, indeed I said as much to @That Guy the other day when I was asking him about the planned fencing along border with Afghanistan. But in international politics, a non-issue can be made an issue.

Am merely pointing out my assessment here too. Maybe in a few weeks time we will re-visit it?

As for the bold part, the mere fact that PA controls the foreign policy aspect of relations with India is the reason why there is a concentrated effort to engage with the civil government. PA would be loathe to give up its stranglehold on the policy and thereby undermine its own import in the societal hierarchy of Pakistan.

It is in our interest to have a civil government rather PA calling the shots over negotiations. Since this is off topic, I am sure I need not elaborate further for you to be able to conclude as to what I allude to.

due to your blind hatred you have been dismissing and taunting the Pakistan army's fight against the terrorists...

Absolutely in correct. Neither do I have any blind hatred nor have I been taunting PA over their fight against terror. In fact, I have been a proponent of calibrating our responses to provocations by addressing specified targets as required and not ratcheting up the tensions as PA is doing what we may otherwise have to do, fight these groups.

Granted you have the habit of identifying 'good' and 'bad' groups, nevertheless, you are fighting some, if not all groups, and I cheer PA for that. So you are way off about me here.

but your beloved Nawa Sherif protects the terror camps in Murdkay and southern Punjab.. and wont let the rangers operation adn calls it attack on democracy.

Yet when we do it in our territory, you raise a hue and cry. Now I wonder why?

Hafizz Saeed like trolls openly live there at the expense paid by Sherif family and other sectarian terrorists that are accused of crossing LoC as well are also protected by Nawaz Sherif.

What stops you as PA from acting against Hafeez Saeed? Act against them ...

whenever there is a word of operation in Punjab... your friend calls Modi and Modi orders your forces to start firing alsong the working
boundary

What is working boundary? LC? We dont fire across LC. And Across Sambha-Kathua-Jammu, you fire, just to tag the IB there as "working boundary" an imaginary unilateral concept of yours.

I think we have veered way off topic here.

India will intensify efforts to isolate Pakistan internationally, says Arun Jaitley after Uri attack
India will intensify efforts to isolate Pakistan internationally, says Arun Jaitley after Uri attack

PTI | Updated: Sep 18, 2016, 09.31 PM IST
HIGHLIGHTS
  1. Uri terror attack is a highly condemnable act of cowardice. Salute to our soldiers who gave supreme sacrifice to protect the motherland: Jaitley
  2. Security forces will have to work on their strategy to deal with 'fidayeen attacks' by terrorists which have emerged as a "major challenge"
Uri terror attack. (TOI photo by Bilal Bahadur)
54394849.jpg

JALANDHAR: Asserting that those behind the attack on the Army base in Uri in Jammu & Kashmir will face the consequences, Union Minister Arun Jaitley on Sunday said India will intensify diplomatic efforts to isolate Pakistan internationally+ .

Holding Pakistan responsible for the attack+ , in which 17 armymen were killed+ and 19 injured, he said "since independence, Pakistan has not accepted Jammu & Kashmir as an integral part of India and this is the reason that terror attacks happen in the country with its support."

Jaitley described the terror strike as "a highly condemnable act of cowardice" and a "major challenge" for the forces.

"The perpetrators of the Uri terror attack will face consequences+ . Diplomatic efforts to isolate Pakistan internationally will be intensified," he said.

In a series of tweets on microblogging site, the Finance Minister said+ , "Perpetrators of Uri terror attack shall be punished. My thoughts & prayers are with families of our soldiers injured & martyred."

"Uri terror attack is a highly condemnable act of cowardice. Salute to our soldiers who gave supreme sacrifice to protect the motherland." he said in a tweet.

Earlier, he had said that security forces will have to work on their strategy to deal with 'fidayeen attacks' by terrorists which have emerged as a "major challenge".

"These are challenges to our security," the Finance Minister had said, condemningthe terrorist attack+ on a camp at Army's Brigade Headquarters in Uri town.

".. Pathankot and Uri (terror attacks) appear to indicate that these (fidayeen attacks) have restarted again. And I think this is a major challenge which I am sure our security forces will gear up to respond," Jaitley told reporters.

He said that in recent years there had been an increasing reliance "on activities like stone throwing agitations" which were instigated from across the border.

Heavily armed militants stormed a battalion headquarters of the Army in North Kashmir's Uri town in the wee hours today, killing 17 jawans and injuring 19 other personnel in the strike in which four ultras were neutralised.

In January, seven military personnel were killed when six terrorists attacked the Pathankot air base.

Uri terror attack is a highly condemnable act of cowardice. Salute to our soldiers who gave supreme sacrifice to protect the motherland.

— Arun Jaitley (@arunjaitley) September 18, 2016

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ley-after-Uri-attack/articleshow/54394810.cms

We dont care these stupid political statements.
We need direct results .

Sop's are not followed??? This is not the first time.... Wonder why lessons are not learnt from failures....

As an organisation, we love to re-learn.

The problem is ... laxity by Indians as habit.

You will get nothing ... these things are not planned at sena bhawan
Well I Try My Limit of being Civilian bureaucrat I Will Talk to My Boss he Is At top Level in Joint Intelligence committee Notion is We need Some action Its Very bad for are national moral :(

2. While Pakistan has acted on expected lines by exploiting our lapses it doesn't justify or absolve criticism directed towards it however I agree we gain nothing by just screaming murder at top our lungs. It is what we do or don't do next which will lend weight to our words.

Exactly. Blaming Pakistan solves nothing. We need to engage them. But at the same time, we need to work actively to address our own shortcomings.

Exactly. Blaming Pakistan solves nothing. We need to engage them. But at the same time, we need to work actively to address our own shortcomings.

"engage" Thanks for moment of levity on this grim day. Should have been a diplomat.

I have heard from sources that corp commanders have been defanged with Delhi micro managing almost everything after V.K. Singh era.

Incorrect. The problem is if you retaliate to a fire, you are grilled as to why and what thereof. And people today are loathe to do that.

Also, we need to calibrate our responses as at places where we may dominate, we can hit. But the adversary may hit at a place where his posts dominate. Hence, things needed co-ordination.

However, I am categorically telling you, we never have been told, nor were ever told, not to retaliate for effect. Everything is a hogwash.

The real reason is to co-ordinate action in order to be effective message.

Well I Try My Limit of being Civilian bureaucrat I Will Talk to My Boss he Is At top Level in Joint Intelligence committee Notion is We need Some action Its Very bad for are national moral :(

Can be anyone, you won't come to know a thing till after it happens.

R I P brave soldiers.. what a double standards by pak members here..

Get a life you shameless moron .
Did I already told you to not quote my post?
What kind of shameless jerk would do that?

Noone takes you seriously .

why are you still obsessed with him? move on

If you follow my recent posts the object of my criticism has been the current Indian Govt which has deceived me personally and countless others who voted for them with all it's false promises of better security and new approach to dealing with terrorism from within and beyond.

Instead all we have seen are useless dossiers, bear hugs with the leader of the offending country and the black day when the perps themselves where invited to investigate Pathankot attack in a futile and foolish hope of reciprocity which was
promptly rebuffed within a day of them going back to Pakistan.

If this means that you are seriously reviewing your wholly mistaken and misplaced political analysis, it is welcome, although the thought that it takes the deaths of 17 of our men to shake your faith is very troubling.

This was always the party of loud-mouthed and brazen posturing, with no idea whatsoever of what to do. When it postured like this earlier, they were forgiven by one and all, and by many supporters of their belligerence, on the grounds that they had no effective power, after all. They have all the power they need, but nothing will happen from their side, nothing will happen that would not have happened with or without them.

The best thing that they can do, in my frank opinion, the only thing that they are capable of doing, is to shut their mouths, give the armed forces wide authority to take its own steps, provided they keep the security committee informed at all times and in advance, and keep well out of posturing, or even saying anything in public. Rajnath Singh in particular. Bloody loser.

Back
Top Bottom