What's new

16 soldiers martyered and 40 injured in TTP/ISKP attack in Baluchistan

Very sad incident, and any life lost is a burden on this country.

On to the attack itself, the CCTV footage is just harrowing. This was just too easy. The CCTV does not have audio, and neither do I have any info, but did the sentry engage the terrorists? Or was he shot at first and killed?

I understand what you mean, but there are many places/cantts where MRAP's are stationed 24/7 and there are troops within them all the time.

But i agree, our meagre resources do not allow us to have that arrangement everywhere.

The Lt Col on the left of the picture with the SSG badge, is he deputed to the FC?

If so, does FC SOW also use this type of uniform?

If not, then does the new SSG uniform have multiple camos? There is one camo that the personal detail of the COAS wears, more like a digital camo, while this one is similar to FC camo. And then of course there is the older dark green one.

@PanzerKiel ?
That Lt Col was not deputed. SSG troops were called in to clear since it was a hostage situation. You can see the formation sign on his arm, which is not of FC but SSG.

The new SSG uniform has been approved for use. Ultimately it will be the only one. The older ones however may be used until a specific date to let everyone convert to the new one.

That Lt Col was not deputed. SSG troops were called in to clear since it was a hostage situation. You can see the formation sign on his arm, which is not of FC but SSG.

The new SSG uniform has been approved for use. Ultimately it will be the only one. The older ones however may be used until a specific date to let everyone convert to the new one.
Any loss from SSG ?

That is what I also thought, but see the following picture.

You are correct he has the SSG badge on his left arm, but the Lt Col has the FC badge on his left arm where usually you have the formation sign, and then the officer in the other red box (next to paa Ghafoor), presumably the IG FC, also is wearing the same uniform as the SSG Lt Col.

Or maybe he just wore whatever he got his hands on!

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 14 00-08-51.png
    Screenshot at May 14 00-08-51.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
Any loss from SSG ?
Couple of injured only.

That is what I also thought, but see the following picture.

You are correct he has the SSG badge on his left arm, but the Lt Col has the FC badge on his left arm where usually you have the formation sign, and then the officer in the other red box (next to paa Ghafoor), presumably the IG FC, also is wearing the same uniform as the SSG Lt Col.

Or maybe he just wore whatever he got his hands on!
Just to clear the confusion, can you post both the pictures together, so that we can clear it?

Rename Balochistan as corps commander house

I cannot believe where the nation has headed under Circus Clowns morons idiots and they're winning - unbelievable.

US/ISAF could not provide air cover 24-7 to their troops thus over 3600 KIA and over 30,000 WIA. Its an impossibility from funding, logistics and operational perspectives.

Referencing the US/ISAF example is a useful comparison because, as a foreign force, they were bound to leave Afghanistan at some point, whether by design or by default. The Pakistani army, with its questionable actions, is also likely to eventually exit Pakistan.

I appreciate you bringing up this example, as it adds depth to our discussion.

Total bull...why were they watching and not sending in armed drones in support.

You are probably associated to some corrupt senior officer and hence the blind support.

Why our jawaans keep dying? Why. Why. Why? So stop your bs please. These people are inept.
You need to think sometimes before posting and shooting from the hip.

This was a hostage rescue situation and not a clearance operation where you bring firepower from above to raze the buildings to the ground with the occupants inside.

Your personal attacks on myself and other members betray something which I'd rather not mention. However if you keep up the personal attacks, I will personally make sure you lose your "privilege to contribute" on this forum. I have warned you a few times already.

Learn to critique issues on hand without getting personal. I have no issue with people critiquing without turning the guns on each other here.

Take note, you have been warned for the last time and I don't care for your grandstanding here.

Your personal attacks on myself and other members betray something which I'd rather not mention. However if you keep up the personal attacks, I will personally make sure you lose your "privilege to contribute" on this forum. I have warned you a few times already.

Hi Blain, he kinda has a point. This army is highly incompetent and ill trained. I’m a soldier too and I’ve watched video of them getting ambushed so it’s easily to believe these attacks are inflicting large casualty rates on the army.

We all want them to not lose so many men but it’s hard to believe they are doing anything to fix or update their tactics. Im starting to believe the higher ups just want to make money and let the lowly soldiers die off without losing much sleep.

The massive attack in February 2022 which killed i don't know how many soldiers was shocking. It seems there is an ethnic angle to this. Scores of Pasthun and Balouchis levies are being killed without much help going their way. What would you call that? Is it by design? We’re all asking the same questions as to the sheer incompetency of this rent an army and they’re obviously disregard for the lowly foot soldiers.

any picture of new SSG uniform?

Back
Top Bottom