What's new

16 Rohingya Muslims Killed in Rakhine State, Burma

ShahidT

Reaction score
Myanmar: 16 Rohingya Muslims Killed in Rakhine State

rohingya-muslim-women-look-out-their-home-aung-mingalar-quarter-sittwe.jpg

Rohingya Muslim women look out from their home at Aung Mingalar quarter in Sittwe

Buddhist authorities have allegedly opened fire on Rohingya Muslims in the Myanmar village of Du Char Yar Tan (Duchidaran), killing at least 16 people, including women and children, according to rights groups and a villager.

More than 100 people were also missing after Rakhine state police officials raided the village and loaded the remaining Rohingyas on tracks.

The incident took place on the night of 14 January when Rakhine authorities entered Du Char Yar Tan and started shooting people directly.

Tun Khin, human rights activist and president of the Burmese Rohingya Organisation in the UK, said Burmese officials were trying to cover-up a recent discovery of a mass grave.

"The villagers were shocked because a worker had found the bodies of eight Rohingyas in a dump," he told
IBTimes UK. "They took one corpse in the village and went to the police outpost to discuss the matter with authorities."

Khin alleges that security forces then raided the village "to hide this crime" - with reference to the killing of the eight Rohingyas.

According to other rights groups, a Rohingya girl was raped in the rampage that followed.
The activist blames authorities for a "systematic pattern of violence" affecting Rohingyas in the Rakhine state.

"This is the policy they are implementing. They want to clear up Myanmar from Rohingyas. From the end of October to the 1st of January 2014, more than 18,000 Muslims have left the country. They want to drive people out of the country," he said.

The violence was confirmed by Chris Lewa of the Arakan Project, which has been documenting abuses against members of the Rohinyga Muslim minority for more than a decade.

Buddhist authorities of the Rakhine state have often been accused of crimes against the Muslim minority.
Rakhine state spokesman Win Myaing denied any deaths had occurred.

The
Rohingya have never been granted citizenship in Myanmar and a 1982 law excluded them from the list of officially recognised minorities.

Sectarian tension between Rakhine state's 800,000 Rohingya and their Arakanese Buddhist neighbours exploded in June 2012 after allegations that a gang of Rohingya men had raped an Arakanese woman. The Muslims were lynched in response, sparking days of rioting.

Human Rights Watch has described the events in Myanmar as ethnic cleansing, and the United Nations has called for its government to provide Rohingya citizenship in the country.

At least 240 people have been killed and
more than 140,000 left homeless, if not displaced in prison-like camps.

Read more: Group: Burma Mob Kills More Than a Dozen Muslims | TIME.com

The situation in Myanmar is similar to that of India

can't trust the local population, but you can trust the government and security service's even less

until the people of Burma have heavy consequences they will continue to persecute the rohinga

RIP to the innocents, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in popular media news organizations. All I see is anti Palestinian material and other world events.

This bullshit is all coming from a catholic news agency and a conservative web page known as WND that's American. Do you want me to show you the absurd things they publish? It's typical of people like you to get us verified information through anti-Muslim sources.
Oh yeah right! There are plenty of videos/reports that explain the plight of Muslim Alawites. If Muslims are treated like that then it is no mystery for one to figure out the plight of Christians there. Western media deliberately hides this from the rest of the world to save their face while supporting these barbaric "rebels".

12 killed in attacks against church in southern Syria - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Oh yeah right! There are plenty of videos/reports that explain the plight of Muslim Alawites. If Muslims are treated like that then it is no mystery for one to figure out the plight of Christians there. Western media deliberately hides this from the rest of the world to save their face while supporting these barbaric "rebels".

12 killed in attacks against church in southern Syria - Xinhua | English.news.cn

None of your reports mention credible sources besides reports from lunatic websites. It's because they aren't true. You make it sounds as if Syrian Christians are being massacre you idiot they mostly are in Damascus and are only minority living life normally just three days ago I saw interviews and footage of Christian towns in Syria.

None of your reports mention credible sources besides reports from lunatic websites. It's because they aren't true. You make it sounds as if Syrian Christians are being massacre you idiot they mostly are in Damascus and are only minority living life normally just three days ago I saw interviews and footage of Christian towns in Syria.
Stop behaving like a hypocrite asshole and stay away from Eastern half of Asia where you have no understanding of culture and conditions. Not a single one of us come to your sections and complain about persecution of non-Muslims there. I expect you to do the same. All you people do is come in mass numbers and destroy entire places at once. See Afghanistan for an example. It will never recover in my lifetime, You take care of your own matters and we take care of ours. I think you have better things to do especially getting your own divided population together against occupiers than acting as the savior of all Muslims in the world. For your information, Chinese are persecuted there as much as Muslims. It is rather an ethnic issue than a religious issue. Last thing we want in our part of world is some bunch bearded retards running around blowing up.

Last edited:
Stop behaving like a hypocrite asshole and stay away from Eastern half of Asia where you have no understanding of culture and conditions. Not a single one of us come to your sections and complain about persecution of non-Muslims there. I expect you to do the same. All you people do is come in mass numbers and destroy entire places at once. See Afghanistan for an example. It will never recover in my lifetime, You take care of your own matters and we take care of ours. I think you have better things to do especially getting your own divided population together against occupiers than acting as the savior of all Muslims in the world. For your information, Chinese are persecuted there as much as Muslims. It is rather an ethnic issue than a religious issue. Last thing we want in our part of world is some bunch bearded retards running around blowing up.

You're a conspiracy nut crusader, I'm not wasting my time with someone like you who derails thread because his hatred against Muslims. Have fun wasting your life with your very fascinating way of thinking.

You're a conspiracy nut crusader, I'm not wasting my time with someone like you who derails thread because his hatred against Muslims. Have fun wasting your life with your very fascinating way of thinking.
I don't have any hatred against Muslims.You know nothing going on here. All you see is the word "Muslims" in headlines and go ballistic against non-Muslims.As I said we don't meddle with Arab world or your conflicts so it's healthier for both of us that you do the same.

I don't have any hatred against Muslims.You know nothing going on here. All you see is the word "Muslims" in headlines and go ballistic against non-Muslims.As I said we don't meddle with Arab world or your conflicts so it's healthier for both of us that you do the same.

I didn't know posting on a online message board equates to meddling in ones affairs. Which according to you, you also have meddled in middle eastern affairs. I don't side with many Muslims, I look at things from both perspectives and have condemned Muslims for things in the past on this forum.

it is not unreported, those are FSA terrorist backed by western countries who are killing Christians, these ppl are created by west and miss guided them for own agenda, just like Al-Qaeda has been created. Ever heard of these group talking about Palestine ? never because they all are in same side. They are just playing with peoples' sentiment.

it is not unreported, those are FSA terrorist backed by western countries who are killing Christians, these ppl are created by west and miss guided them for own agenda, just like Al-Qaeda has been created. Ever heard of these group talking about Palestine ? never because they all are in same side. They are just playing with peoples' sentiment.
True but you are not naming the biggest contributor and initiator ? Ah! You are a Bangladeshi Muslim that explains a lot.

True but you are not naming the biggest contributor and initiator ? Ah! You are a Bangladeshi Muslim that explains a lot.
do not comment on me when you do not know anything about me. Ask Saudis here, they do not like me much because my truth hurt them. I tell you 9 countries who are responsible for this chaos for power .
1. America
2. England
3.French
4. Saudi Arabia
5. UAE
6. Jordan
7. Kuwait
8. Qatar
9. Israel

kick these ******* world will be in peace

do not comment on me when you do not know anything about me. Ask Saudis here, they do not like me much because my truth hurt them. I tell you 9 countries who are responsible for this chaos for power .
1. America
2. England
3.French
4. Saudi Arabia
5. UAE
6. Jordan
7. Kuwait
8. Qatar
9. Israel

kick these ******* world will be in peace
You forgot to mention Iran !!!!

Country Latest Posts