What's new

14-yr-old Hannan Binth Hashim ready to prove Einstein wrong !

beckham

Reaction score
14-yr-old Indian girl ready to prove Einstein wrong !

6e4ad21807722f2289a5aad25c947986.jpg

New Delhi: Can super scientist Albert Einstein be proved wrong? Ask anyone, his reply will be a straight no. But here is someone who is hell-bent on proving Einstein wrong.

She is 14-year-old astrophysicist from Kozhikode. Her name is Hannan Binth Hashim and she is claiming to prove Albert Einstein wrong.

Hashim is a student of X standard. She is all set to deliver her lecture on astrophysics at Universities of Boston, Chicago, Texas, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Hashim will also deliver lectures at 17 other institutes across the world.

An aspiring astrophysicist, Hashim is a mathematical researcher. She has prepared a research paper titled ‘Absolute Theory of Zero'.

The research questions the accuracy of many existing theories like Albert Einstein's ‘Theory of relativity' and the ‘Big Bang Theory'.

Dr Soumya Vasudevan, a Hind Rattan award winner is Hashim's mentor. Her work will most probably be published in ‘American Journal of Theoretical Physics' soon as the work is under consideration of the esteemed Journal.

Hashim said that Absolute Theory of Zero is a new mathematical system that explained the established theories in a different light. Through the theory she has explained that the speed of light is not constant always.

Former President A P J Abdul Kalam, scientists at IISc and IIMSc have appreciated the works by Hannan Binth Hashim. Her works have also brought laurels to her from many leading research institutes around the world, including NASA.

She recently participated in the NASA space camp where a model rocket designed by her was launched.

She is likely to meet US President Barack Obama during her trip to US for participating in the Siemens Westinghouse Science and Technology competition for high school students in October 2009.

http://www.samaylive.com/news/hannan-binth-hashim-ready-to-prove-einstein-wrong/656539.html

Last edited:
Hannan Binth Hashim – Pride of India

Hannan Binth Hashim, a tenth standard girl in Kozhikode, Kerala has questioned the accuracy of Einstein’s theories. Just a 14 year old girl has made a theory which can prove many existing theories as wrong. According to her Universe is a constantly changing matter.

Her ‘Absolute Theory of Zero ’states that the speed of light is not a constant while theories like ‘Big Bang theory’ , ‘Theory of Relativity’ are developed based on the concept of constant light speed. That makes a challenge to the existing theories developed by Einstein. “Discovering the hidden concepts of universe does not lie only in new scientific theories but also in the unexplained corners of old theories” Hannan stongly believes. The young Astrophysics aspirant is all set to deliver her speech at Universities of Boston, Texas, Chicago, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and 17 other universities across the world. Hannan was guided Dr Soumya Vasudevan, a Hind Rattan award winner. According to Hannan Binth Hashim ‘Absolute Theory of Zero’ is a new mathematical concept that explains the existing theories in a different light speed.

Former President A P J Abdul Kalam, NASA, many scientists of IISc, IIMSc and many research institutes in the world has appreciated this young talent. She has participated in the NASA space camp held in August and her model rocket was launched there. Hannan will meet Mr. President of US this October in the Siemens Westinghouse Science and Technology competition for high school students.

14-yr-old girl going places with astrophysics

COIMBATORE: Astrophysics and 14-year-olds may seem like a ‘paradox’, but the future and present will co-exist when Hannan Binth Hashim delivers her lecture on astrophysics at Universities of Boston, Chicago, Texas, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and 17 others across the world. Hannan’s six-monthlong cruise will begin this July.
A resident of Kozhikode and a class X student, Hanaan is an aspiring astrophysicist and mathematical researcher. Through her research titled ‘Absolute Theory of Zero’ she is questioning the accuracy of many existing theories like Albert Einstein’s ‘Theory of relativity’ and the Big Bang Theory.
With a mentor in Dr Soumya Vasudevan, a Hind Rattan award winner, Hanaan’s works are being considered for publishing in ‘American Journal of Theoretical Physics’.
“Absolute Theory of Zero is a new mathematical system which explains the established theories in a different light. Through the theory I’m trying to explain that the speed of light is not constant always,” she explains.
“Discovering the hidden concepts of universe does not lie only in new scientific theories but also in the unexplained corners of old theories.” Hanaan developed a keen interest in astrophysics while studying in eighth standard. According to her mother Ayesha, she used to read the books of her elder sister, who was in twelfth then.
She is a regular visitor to the observatories at Kozhikode and Bangalore, where she does her research.
Her works have been appreciated by former President A P J Abdul Kalam, scientists at IISc, IIMSc and many leading research institutes around the world including NASA.
Hanaan believes that the conditions in Venus are conducive to sustain life.“Scientists should overcome the atmospheric challenges of Venus and should be willing to probe more. Like Mars, which we believe can sustain life, Venus too is a promising planet,” she said and added that the scientific community should accept that the universe is constantly changing.
“My question is why are theories replacing theories. Einstein was right during his time. Today I might prove him wrong and tomorrow someone else will prove me wrong.” Hanaan participated in the NASA space camp which was held last month and said that she was thrilled when a model rocket designed by her was launched.
She is gearing up for Siemens Westinghouse Science and Technology competition for high school students in October this year in the US where she is likely to meet US President Barack Obama. “I’m already in touch with President Obama and am looking forward to meeting him. He has always been a source of inspiration for me.
ISRO chairman Madhavan Nair is also a huge support and inspiration,” she said and added that Indian students have huge potential and wants the scientific community in India to set up more institutions to hone the skills of the young talent pool.

Hashim said that Absolute Theory of Zero is a new mathematical system that explained the established theories in a different light. Through the theory she has explained that the speed of light is not constant always.

Didn't Einstein claim the same thing? I'd like to read up on her paper.

Why do these people damage the reputation of a girl with titles like the one about Einstein? For all I understand the theory, if meaningful, will change the way we look at all laws not just Einsteins. If it is not a popular science news then don't publish it in a tabloid, wait till her theory is accepted and then make her popular. Damn newspapers!!

I also take note of the trend o using Abdul Kalam's name in every such article as an endorsement of the theory or achievement. THe man is just an inspiration for everyone, he constantly encourages kids. THat does not mean he is an authority on every subject to judge the kid's worth.

Don't know about proving Einstein wrong, it always make the news catchy though, but for a girl of her age these are some achievements. Way to go girl. .

Hannan Binth Hashim

a305ba9f21a02a4b51d22d5ed80c27d0.jpg

Hannan Binth Hashim the 14 year old class X girl from Kozhikode will deliver her lecture on astrophysics at Universities of Boston, Chicago, Texas, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and 17 others across the world. Hannan Binth Hashim is an aspiring astrophysicist and mathematical researcher. In her research titled ‘Absolute Theory of Zero’ she questioned the accuracy of many existing theories like Albert Einstein’s ‘Theory of relativity’ and the Big Bang Theory.
Hannan Binth Hashim has Dr Soumya Vasudevan, a Hind Rattan award winner as her mentor and her works are being considered for publishing in ‘American Journal of Theoretical Physics’.
According to Hannan Binth Hashim “Absolute Theory of Zero is a new mathematical system which explains the established theories in a different light. Through the theory she has explained that the speed of light is not constant always.
Hannan Binth Hashim’s works have been appreciated by former President A P J Abdul Kalam, scientists at IISc, IIMSc and many leading research institutes around the world including NASA.
Hanaan participated in the NASA space camp held in August and a model rocket designed by her was launched. She will be participating in the Siemens Westinghouse Science and Technology competition for high school students in October this year in the US where she is likely to meet US President Barack Obama.

Why do these people damage the reputation of a girl with titles like the one about Einstein? For all I understand the theory, if meaningful, will change the way we look at all laws not just Einsteins. If it is not a popular science news then don't publish it in a tabloid, wait till her theory is accepted and then make her popular. Damn newspapers!!

I also take note of the trend o using Abdul Kalam's name in every such article as an endorsement of the theory or achievement. THe man is just an inspiration for everyone, he constantly encourages kids. THat does not mean he is an authority on every subject to judge the kid's worth.

Very true.
The simple reason being it sells. You bring in Einstein, people knowing nothing about physics will have a glance. Try to understand special theory of relativity, people not from a good science background won't get a clue, leave alone general theory, even most people studying physics don't get a sh*t about it.

Now for a reporter without having any knowledge of physics, Einstein is a brand name just like kalam,SRK, Sachin so on and so forth. So he is using it to his benefit and really who beats Indian papers in writing catchy headlines. They are on the top of the world on that.:victory:

Didn't Einstein claim the same thing? I'd like to read up on her paper.

Einstein's relativity is based on the assumption that the speed of light is constant in vacuum and no information can travel faster that that speed.

Why do these people damage the reputation of a girl with titles like the one about Einstein?

Yes, it is unfortunate that they are sensationalizing it. The girl is clearly very bright, maybe even a genius, but to set her up like that is unfair to her.

Anyway, very impressive and good luck to her.

Last edited:
[video=google;8242243689164201392]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8242243689164201392[/video]

Check out this documentary from 16:40, it explains Einstein's theories on speed of light.

I really want to see if she can pull off a Nobel prize, but too early to tell something so am not making any stupid assumption right now. For the age of 14, what she've achieved so far is extraordinary. All i can tell her now is good luck.

you go girl.:tup:

waTs the Use 0f p0sting tis tHread 0n tis site??? I thInk 0nCe aGain IndIans r tRyin 2 sh0w dat they r beSt in the w0rld. Big Heads

:disagree:

WOW!!!, How low you can go? She is kid, what does Indians Vs. Pakistanies has to do with it? We should be proud that some one from this sub-continent has this potintial. I would of said the same thing if she was from Pakistan.

Hi guys,

With all due respect to Ms. Hannan Binth Hashim, I have serious apprehensions about these news reports. I found several anomalies in the article like- there s no journal called 'American Journal of Theoretical Physics' & there s no institution in India called IIMSc (may be IMSc, Chennai) and then I bumped into this blog-

This is the latest hot story in the internet - Hannan Binth Hashim, the wondergirl! The whole episode is really so amusing that I just can't believe it and I am going to question the credibility of this story. So if this is indeed true, I owe a big apology to her. It could be also possible that it is partly true and it was exaggerated by some of the bloggers and news papers.

I read it first in the Malayalam daily, 'Mathrubhumi', which is one of the most respected news papers, known for sticking to journalism ethics and all those funky words which one can use when describing a reputed news paper. So when you read any news from such a source you don't have to doubt the credibility of the news; you read it and you take it all, is not? On the first read, I was all praise for the young talent. Questioning Einstein!!?? Doubt the Bing bang theory!! All at the age of 15!!!!! And here is me. I remembered that the video lectures about Special Relativiy theory from a Stanford University professor I downloaded from youtube is still sitting in my laptop. I have not even watched the first 5 minutes of that entire lecture series. Right click -> Properties : 'date created' and 'last accessed' are the same ;-) some six months back! I am the one who couldn't go past the second chapter of 'Brief history of time'. And this 15 year old girl.. My my!! And she is a fellow Indian!! I got goose bumps!! Motivated, I got back to my work, testing my code. Bloody hell!! The processor is still not willing to yield. I spent an hour on the bloody board still with no result. I am not good.. I felt like giving up. Motivation! that is what I need. Hmm, I know an easy source of motivation now, don't I? I opened 'Mathrubhumi' website and started reading the article about Hannan again.

What?? Hold on!! She designed a rocket? And NASA launched it?? Was it not there when I read it last time? Or did I not see it because of the excitement? Now that is unreal! She was supposed to be researching in theoretical physics and astro-physics. What has it got to do with designing space crafts? I read the article again. She graduated from NASA! Well, she is holding the graduate certificate as well. I zoomed in the pic, it says 'Space school graduate'. Googled it; couldn't find anything. The article quotes her mother saying that it tool 13 days of exams and experiments and papers at NASA's space school in Houston to achieve that. Okay, so NASA's space school in Houston' then, googled again. Wow, NASA do have a space school in Houston. I opened the first link:

Space Center Houston

The space centre is the official visitor's centre of NASA's Johnson Space Centre in Houston.

ARES - Astromaterials Research Office

So do they have a school where they award graduate degrees? Aha! they do indeed! I read on..

Space Center Houston

Well well! it doesn't look like a real graduate degree! The space centre is really like an exhibition centre. School students can join for a five day course for a fee, where in they do different team activities - designing rockets etc (nothing too technical as depicted in the numerous Hannan related blogs and articles). And at the end of the school which is after the pre-mentioned five days, they award a certificate of graduation. It is this certificate which the girl (Hannan or who ever really that is) in the picture is holding! I am not certainly getting much motivation here!

I googled for all Hannan related articles. All those come up were from Indian bloggers or some Indian news sites. Some says she has papers presented in MIT, University of Boston etc. Mathrubhumi says she is going to join MIT as a student. So from tenth standard to a graduation in MIT then? I searched the websites of all these universities and NASA where she supposedly has presented papers on Astrophysics. Couldn't find anything about her. Searched in the Siemens Westinhouse Science and Technology Competition site where she is supposed to compete with other students. Couldn't find her details at all. Why am I not surprised now? One last try - searched for Dr. Soumya Vasudevan who is a Hind Rattan winner - Hannan's mentor as described in the article. Wikipedia doesn't list that name among the Hind rattan winners, but that is not really an exhaustive list. So I searched again. Initially when I posted this article the first time, I didn't find any details about her. After some googling I got the details of Dr.Sowmya Viswanathan (note the difference in name), who is a Hind Rattan award winner, but she is a medical practitioner. I also noticed that the 'American Journal of Theoretical Physics' where Hannan's papers are going to get published, never existed.

Hmmm.. I think I will call it a day and test my code tomorrow.
By evening Mathrubhumi has published another news about educational minister calling to congratulate Hannan! What?? Well, I don't know. I am all the more bemused! What is it? A true story or a hoax?

Back
Top Bottom