What's new

12 Maoists killed in Jharkhand in Cobra-Police operation.

Assault Rifle

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Jharkhand: Forces gun down 12 suspected Maoists after fierce encounter

In Jharkhand's Palamu, security forces gun down twelve suspected Maoists after fierce encounter
  • Vishal Sharma, Hindustan Times, Daltonganj
    |
  • Updated: Jun 09, 2015 09:39 IST
15731327-0985-4bb4-8862-555109813524wallpaper1.jpg

12 Maoist rebels were gunned down by security forces in Jharkhand's Palamu. (HT Photo)
  • Share3
Security forces gunned down twelve suspected CPI (Maoist) rebels in a major strike in Jharkhand's Palamu district on Monday night.

Security forces have managed to retrieve the bodies as well as arms and ammunition after the gunfight that is being considered as a major breakthrough in the ongoing anti-Maoist operation in the tribal-dominated state. After such encounters in hinterlands, Maoists have in the past run away with the bodies of their comrades on many occasions.

Monday's encounter that lasted two hours took place near Bakoria village, about 140km from state capital Ranchi, after the security forces -- armed with a tip-off on Maoist movements -- challenged a rebel squad around midnight.

The rebels retaliated and opened fire on the forces comprising assault groups from commandos of the Combat Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) and the state police.

Soon after the encounter began, Palamu zone inspector general A Natrajan and Palamu police superintendent Mayur Patel rushed to the spot with reinforcement.

"When the encounter ended at 2am (on Tuesday), we found 12 bodies of the ultras during a search operation," Natrajan told HT.

"Eight arms and 200 rounds of ammunition besides other items were recovered from the spot," Natrajan added.

Monday's encounter is the first major conflict between the forces and Maoists after the Dumka attack on April 20, 2014, when rebels had ambushed a police vehicle and killed six policemen.

A fresh combing operation has been launched in the area. Senior police and CRPF officials were camping at the site which is very close to National Highway 75 that connects Ranchi with Uttar Pradesh.

All 24 districts in Jharkhand are Maoist-affected. However, over the last couple of years, Maoists have been on the back foot in the state. The rise of several splinter groups -- there are altogether 17 such groups and few of them are allegedly working hand in hand with forces -- has delivered a major blow to Maoists.

In the last three years, forces have captured or killed more than 50 armed Maoist cadres and leaders. Left wing violence has claimed more than 1,200 lives in the state since 2000.

Gunned down after "fierce encounter", still "suspected". :hitwall:

Innocents don't shoot back!
Oic......Same was said when Andra police Killed so called suspected Sandalwood Smugglers........

jail the cops if they have killed innocents.

But an encounter cant last 2 hours if those killed were innocents.
Ok ok I agree..............but the news doesn't mention even small injury on cops side..............And i will not comment further on this issue

Oic......Same was said when Andra police Killed so called suspected Sandalwood Smugglers........

Ok ok I agree..............but the news doesn't mention even small injury on cops side..............And i will not comment further on this issue

jail the cops if they have killed innocents.

But an encounter cant last 2 hours if those killed were innocents.

Not to forget no innocent wanders around forested regions in the middle of the night!

And if they have killed innocents...................
They Not Suspected its obvious Sympathy will be shown to these Rats my Leftist Section of the Media As they are the Product of Same Factory(JNU) where they belong :coffee:

I heard in morning news that the encounter was on some kind of tip off to police.
Recently there has been a change in strategy as far as these operations are concerned and while there has been a collateral damage and casualties on the side of security agencies, the operations seem to be success.
Now government must buildup on this and try to win faith of local population and strive for economic development of these far flung areas, which is the only long term solution against the naxal menace.

Come to Chattisgarh some day. Will arrange your meeting with these innocents...
Thanks..........I have been to Chattisgarh......................and if i have to meet them, i don't need your help dear.......

Back
Top Bottom