What's new

12 farmers arrested in Pabna for defaulting loans

Yes BD needs to develop our local talent pool. But why has this suddenly become a political tool - where was BD talent all these decades?

Golden gate bridge was completed in 1937. BD was born in 1971 and India existed for centuries before that - why pin this on today's govt other than for pure whataboutery?

And let's be honest - political shills on this forum aren't asking for talent development or localised contracting. If contracts are given locally, people cry nepotism. If it goes outside they cry for local talent. Can you understand that whoever is not benefitting financially will cry foul?

@EasyNow BD has no local talent pool.

How can it when none of its universities rank anywhere.

Just checkout the bridges constructed under Ershad to see the local “talent pool”!

These buggers are just frustrated like Brexit idiots!

Our tiny British Sylheti diaspora has published more original research than the entire BD put together - in the last five years.

If you do not believe me just check out the number of Phd candidates in British universities. Three, this year, from my family alone!

Yes BD needs to develop our local talent pool. But why has this suddenly become a political tool - where was BD talent all these decades?

Golden gate bridge was completed in 1937. BD was born in 1971 and India existed for centuries before that - why pin this on today's govt other than for pure whataboutery?

And let's be honest - political shills on this forum aren't asking for talent development or localised contracting. If contracts are given locally, people cry nepotism. If it goes outside they cry for local talent. Can you understand that whoever is not benefitting financially will cry foul?
It is interesting that you say " India existed for centuries before that " , no Bangladeshi posts like that and I have been on this forum for 13 years.
In politics one should always hold a politician's foot to the fire regardless of political orientation, not worship it. They are narcissists, some are megalomaniacs, and one or two of those rises enough to be psychopaths.
You entrust them with power, power that controls your life. We do not want anyone to run with that power to return to the "BAKSAL" days, you would agree to that.

I as an expatriate have nothing to gain from either BAL and BNP position in power. I am on this forum to discuss Bangladesh economy, internal politics, and geopolitical stakes.

I recall idune on this forum constantly claiming BAL as Indian "stooge", and MBI Munshi criticizing BAL(I think).

Some of the posters are intentionally trying to cause division among the rest of the posters as most of us senior members have noticed. I don't want to see Bangladeshi petty politics in this forum so we can stay objective.

And yes I do think we have the talent in Bangladesh to start new infra projects that some other nation built 100 years ago. We can always hire foreign design and management consultant to help out. It is time we start at least one project as domestic initiative.

rest of the posters as most of us senior members

Who talks like that?

Who builds a hierarchy like that on a discussion forum?

Only a Madrasa educated person talks like that!

How did you figure that you are a “senior member”?

And those who debunk your nonsense are “junior”?

Haven’t heard this kind of nonsense, EVER!

Self entitled pleb!

@UKBengali
@EasyNow

@EasyNow BD has no local talent pool.

How can it when none of its universities rank anywhere.

Just checkout the bridges constructed under Ershad to see the local “talent pool”!

These buggers are just frustrated like Brexit idiots!

Our tiny British Sylheti diaspora has published more original research than the entire BD put together - in the last five years.

If you do not believe me just check out the number of Phd candidates in British universities. Three, this year, from my family alone!

Yes that's quite apparent from the 'talent' visible on PDF.

Let alone ershads bridges - there is almost nothing to show for 40 years of history.
It is interesting that you say " India existed for centuries before that " , no Bangladeshi posts like that and I have been on this forum for 13 years.
In politics one should always hold a politician's foot to the fire regardless of political orientation, not worship it. They are narcissists, some are megalomaniacs, and one or two of those rises enough to be psychopaths.
You entrust them with power, power that controls your life. We do not want anyone to run with that power to return to the "BAKSAL" days, you would agree to that.

I as an expatriate have nothing to gain from either BAL and BNP position in power. I am on this forum to discuss Bangladesh economy, internal politics, and geopolitical stakes.

I recall idune on this forum constantly claiming BAL as Indian "stooge", and MBI Munshi criticizing BAL(I think).

Some of the posters are intentionally trying to cause division among the rest of the posters as most of us senior members have noticed. I don't want to see Bangladeshi petty politics in this forum so we can stay objective.

And yes I do think we have the talent in Bangladesh to start new infra projects that some other nation built 100 years ago. We can always hire foreign design and management consultant to help out. It is time we start at least one project as domestic initiative.

Here we go - you're going to give me a Bangladeshi certificate are you?

There are people claiming they know 'powerful people' in govt who told them the secrets - but it fits your narrative so you don't question that. I give you facts and you question my identity?

I've been on the forum nearly 10 years too - why don't you think about what that means. Maybe you don't know Bangladeshis as well as you think u do.

So like it or not you can't question every persons nationality because they're not like you.

You can say some posters are causing divisions and you're free to counter them or ignore them. Some posters are also posting blatant disinformation, lies and anti-state propaganda - and its my right to counter them and I do it with facts - why do you get personal?

Now to the point, saying we can build stuff others built 100 years ago is such a pointless thing to say. No 1, the 100 year old architecture is now obsolete - so you need to be able to build stuff fit for the future.

2nd, If that's true why didn't we build anything in 100 years? Why does any of South Asia need outside expertise?

This proves my point exactly. The typical tropes of Bangladeshi student politics never seem to change. They said the same rubbish 13 years ago and some new imbeciles use the same lines today.

In the meantime BD has gone through the roof.

Don't you think it's time you changed your way of thinking and discourse?

Yes that's quite apparent from the 'talent' visible on PDF.

Let alone ershads bridges - there is almost nothing to show for 40 years of history.

Here we go - you're going to give me a Bangladeshi certificate are you

Ouch!!

These idiots are angry because Hasina has engaged first rate engineers from China, Japan and Korea instead of BUET certified nincompoops!!!

They want a piece of the pie 🥧

But they don’t merit it!

The bridges built by our great BUET engineers in the 90s and 2000s are utter crap! Frequently break and needs constant repair!!!

All they are now left with is identity politics!!!

Constantly questioning your identity instead of engaging in debates with internationally recognised facts like our dollar reserves and export and import numbers!

This is what 50 years of Madrasa education does for you!!!

Who talks like that?

Who builds a hierarchy like that on a discussion forum?

Only a Madrasa educated person talks like that!

How did you figure that you are a “senior member”?

And those who debunk your nonsense are “junior”?

Haven’t heard this kind of nonsense, EVER!

Self entitled pleb!

@UKBengali
@EasyNow

This dude is totally clueless and talks like he knows everything.

In fact he has less to add than the useless BD based trolls as at least they can report what is happening on the ground in BD, even though they put their bias perspective in their anecdotes.

Absolute zero contributor to the forum and a waste of bandwidth.

This dude is totally clueless and talks like he knows everything.

In fact he has less to add than the useless BD based trolls as at least they can report what is happening on the ground in BD, even though they put their bias perspective in their anecdotes.

Absolute zero contributor to the forum and a waste of bandwidth.

This guy fancies himself as a “senior” but brings nothing original or insight!

Constantly cries about property rights 😂😂

My guess is that he acquired some dodgy land - which has now been confiscated by some BAL thug!

A case of a thief stealing from another thief!

No sympathy from me!!

If you are settled in the west - don’t buy land in BD!

Invest in ISA and use your full tax allowance for AVC. You are saving 40% on tax!

This guy fancies himself as a “senior” but brings nothing original or insight!

Constantly cries about property rights 😂😂

My guess is that he acquired some dodgy land - which has now been confiscated by some BAL thug!

A case of a thief stealing from another thief!

No sympathy from me!!

If you are settled in the west - don’t buy land in BD!

Invest in ISA and use your full tax allowance for AVC. You are saving 40% on tax!

Or just put your money in BD government bonds and get 5% more than inflation.

That is a much safer, less hassle and actually helps BD develop by giving access to internal finance for the government.

Or just put your money in BD government bonds and get 5% more than inflation.

That is a much safer, less hassle and actually helps BD develop by giving access to internal finance for the government.

I thought about that!

But inflation and currency devaluations wipe out the gain.

A higher rate tax paying Brit has much better options.

You cannot beat 40% tax evasion and it is legal

I thought about that!

But inflation and currency devaluations wipe out the gain.

A higher rate tax paying Brit has much better options.

You cannot beat 40% tax evasion and it is legal

Inflation in BD is irrelevant as all that matters is inflation in UK and the devaluation of the Taka versus pound. Apart from this year, UK inflation has hovered at 1-2% from 2016.

Due to Brexit, the pound and the Taka have stayed at parity over the last 5 years and so you would have increased your money by 40%+ in real terms if you brought BD government bonds back in 2016 and cashed out in 2021 and brought the money back to the UK.

Predicting the future is complex but I think that the Taka is likely to not devalue much if anything against the pound over this decade and so this may still be a great time to buy BD government bonds.

12 farmers arrested in Pabna for defaulting loans​

Police in Pabna have arrested 12 farmers and are looking for 25 others following an arrest warrant against a total of 37 farmers for defaulting on loans taken from a government bank.

A judge on Friday ordered the arrestees to jail after they were produced in the court, said Arvind Sarkar, chief of Ishwardi Police Station.

The arrestees are Alam Pramanik, 50, Mahatab Mandal, 45, Abdul Gani Mandal, 50, Shamim Hossain, 45, Samad Pramanik, 43, Noor Boksh, 45, Mohammad Akram, 46, Mohammad Rajab Ali, 40, Kitab Ali, 50, Hannan Mia, 43, Mohammad Majnu, 40, and Mohammad Atiyar Rahman, 50.

The loan amounts range from Tk 25,000 to Tk 30,000, according to the police officer, reports bdnews24.com.

Arvind said some of the farmers claimed they were arrested despite paying off their debt in full to Bangladesh Samabaya Bank, one of the oldest cooperative banks operating since 1977.

Some others admitted during preliminary quizzing that they had failed to follow up on the loans for a while, but claimed that their overdue balances were small, he said.

A man named Mozammel Haque filed the case on behalf of the bank in 2021.

The aforementioned agency attempted to reach the local office of the bank in Pabna for comment, but no official received any call even after multiple attempts.

This is a surprising act for a government with Hasina as the leader. She was responsible for bringing Bangladesh to a progressive state where especially the females became part of the workforce and contributed to the betterment of the country. When that Younus fellow was acted against by the government didn't the government say that he has been earning from socio-economic exploitation of the poor ? So why has the government now gone and done something that Younus would do - and he would get a Nobel Peace Prize for ?

The great constant of the world..

Only of the Capitalist world.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" from George Orwell's Animal Farm

LOL, you didn't realize the supreme irony in what you wanted to post. The member you quoted - @Azadkashmir - spoke against banking - money system, which is Capitalism - but you quote a statement from an anti-Communist book, a book that spoke against the ideology that agitated against the oppressions, exploitations and disparities that exist because of money. :)

Inflation in BD is irrelevant as all that matters is inflation in UK and the devaluation of the Taka versus pound. Apart from this year, UK inflation has hovered at 1-2% from 2016.

Due to Brexit, the pound and the Taka have stayed at parity over the last 5 years and so you would have increased your money by 40%+ in real terms if you brought BD government bonds back in 2016 and cashed out in 2021 and brought the money back to the UK.

Predicting the future is complex but I think that the Taka is likely to not devalue much if anything against the pound over this decade and so this may still be a great time to buy BD government bonds.

I will think about it when I max out my AVC.

Btw, if you are under 40 - government adds an extra 4K if you save 16k you save every year.

This proves my point exactly. The typical tropes of Bangladeshi student politics never seem to change. They said the same rubbish 13 years ago and some new imbeciles use the same lines today.

In the meantime BD has gone through the roof.

Don't you think it's time you changed your way of thinking and discourse?
You mentioned anti-state propaganda on an earlier post.
I take it you are a supporter of Hasina's Digital Security act, which is an extension of special Powers act of 1974 introducrd by none other than her father Mujib.
Please note apple does not fall far from the tree.
Digital Secure act was used to torture Shahidullah Alam.

European Union, Reporters without border, and HRW condemned the torture.

Do you support torturing people for supporting alternate political views while you live in UK ?
Do you support torturing people in Aynaghar as claimed in this DW episode,

Level with me homie !

Back
Top Bottom