What's new

11 Arab Countries Take On NASA, Launch Own Space Program

Yes, but those type of rockets are ICBM type which are useless against Israel. Why would Israel be worried about Arabs without nukes? They have nukes, we don't. Don't you think an agreement could be signed where there are promises to not weaponize the carrier rockets. If this could work, TOT from Ukraine for carrier rockets would be the quickest solution.

No not ICBM, ballistic missiles can have many ranges including short and medium range. The difference between ballistic and cruise is the method of flight and speed. Agreements are pieces of paper, in the end we remain Arabs, Muslims whom are hostile to Israel in the core. Regimes can fall and alliances can change. If an Arab state develops ballistic missiles it develops capability to deliver a warhead to Israel at a high speed with its own technology, Saddam went this route whilst having a nuclear reactor which made the Israelis worry and take action. Israel is small, who needs nukes to cause it major damage.

My whole point is that having a space industry is highly linked to the development of rockets, which the west will never want Arab or Muslim states to produce as these can clearly be militarized as Iran has done. The other parts that come with space industry for the development of satellites are not aerospace engineering fields. They are IT, telecommunications, electrical engineering etc. You can't stop a nation from educating itself highly in IT to produce capable programmers, hackers. It's hard to measure or even notice unless publicly stated and even then how do you stop it? Rocket/Missile development programs however are a different story, they require testing and will be noticed.

The west will not let 'us' (Arabs) develop in the way you want, they will always try to keep us under them and that should not be accepted. As soon as you try to develop ballistic missiles or space rockets they will not remain silent. The GCC is wealthy and all that, but the US is not going to let them do these things. I'm sure someone will respond to me with some link of ToT and all that but they know what is being transferred, they know the limits and they're no idiots. ToT simply means transfer of the required entities to produce locally, it does not mean transfer of actual knowledge to further develop, that cannot be transferred just like that.

No not ICBM, ballistic missiles can have many ranges including short and medium range. The difference between ballistic and cruise is the method of flight and speed. Agreements are pieces of paper, in the end we remain Arabs, Muslims whom are hostile to Israel in the core. Regimes can fall and alliances can change. If an Arab state develops ballistic missiles it develops capability to deliver a warhead to Israel at a high speed with its own technology, Saddam went this route whilst having a nuclear reactor which made the Israelis worry and take action. Israel is small, who needs nukes to cause it major damage.

My whole point is that having a space industry is highly linked to the development of rockets, which the west will never want Arab or Muslim states to produce as these can clearly be militarized as Iran has done. The other parts that come with space industry for the development of satellites are not aerospace engineering fields. They are IT, telecommunications, electrical engineering etc. You can't stop a nation from educating itself highly in IT to produce capable programmers, hackers. It's hard to measure or even notice unless publicly stated and even then how do you stop it? Rocket/Missile development programs however are a different story, they require testing and will be noticed.

The west will not let 'us' (Arabs) develop in the way you want, they will always try to keep us under them and that should not be accepted.
So.. You don't think it is possible at all? We wouldn't even have to develop the rockets in theory. I propose that Pakistan develop space rockets out of their BM program in a JV with Arab states. We finance, get TOT, and use it in space launches.

As I said before, why has Israel not reacted to Saudi Arabia getting Grom BM TOT from Ukraine, or expanding research facility with Chinese help?

https://www.apnews.com/092c1656a26b484e8e912d1960c65a98

So.. You don't think it is possible at all? We wouldn't even have to develop the rockets in theory. I propose that Pakistan develop space rockets out of their BM program in a JV with Arab states. We finance, get TOT, and use it in space launches.

As I said before, why has Israel not reacted to Saudi Arabia getting Grom BM TOT from Ukraine, or expanding research facility with Chinese help?

https://www.apnews.com/092c1656a26b484e8e912d1960c65a98

We'll have to see what happens regarding this program in future developments, that cannot be said yet as its at early stages

Arabs make only ~20% of the Muslim population worldwide but all the major "Islamic" terror organizations and networks are either founded or supported by Arabs.

Be proud of your race.
Now everyone knows that Turkey supports ISIS, and Iran supports Al Qaeda so what is your point beyond hypocrisy, jealousy, complex and bad faith?

Now everyone knows that Turkey supports ISIS, and Iran supports Al Qaeda so what is your point beyond hypocrisy, jealousy, complex and bad faith?
He is a Arab hater, Erdoganist, scum, and a Turk.
Scratch that, he is probably Greek.

Last edited:
@The SC @Indos @Hakikat ve Hikmet @rambro
My vision is an OIC Space Agency with all OIC members countries participating in various capacities while Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and GCC countries playing the leading role while we can seek cooperation from China, West and/or Russia.

79774657-2348-4DB6-9A47-ED6F48D3036F.jpeg

In 2020, SORS sounding rocket using DeltaV hybrid rocket motor will be sent into space. Hybrid rocket motor is in trial phase.

57240953-2375-4E56-A1C5-77EB663583EF.jpeg

Later, The technologies experienced in sounding rockets will be applied for MUFA space rocket. MUFA is officially kicked off with a deal signed between SSB and Roketsan. It will be able to carry 100kg payload into 400km altitude by 2024-25.

After MUFA, Şimşek SLV will carry 1,5t payload into 700km altitude by 2030.

upload_2019-8-6_16-25-1.jpeg

View attachment 572835

In 2020, SORS sounding rocket using DeltaV hybrid rocket motor will be sent into space. Hybrid rocket motor is in trial phase.

View attachment 572836

Later, The technologies experienced in sounding rockets will be applied for MUFA space rocket. MUFA is officially kicked off with a deal signed between SSB and Roketsan. It will be able to carry 100kg payload into 400km altitude by 2024-25.

After MUFA, Şimşek SLV will carry 1,5t payload into 700km altitude by 2030.

View attachment 572837
I wonder if we could use it on space launches for payment. Unlikely since there are cheaper optiond but still.

KAPLAN MT is a modern medium-weight tank being developed jointly by FNSS and PT Pindad. It is designed to offer high lethality in combination with superior tactical mobility.

The first prototype of the Kaplan MT tank was exhibited during the 13th International Defence Industry Fair (IDEF) 2017 held in Istanbul in May. The tank made its public presence in Indonesia during a military parade on National Armed Forces Day in October.

KAPLAN MT design and features
The layout of the Kaplan MT tank resembles a standard main battle tank (MBT) with the driver at the centre of forward hull, turret in the middle and crew, as well as power-pack at the rear of the hull.

The interior has been designed with major emphasis on crew ergonomics and various tactical and battlefield conditions such as driving, firing and loading / off-loading of ammunition. The driver’s position offers an enhanced field of view and convenient access to control panel and driving instruments.

Crew enter / exit the vehicle through single-piece hatch covers mounted on the roof of the hull. The gunner and commander are provided with sighting systems for observation during the day / night, while the commander’s position is installed with a panoramic sight.

The KAPLAN MT is also equipped with a battlefield management system (BMS), a wireless crew intercom system, a navigation system and an automatic fire extinguishing system.

Armament aboard the medium-weight tank
The tank is fitted with CMI Cockerill 3105 turret mounting a Cockerill 105mm high-pressure gun. The lightweight gun features an advanced autoloader to deliver rapid fire-power.

The 105mm gun can fire NATO-standard 105mm ammunition and can engage targets at a maximum distance of 10km. The secondary weapon system includes a 7.62mm coaxial machine gun mounted to the left side of the main gun.

Self-protection features of KAPLAN MT
The MMWT provides STANAG 4569 Level 4 ballistic protection against 14.5mm armoured projectiles and 155mm shell splinters. It can withstand the explosion of 10kg TNT under the track and bottom of the hull.

The tank can be hinged with add-on armour to increase the protection to STANAG 4569 Level 5 to sustain damage from 25mm armour piercing discarding sabot-tracer (APDS-T) rounds.

The KAPLAN MT is also fitted with smoke grenade dischargers, a chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) protection system and a laser warning system for increased survivability against hostile threats.

Engine and mobility
The vehicle is powered by a new-generation diesel engine coupled to a fully automatic electronic controlled transmission. It offers a power-to-weight ratio of 20hp/t, based on the configuration of protection system. The fuel is supplied from two separate fuel tanks.

The power-pack is equipped with a cooling pack integrating an intelligent software-controlled hydraulic fan for improved torque and fuel economy. The auxiliary power unit aboard the tank will enable the operation of turret without the need for power from the engine. The advanced battery monitoring system further enables optimum power management.

The anti-shock suspension system of KAPLAN MT features torsion bars with double pinned tracks offering high mobility on both urban environments and cross country conditions. Each side of the track includes six dual rubber-tired road wheels with the forward drive sprocket, idler and track-return rollers. The vehicle can operate in extreme temperatures ranging between -32°C and 55°C.

The tank has a maximum road speed of 70km/h and a minimum operating range of 450km. It can negotiate a gradient and side slopes of 60% and 30% respectively. It can climb a vertical obstacle of 0.9m and can cross a trench of 2m.

https://www.army-technology.com/projects/kaplan-mt-modern-medium-weight-tank/

Meanwhile in Israel

As for the thread, do arab countries build their own satellites?

Meanwhile in Israel

As for the thread, do arab countries build their own satellites?
Israel took the initiative and started their space program well before any Arab country. Do they use the Shavit launcher that much? Seems civilian alternatives are cheaper.

Yes recently with South Korean assistance in the beginning but then finished in UAE.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KhalifaSat

khalifasat-palm.jpg

First image received in Decemeber I think.

1353736-419063263.jpg

Israel took the initiative and started their space program well before any Arab country. Do they use the Shavit launcher that much? Seems civilian alternatives are cheaper.

Yes recently with South Korean assistance in the beginning but then finished in UAE.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KhalifaSat

khalifasat-palm.jpg

First image received in Decemeber I think.

1353736-419063263.jpg

The Shavit launcher is used for Jericho 3 so they say

What I believe is irrelevant.
What I can prove is.
Let's just say, it would be irrational not to use the Shavit launcher for other tasks
I definitely think they are using the same stages because solid fuel rockets do well in both roles compared to liquid fuel rockets.

Isn't it cheaper to launch Israeli satellites from civilian programs like SpaceX?

I definitely think they are using the same stages because solid fuel rockets do well in both roles compared to liquid fuel rockets.

Isn't it cheaper to launch Israeli satellites from civilian programs like SpaceX?
It is, that's why we're launching from abroad.
Only military satellites are launched from within Israel.
Also I believe Israel was the first country to launch a satellite in the opposite direction to Earth's rotation, so it won't need to pass above arab states

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom