Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Ministry of Defence
31-October, 2016 17:52 IST
10th Indo-Nepal Joint Exercise Surya Kiran Commences

Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi, Nepal. It is the tenth in the series of such exercise between the two nations and is scheduled from 31 October to 13 November 16. The Surya Kiran series of Exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in Nepal and India. Notably in the series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries, Surya Kiran series with Nepal is the largest in terms of troop’s participation.

Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army. The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.

The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations. It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.

i2016103102.jpg

i2016103103.jpg

Rupandehi_district_location.png

Ministry of Defence
11-November, 2016 20:18 IST
Chief of Army Staff Visits Nepal

Gen Dalbir Singh, Chief of Army Staff, proceeded on a visit to Nepal from 11 to 13 November 2016. The visit assumes special significance in the light of India’s special relationship with Nepal, underpinning India’s priorities in maintaining friendly relations in the region.

The close ties of both the armies can be viewed in light of the unique tradition of honouring each other’s Chiefs of Army Staff with the Honorary rank of ‘General’. Presence of large number of Nepali Gorkha troops in Indian Army is also worth mentioning.

Upon his arrival at the Nepal Army Headquarters, the Indian Army chief was accorded a Guard of Honour. During the visit he paid a courtesy call to Hon’ble President of Nepal and interacted with the Chief of the Army Staff of Nepalese Army. He is also scheduled to meet the Hon’ble Prime Minister of Nepal during his ongoing visit. Gen Dalbir Singh will also be witnessing EX-SURYA KIRAN-X, a joint training exercise between Indian and Nepalese Armies being conducted at Saaljhandi, Nepal.

The Chief of Army Staff, General Dalbir Singh being accorded a guard of honour, in Nepal on November 11, 2016.
s2016111193282.jpg

The Chief of Army Staff, General Dalbir Singh meeting the Nepalese Army Chief, General Rajendra Chhetri, in Nepal on November 11, 2016.
s2016111193281.jpg

Ministry of Defence
13-November, 2016 15:16 IST
Indo-Nepal Joint Training Exercise - Surya Kiran Culminates

Indo-Nepal Joint Military Training was conducted at Army Battle School (NABS), Saljhandi, Nepal from 31 October to 13 November 2016 wherein the troops of the Kumaon Regt and Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army participated. Surya Kiran-X, which was the tenth such Indo-Nepal joint training exercise between the two nations, provided an ideal platform for troops of the two countries to share their experiences on Counter Terrorists Operations and Disaster Management.

Other activities conducted during training included basic familiarisation with each other’s weapons & equipment and concepts while operating in Counter Terrorism environment. The training culminated with a 72 hrs outdoor exercise in which troops of both contingents carried out a Cordon and Search Operation in a mock village.
i2016111301.jpg

i2016111302.jpg

i2016111303.jpg

http://zeenews.india.com/india/india-nepal-joint-exercise-from-march-7_1982353.html

New Delhi: India and Nepal will conduct the 11th Surya Kiran joint exercise from March 7 to March 20, focussing on counter-insurgency drills, an official said on Tuesday.

The infantry battalion-level joint exercise will be conducted at Pithoragarh, in Uttarakhand, said an official statement here.

The Surya Kiran exercise is an annual exercise, conducted alternately in India and Nepal.

The statement said the exercise aims at promoting military relations and increasing interoperability in conducting joint counter-insurgency operations in mountainous terrain.

"Both armies stand to benefit mutually from each other`s experience in fighting insurgency, environmental conservation, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HADR) etc," the statement said.

First Published: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - 15:26

Ministry of Defence
07-March, 2017 18:45 IST
Opening Ceremony: 11th Indo - Nepal Joint Exercise

Indo - Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran - XI commenced today at Pithoragarh. In this 14 days exercise, Nepal Army is being represented by the officers and troops of the elite DURGA BAKSH Battalion while the EKTA SHAKTI Battalion of The Punjab Regiment is participating on behalf of the Indian Army.

This is eleventh such battalion level exercise between the two countries aimed at training of troops in counter insurgency operations in mountainous terrain. It formally incorporates issues related to humanitarian assistance and disaster management (HADR) and will help enhance defence co-operation and military relations between the two countries.

i20173710.jpg

Ministry of Defence
31-October, 2016 17:52 IST
10th Indo-Nepal Joint Exercise Surya Kiran Commences

Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi, Nepal. It is the tenth in the series of such exercise between the two nations and is scheduled from 31 October to 13 November 16. The Surya Kiran series of Exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in Nepal and India. Notably in the series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries, Surya Kiran series with Nepal is the largest in terms of troop’s participation.

Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army. The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.

The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations. It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.

i2016103102.jpg

i2016103103.jpg

Rupandehi_district_location.png
Kalli kutty wassay, katoorian naal hassay. (An isolated bitch lives alone and spends her lonely time while playing with her puppies). Indians having exercise with Nepal, isn't that laughable? Indeed, it is.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...visit-nepal/story-Y2HwouDcs0JbqW4rXSWu5L.html

Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat is visiting Nepal on March 28-31, close on the heels of a planned visit by Chinese defence minister Chang Wanquan.

Rawat was invited by Nepal government soon after he assumed office in December.

“The main purpose of the visit is to confer the honorary title of Nepal Army to General Rawat,” said Nepal Army spokesperson Gen Tara Bahadur Kari.

President Bidhya Devi Bhandrai will confer the title to Rawat on March 29 at a special function for his “commendable military prowess and immeasurable contribution to fostering India’s long-standing and friendly ties with Nepal” and given the special military ties between Nepalese and Indian armies.

It has been a custom between the armies of the two friendly neighbours to confer the title to each other’s army chiefs since 1950 to signify the close military-to-military ties.

Gen Rawat will hold meeting with President Bidhya Devi Bhandrai, Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ and defence minister Bal Krishna Khad.

He will also visit Pokhara and Muktinath, where Nepal Army runs a high-altitude military warfare training centre.

Issues related to purchase of military hardware and software for Nepal Army will come up for discussion. Nepal Army makes almost all military and defence purchase from India including helicopters.

The proposed three-day visit of Chinese defence minister to Nepal from March 23 and upcoming China-Nepal joint military drill have made New Delhi “nervous” as Chang is also going to push Nepal to become the member of China’s ambitious, One Belt One Belt initiative, a flagship foreign policy initiative by President Xi Jinping.

The visit of Chinese defence minister, whose programme is yet to be made public, is closely followed in New Delhi due to China’s push for joint military exercise and possible defence and military cooperation between Kathmandu and Beijing where Kathmandu is looking for logistic support for its UN Peacekeepers.

After completing Nepal visit, the Chinese defence minister will leave for Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

Pushpa Kamal Dahal’s government cannot afford to say no to Beijing for the visit of Chinese defence minister and the joint military drill at a time when he himself is visiting China from March 24 to participate in Boao Asia Forum in Hainan Province.

During his official trip to Beijing, Prachanda will be meeting Chinese President Xi Jinping and other senior Chinese leaders.

Allies and brothers forever!

Only country India has complete open border policy with for good reason.

Allies :o:? against whom???? China or India we never know :p:

Why would alliance need to be "against" anyone? It is for integrated defense purposes in the Himalaya zone (similar to India - Bhutan relationship).

Nepalese military is essentially a paramilitary organisation of Indian command structure. Hence why chief of staff of each military is also given this designation in the other.....and I don't even need to mention the number of Nepalese citizens serving in the Indian military.

If you have actually been to Nepal, esp Nepal India border and/or Nepali communities in Indian cities, you would know why.

Why would alliance need to be "against" anyone? It is for integrated defense purposes in the Himalaya zone (similar to India - Bhutan relationship).

Nepalese military is essentially a paramilitary organisation of Indian command structure. Hence why chief of staff of each military is also given this designation in the other.....and I don't even need to mention the number of Nepalese citizens serving in the Indian military.

If you have actually been to Nepal, esp Nepal India border and/or Nepali communities in Indian cities, you would know why.

Nepal is in sandwich between China and India, either China or India shall be seen as enemy if there is any alliance, and I don't feel the need to bullsh1t regarding our military relation with Nepal...don't think that Nepal is like Bhutan than can be manipulate easily by India.

I'm wondering what our defense minister is doing in Nepal...?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-defence-sri-lanka-idUSKBN16Q0A3

Nepal is in sandwich between China and India, either China or India shall be seen as enemy if there is any alliance, and I don't feel the need to bullsh1t regarding our military relation with Nepal...don't think that Nepal is like Bhutan than can be manipulate easily by India.

I'm wondering what our defense minister is doing in Nepal...?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-defence-sri-lanka-idUSKBN16Q0A3

You have next to 0 military relation with Nepal. Period. You send defense minister even to India, Vietnam, Japan etc....so that means next to nothing. Heck you take part in joint exercises with India....does that mean anything alliance wise?

I certainly do not see Nepalese lining up to join Chinese armed forces...or that even being allowed by China in the first place. Not to mention the border is a closed regulated one between China and Nepal and China has like next to 0 Nepalese people working inside China.

There is no need to "manipulate" Nepal military by India....like Bhutan it is in a solid foundation alliance with India for their defense needs. You want me to tell you how many of Nepal's political elite/bureaucracy study and are mentored in India (and visit India frequently too with no fanfare)? Or how much of their army by % is physically trained in India as well? These are numbers you will probably not like at all....its a topic you obviously have no understanding of to begin with.....you have not even been to Nepal after all (and you could only talk to Nepalese that know english unlike me). Doubt you even know where the name "Nepal" comes from in the first place or what it means.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...army-joint-exercise-terrorist-jawans-4577680/
indo-nepal1.jpg

By: PTI | Pithoragarh (uttarakhand) | Published:March 20, 2017 6:27 pm
An Indo-Nepal joint military exercise focusing on anti-terror combat operations in the hill areas concluded here on Monday. The 11th battalion level joint exercise, which began on March 7 at Surya command premises of Panchushul brigade of the Indian army, was focused on anti-terror combat operations, an Army press release at Pithoragarh said.

Over 600 jawans and officers of the armies of the two nations participated in the 14-day military exercise, it said.

“The joint exercise that emphasised combating terrorist activities in hill regions with the cooperation of army of another country, undertook exercises on how two countries can co-operate with each other at the time of a disaster or terrorist attack on either country,” the release said.

Besides, the exercise was also aimed at “helping anti-disaster squad, evacuating disaster affected civilians and on sneaking into enemy terrorist bases with an aim to destroy them,” it added.

The last three days of the exercise were dedicated to demonstrating anti-terrorist operations like rescuing captives from the clutches of terrorist groups in open and tough hilly terrains, an army spokesman said.

The concluding ceremony was addressed by GOC northern command of Indian Army, Lt General Lalit Kumar Pandey, and GOC of far western command of Nepalese Army, Major General Deepak Prasad Bharati.

You have next to 0 military relation with Nepal. Period. You send defense minister even to India, Vietnam, Japan etc....so that means next to nothing. Heck you take part in joint exercises with India....does that mean anything alliance wise?

I certainly do not see Nepalese lining up to join Chinese armed forces...or that even being allowed by China in the first place. Not to mention the border is a closed regulated one between China and Nepal and China has like next to 0 Nepalese people working inside China.

There is no need to "manipulate" Nepal military by India....like Bhutan it is in a solid foundation alliance with India for their defense needs. You want me to tell you how many of Nepal's political elite/bureaucracy study and are mentored in India (and visit India frequently too with no fanfare)? Or how much of their army by % is physically trained in India as well? These are numbers you will probably not like at all....its a topic you obviously have no understanding of to begin with.....you have not even been to Nepal after all (and you could only talk to Nepalese that know english unlike me). Doubt you even know where the name "Nepal" comes from in the first place or what it means.

We might have zero military relation and you can brag all you want about your historical military relation with Nepal, that's thing of the pass, Nepal will soon have a military exercise with Chinese army that has already scare your army chief Gen Rawat as we speak and this will be historical page for China Nepal military relation, we will claim that Nepal is China ally too with a lot of Chinese-Nepal military exercice pictures as evident to counter your claim as well. :lol:

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-nepal-ahead-of-gen-rawat-117032000985_1.html

And thanks to Indian government for Interfering Nepal inter affaire, Neplaese see China more and more as good counter weight and nothing prevent Nepal to reset their relation either with India or China, remember there is not permanent friend nor enemy only permanent interest so you will not be surprise that Nepal will tilt to China's side one day and I don't need to have my PHD to understand the basic need of Nepal.:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom