What's new

105mm/37cal Mounted Gun System Procurement

Reaction score
Country
India
Last edited:
105mm is outdated
More about streamlining. 155mm and 105mm will be followed. The 130mm M46 still in good condition are being upgraded to 155/45 cal. The 122mm D30 gun is gradually being retired.

Even internationally, US , UK , France etc all have moved to this. 155 the main category and 105 for places where 155 cannot go.

Given the 105mm on Kalyani 4x4 weighs less than 3000kg, that opens up a lot of avenues.

And because we will be using 37cal, so upto 20km Range can be achieved.

More about streamlining. 155mm and 105mm will be followed. The 130mm M46 still in good condition are being upgraded to 155/45 cal. The 122mm D30 gun is gradually being retired.

Even internationally, US , UK , France etc all have moved to this. 155 the main category and 105 for places where 155 cannot go.

Given the 105mm on Kalyani 4x4 weighs less than 3000kg, that opens up a lot of avenues.

And because we will be using 37cal, so upto 20km Range can be achieved.
I am not export of India army. I only observed that India army is in bad condition, equipment and training.
China keep 122mm and 155mm, that's it.

The RFI is a formality. Hope Kalyani gets decent orders. Our artillery plan is lagging slot.

105mm is outdated
In terms of range only, and even then, it reaches out to nearly the same range as the bigger guns.

Garuda is a really decent platform and I think once ordered for the Northern regions, even ANC will want Army units to get these for Andaman and Nicobar.
You mean for amphibious operations. It should also be a good addition/substitution to our airborne inventory.

In terms of range only, and even then, it reaches out to nearly the same range as the bigger guns.

You mean for amphibious operations. It should also be a good addition/substitution to our airborne inventory.
The requirement is for it to fit inside C130J. So Army certainly is looking to keep options for Airbrone units open.

Lost track of that! at 3,000 kgs, it does become a potentially very flexible, very effective weapon!
Am not sure of the dimensions, but the C295W too can fly with such a load.

Mi17s can carry them underslung. But I doubt if they will be able to do so flying north in the mountains.

If a towed version is made then it can be even air dropped.

Mi17s can carry them underslung. But I doubt if they will be able to do so flying north in the mountains.

I was thinking more of their being landed on emergency landing strips just behind the front-line.
Admittedly, they can be evacuated and re-positioned by Mi17s.

For India to expand the stock of 105 mm guns to a massive extent, with minimal effort, is possible almost immediately. It is just that it is a live matter and therefore not worth discussing in an open forum.

Back
Top Bottom