What's new

100 thousand or 1 Lakh trees planted in Delhi within 6 hours

Need to do Haussmanisation of Old Delhi :butcher:

India city planners need to understand concept of Transit Oriented Development(TOD) and not expand randomly in all directions

Let us see how many saplings survive and how much care is taken to protect them in their formative years to survive till maturity.

I have already seen many disturbing reports of how the toilet campaign is losing steam (they are building but maintenance, education of locals in use, sustainability is questionable in various areas apparently).

There needs to be a push in long term thinking of these initiatives and programs to reap the long term benefits.

Otherwise its money down the drain and little better than Scamgress NREGA.

I am however still optimistic Modi and his team will address these issues.

Most of them will die because of the heat in September. They should have done this in July when the monsoons were active.

These tree planting drives are nothing more than publicity gimmicks.

I hope India could follow the example of China. There, saplings are grown till a certain age (2 years of initial maturity in huge tracts of nurseries on farmland) and then transplanted in a methodical manner. The way things are done in India, small saplings are planted straight in the location desired and then these saplings are basically left to the elements (apart from regular watering). Transplanting IS the correct way in my humble opinion instead of straight infant plants being 'planted'.
Have you ever been to a plant nursery and bought some saplings ?

Most of them will die because of the heat in September. They should have done this in July when the monsoons were active.

These tree planting drives are nothing more than publicity gimmicks.

Have you ever been to a plant nursery and bought some saplings ?

I own a small nursery here in HK and also in India on the western coast of Maharashtra where (we) help do transplanting as well.

I own a small nursery here in HK and also in India on the western coast of Maharashtra where (we) help do transplanting as well.
So do you sell immature sprouts/saplings ?
We have been buying from government nurseries and they usually refuse to sell until the sprouts/saplings are ready.

Lastly,Why would you transplant sapling in a freaking biodiversity park? Until and unless you want to blow all of your budget.

So do you sell immature sprouts/saplings ?
We have been buying from government nurseries and they usually refuse to sell until the sprouts/saplings are ready.

Lastly,Why would you transplant sapling in a freaking biodiversity park? Until and unless you want to blow all of your budget.

Ehh? You seem to assume too much about me !

Ehh? You seem to assume too much about me !
Never knew asking a question equates to assumptions ? Well then pardon my sketchy English
You were talking something about transplanting 2 years old saplings,I'm all ears.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom