What's new

100 % Self-Reliance in Radar Technology by 2025 : DRDO

Modi , and Arjun jaitley has increased the funding before manohar parrikar was made defense minister..

We are eagerly waiting for parrikar s initiatives that will help transform our defense sector..

Can u compare LCA AESA with other AESA's currently in use or development?
Thx in advance.

Hi,
I have already described a few features of indian designed AESA radars in one of the threads,you can refer that,i am sure it would help you understand the technologies that have been created for the first time in india,or if you wan me to elaborate on LCA AESA,i can also do that based on published literature
here is the link of that thread-
DRDO developed Arudhra AESA radar inducted in IAF | Page 5

Hi,
your question is again very broad,however i will try to explain it as crisply as i can possibly get-
(a) Nothing is holding DRDO back,the only issue and to a certain extent that continues to be an issue, is the lack of accountability in various DRDO run projects.While that might be true,but DRDO has also painstakingly patented a lot of technologies that wont be easily available from abroad,

(b)Funding is also sometimes an issue however thankfully our new defence minister an alumunus of IIT B and a metallurgical engineer has increased the fundings of DRDO by 44% and now it slightly surpasses $3bn mark!

(c)Lack of user involvement in various projects was also an issue however that has been addressed and in a LOT of programmes user is actively taking part right from inception stage to prototypes and even manufacturing- particularly IN and IAF and to some extent IA as well.

(d)Lack of industrial maturity was a also a reason till at least late 80s and early 90s however with a lot of pvt companies complementing DRDO ,this is not a great problem as of now.For instance a LOT of DRDO designed and patented systems have been transferred to indian pvt companies and they are manufacturing the concerned products - notable examples are LRDE's TRMM and titanium sponge production from TiCl4 at KMML.sIMILALRY BHARAT FORGE HAS ESTABLISHED heavy forging capabilities along with L&T

Thank you very much for replying. I am astounded by the funding which is now $3Bn! That is peanuts when compared to other countries!

What kind of engineer are you?

Back
Top Bottom