What's new

100 % Self-Reliance in Radar Technology by 2025 : DRDO

kurup

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
radars_zps935008fb.jpg

DRDO plans to achieve 100 % Self-Reliance in Radar Technology by 2025 according to report prepared by Frontline Magazine. Report also highlighted some of the key developments which have taken place in recent years in radar technology and also some of the development work currently been carried out in this area to achieve 100 % Indigenous technology in Radar systems by 2025 .

Key Success Stories

DRDO labs have developed Indra 1 and Indra II radars which are used by IAF for detecting Low-Flying aircrafts. Rajendra radar which is one of the critical systems in Akash missile systems.

BFSR-SR short range Battlefield surveillance radar used by Indian Army to detect movement of humans and small vehicles up to 8 km away.

Aslesha is a multifaceted, lightweight radar which can be deployed in diverse terrains it can detect aircrafts, helicopters and UAV’s at low and medium altitudes

Bharani is a lightweight radar which can detect aircrafts, helicopters and UAV’s at low altitudes. Bharani can be carried as a helicopters-slung load.

3D -Tactical Control Radar for Air Defence can track enemy missiles up to 90km away.

3D CAR radar is Medium-range 3D surveillance which has Surveillance range up to 180 km which is Capable of detecting low-altitude targets, and supersonic aircraft flying at up to Mach 3 and different variants of which are used by Army, Airforce and Navy

Arudhra is indigenous AESA 3D Medium Power surveillance Radar (MPR) has a range of 300 kilometers, which is twice the range of the 3D Rohini radar (150 km) aka 3D CAR radar has significantly improved its air defense in border areas .

Another success story is WLR (Weapon Locating Radar) which basically is offshoot of Rajendra radar, WLR can detect several weapons systems simultaneously to pinpoint location of enemies weapons systems for counter attack , WLR according to report has cleared user trials and will soon enter production .

Long-Range Solid-state Active Phased Array Radar (LSTAR) which is an AESA radar mounted on Three Embraer AEW&C aircrafts which can detect and track airborne targets 250-300 km away.

DRDO is also developing smaller AESA radar for Tejas MK-2

DRDO is also developing other radar systems mentioned below :

Slotted Waveguide Antenna in S, X and Ku Band
Patch Array Antenna in S, C, X and Ku Band
Multibeam Antenna in S Band
T/R Modules in L, S, C and X Band for Active Aperture Arrays
Semi Active Aperture Arrays
MMICs for T/R Modules
Central Unit
Space Time Management
Programmable Signal Processors
FPGA based Signal Processors
Radar Data Processors
High Average Power TWT based Transmitters
Compact Light Weight TWT Transmitters.
High purity sources
Multichannel Digital receivers
Digital Beam Formers
Solid State Transmitters
Radar Imaging through ISAR
Automatic Target Classification
Through Wall Imaging Radar (TWIR)
Ground Penetration Radar (GPR)
Array Group Receiver

100 % Self-Reliance in Radar Technology by 2025 : DRDO | idrw.org

@amardeep mishra

radars_zps935008fb.jpg

DRDO plans to achieve 100 % Self-Reliance in Radar Technology by 2025 according to report prepared by Frontline Magazine. Report also highlighted some of the key developments which have taken place in recent years in radar technology and also some of the development work currently been carried out in this area to achieve 100 % Indigenous technology in Radar systems by 2025 .

Key Success Stories

DRDO labs have developed Indra 1 and Indra II radars which are used by IAF for detecting Low-Flying aircrafts. Rajendra radar which is one of the critical systems in Akash missile systems.

BFSR-SR short range Battlefield surveillance radar used by Indian Army to detect movement of humans and small vehicles up to 8 km away.

Aslesha is a multifaceted, lightweight radar which can be deployed in diverse terrains it can detect aircrafts, helicopters and UAV’s at low and medium altitudes

Bharani is a lightweight radar which can detect aircrafts, helicopters and UAV’s at low altitudes. Bharani can be carried as a helicopters-slung load.

3D -Tactical Control Radar for Air Defence can track enemy missiles up to 90km away.

3D CAR radar is Medium-range 3D surveillance which has Surveillance range up to 180 km which is Capable of detecting low-altitude targets, and supersonic aircraft flying at up to Mach 3 and different variants of which are used by Army, Airforce and Navy

Arudhra is indigenous AESA 3D Medium Power surveillance Radar (MPR) has a range of 300 kilometers, which is twice the range of the 3D Rohini radar (150 km) aka 3D CAR radar has significantly improved its air defense in border areas .

Another success story is WLR (Weapon Locating Radar) which basically is offshoot of Rajendra radar, WLR can detect several weapons systems simultaneously to pinpoint location of enemies weapons systems for counter attack , WLR according to report has cleared user trials and will soon enter production .

Long-Range Solid-state Active Phased Array Radar (LSTAR) which is an AESA radar mounted on Three Embraer AEW&C aircrafts which can detect and track airborne targets 250-300 km away.

MMICs for T/R Modules
Central Unit
Space Time Management
Radar Data Processors
High purity sources
Digital Beam Formers
Solid State Transmitters
Array Group Receiver

@amardeep mishra

It is a big goal to achieve ..hope DRDO succeeds !

Oh please no more of DRDO will do this by 20XX.
Its a national shame for India.

Setting goal ...is a first step towards realizing it .

why are you so negative about almost everything you come across ?

Is your DNA inherently cynical ?

DRDO may have failed many of its deadlines and goals.

But let public scrutinize their bravado ....

I am glad they are making public statements against which they can be hold responsible ...

I am glad they are making public statements against which they can be hold responsible ...
I'm a realist.
We can go back to the thread if you want.
As for DODO, Oh please. public scrutiny hasn't made them any efficient.

Please DO NOT tag me in posts that are not written or prepared by professionals or people with experience,you see,i really dont like it when some random guy comes up with the "analysis" and gives "wrong" figures for various technical parameters of the system especially when the parameters are ALREADY AVAILABLE in public domain.First off-

(a)Arudra is a 4D system and has a range of 400kms against a 2m^2 target

(b)L-STAR's range is 300kms in normal operation modes but can be extended to 360-400kms in certain sectors,on priority basis

(c)The AESA radar project for LCA is populalry known as "project-273" or "uttam".I have a technical research paper on this radar,however i can not post it here

(d) This guy didnt mention anything about "ashiwni" radar system
And finally india will achieve complete reliance in radars much earlier,when i say much earlier i mean it!

I'm a realist.
We can go back to the thread if you want.
As for DODO, Oh please. public scrutiny hasn't made them any efficient.

No. You are not a realist as you claim yourself to be .

Otherwise you will not address DRDO in such derisive manner .

do you need to cross certify yourself via some other thread ?

Is that the level of insecurity you experience ?

Please DO NOT tag me in posts that are not written or prepared by professionals or people with experience,you see,i really dont like it when some random guy comes up with the "analysis" and gives "wrong" figures for various technical parameters of the system especially when the parameters are ALREADY AVAILABLE in public domain.First off-

(b)L-STAR's range is 300kms in normal operation modes but can be extended to 360-400kms in certain sectors,on priority basis

(c)The AESA radar project for LCA is populalry known as "project-273" or "uttam".I have a technical research paper on this radar,however i can not post it here

And finally india will achieve complete reliance in radars much earlier,when i say much earlier i mean it!

You may be professional ...
But your posts reek of arrogance .

Most of the people here on PDF come from diverse background . and they enjoy reading defence related stuff .

so you do not have to take ' moral ' high ground about random guys coming and posting ...

even if that applies to posted article .

If you know something which is amiss ..you can always share your view point .

You do not have to be so rude and overbearing if somebody quoted you out of respect of your knowledge .

But your posts reek of arrogance

I really care less what you might assume,or think,but i will take it seriously only when it is rational enough or based on "CREDIBLE" research evidence.Obviously this piece of article was written by someone who didnt understand things,so if you dont understand things,then better learn first and then compose such articles(i am referring to the author)
P.S-
i was not getting any rude,i just get pissed seeing and going through a plethora of articles posted by folks in idrw.com and it is really frustrating to keep correcting each one of them!
And then on top ,you have certain members here like sancho,who i dont know where they get their info from and go full on smearing and thrashing DRDO(without even understanding the complexities or the context of research and itz impact on Indian industries).
For instance how many of you know that the packaged processed ready to eat curry dished that you get off the shelf in supermarkets were actually developed in india by DRDO and later TOT was done to pvt companies for commercial production.Similar arguments can be extrapolated for various research ranging from radars to even kaveri!

Last edited:
radars_zps935008fb.jpg

Key Success Stories

MMICs for T/R Modules
Central Unit
Space Time Management
Radar Data Processors
High purity sources
Digital Beam Formers
Solid State Transmitters
Array Group Receiver

@amardeep mishra

Looks like we are doing good in radars
@sancho @Abingboy @he-man your thoughts

You are wasting your time on a troll bro.

I really care less what you might assume,or think,but i will take it seriously only when it is rational enough or based on "CREDIBLE" research evidence.Obviously this piece of article was written by someone who didnt understand things,so if you dont understand things,then better learn first and then compose such articles(i am referring to the author)
P.S-
i was not getting any rude,i just get pissed seeing and going through a plethora of articles posted by folks in idrw.com and it is really frustrating to keep correcting each one of them!
And then on top ,you have certain members here like sancho,who i dont know from where get their info and go full on smearing and thrashing DRDO

This is not a Defence research forum ....
This is a defence forum and open for all interested in Defence stuff . I am a medico ...I can't be expected to know and understand nitty gritty of technical stuff .

so is the case with many other PDF members .

so posting of article is meant to bring about discussion on the matter .

So if somebody has tagged you ...means somebody thought that you are knowledgeable enough to seek your expert opinion .

now what do you do when people tag you ...you insult them and warn them not to quote you because the articles has many errors ?

is not that sheer arrogance on your part ?

So if somebody has tagged you ...means somebody thought that you are knowledgeable enough to seek your expert opinion .

now what do you do when people tag you ...you insult them and warn them not to quote you because the articles has many errors ?

Either you can not read properly or you have a bias,either way,as i said,i CARE LESS! first off i didnt mean any disresepct to the guy who had tagged me,i have mentioned it clearly that i get pissed going through the plethora of articles posted on various defence sites like idrw etc(to be more precise the author).Similarly ,dont you think it is wise to first go through all the relevant research material before composing an article?For instance will i be doing justice if suppose i start writing an article on Chirality of sugars or lets say ampox /ampicillin without first going through the technical research papers available(or post wrong info about them)?

You may be knowledgeable person regarding radar and sonars but being knowledgeable and at same time being humble is something you still missing here.The member who tagged you is not some random member but a senior member.

Back
Top Bottom