What's new

10 Indian peacekeepers in Congo sex scandal

10 Indian peace keepers is not equal to whole of India just like few extremists in Pakistan is not equal to pakistan.. hope everyone gets the logic.

This forum is filled with too many civvies.

C'mon, soldiers have only " solicited' the services of ladies of easy virtue.this is what soldiers & sailors have done worldwide since time immemorial.

"The United Nations code of conduct in Congo prohibits peacekeepers from soliciting prostitutes "

What does the UN want .. Monks ? .. & monks don't fight.Even they have a " fling' once in while. Those who have been in uniform will remember that most sought after bit of " local orders' used to be the " out of bound' areas notified by the local Garrison Commander.

So long as no rape is committed & no Med prob is on hand, one needs to gloss over such things.

If you say so Third Eye, but I would just like to point out that in the Pakistan Army, once you sign up, these things are completely out of bounds and you are ORDERED not to be seen near these places within or without uniform. Let alone doing this sort of thing in a foreign country whose people we are going to serve under the charter of the UN, as representatives of not just your country but the free world.
So I disagree with you there, thats all I’m gonna say. But you don’t have to be a monk to be disciplined.

P.S. Monks do fight, they are called Warrior-Monks! They are the coolest there are…

Cool down BD man,mosli nahi mila kya bazaar mein,read the news properly it's not only about India but Pakistan,BD and a host of other countries involved in these sort of criminal activities.I'm a proud Indian but that does'nt stop me to condemn those who dare to break IA discipline,your boasting reveals your immaturity nothing else.

Lol find a case on PAK will thank u then ! :blah:

10 Indian peace keepers is not equal to whole of India just like few extremists in Pakistan is not equal to pakistan.. hope everyone gets the logic.

i 100% agree from first post i will never see this matter as a indian falt but its some personal actions wich make shame for india.i think every army have black sheaps

If you say so Third Eye, but I would just like to point out that in the Pakistan Army, once you sign up, these things are completely out of bounds and you are ORDERED not to be seen near these places within or without uniform. Let alone doing this sort of thing in a foreign country whose people we are going to serve under the charter of the UN, as representatives of not just your country but the free world.
So I disagree with you there, thats all I’m gonna say. But you don’t have to be a monk to be disciplined.

P.S. Monks do fight, they are called Warrior-Monks! They are the coolest there are…

Great !

Lets get real,the forces are also ORDERED not to indulge in corrupt malpractices, I am sure no Army Order must exist which authorises the take over of the country from elected representatives...are these followed ?

Wherever humans exist failing will rear themselves up.

Again with the topic switch Third Eye, is this an impulsive defensive mechanism you can’t control, or do you SERIOUSLY think these 2 phenomena can be related even by a long shot? Stop doing this, makes us all look stupid and childish.

We all have to see this that a man in a uniform is representing his or her country, If one makes a mistake the whole organization is blamed. They were stupid what they did but I am sure High command will take care of them in a Fauji Style.

Again with the topic switch Third Eye, is this an impulsive defensive mechanism you can’t control, or do you SERIOUSLY think these 2 phenomena can be related even by a long shot? Stop doing this, makes us all look stupid and childish.

There is no topic switch. Obviously you have not served in an Armed Force. If you had , the import of Post No 8 would have been understood .

All armed forced have orders, that lay down various rules. the orders I refered to by the Garision Commander were that only.

But then, as is often said, Children, Monkeys & Soldiers invariably push rules.It comes naturally.

Since as you laid emphasis on "ORDERED" not to do this or that.. I merely drew your attention to other "ORDERS" too which I sure must be in vogue.

We all have to see this that a man in a uniform is representing his or her country, If one makes a mistake the whole organization is blamed. They were stupid what they did but I am sure High command will take care of them in a Fauji Style.

Abs right.

Thats what the Brig in Congo is doing. But where is the mistake in " soliciting" sex from those who ply the trade ?

Or.. is the mistake in getting caught !!

Seeing several responses here, I would like to go on a different tangent.
I am quite certain I would never hear of a Pakistani, Chinese soldier messing up at an international platform whereas an Indian, American soldier could. This has to do a lot with attitudes, Pakistan, China etc. nations see this as an opportunity to prove their worth to their people as well as the world. Indian or American government feels no such pressure.

In any case J&K Rifles is a fine regiment, I hope these erring soldiers are punished as per the tenets.

Third Eye I'm just disappointed that you are trying to defend this, for soldiers orders are orders. Ofcourse people commit murders, they rape and pillage, that doesn't mean it’s okay or understandable. Same thing with soldiers, soldiers misbehave but that doesn't mean you try to dismiss it so.

In the higher chain of command things are different, and what is considered immoral and necessary or acceptable is a matter of opinion and debate. If the people of Pakistan celebrate if the military follows the orders of their chief and overthrows a civilian dictator then that’s our decision and its immorality or otherwise is decided through our reaction. It’s completely different from this shallow, selfish, blatantly criminalist misconduct. Unless you are suggesting that child-molestation by your armed forces is somehow considered a necessity or is a whitely acceptable and encouraged routine in your country, you have to accept what they did was wrong and indeed shameful and that there is no other way of looking at it. I don’t enjoy talking about this anymore than you do but I feel compelled out point out childish comparisons when I see them.

Also it is rather immature for anyone on this forum to brag about having done military service and being apart from ‘civies’. I’m sure people who do/have serve don’t enjoy bringing it up as much as you do.

This has to do a lot with attitudes, Pakistan, China etc. nations see this as an opportunity to prove their worth to their people as well as the world. Indian or American government feels no such pressure.

LOL, another childish assumption, now what can I say to analysis like that? For the LAST TIME DONT CAMPARE 24/7. Its a sign of how insecure one is.

Third Eye I'm just disappointed that you are trying to defend this, for soldiers orders are orders. Ofcourse people commit murders, they rape and pillage, that doesn't mean it’s okay or understandable. Same thing with soldiers, soldiers misbehave but that doesn't mean you try to dismiss it so.

In the higher chain of command things are different, and what is considered immoral and necessary or acceptable is a matter of opinion and debate. If the people of Pakistan celebrate if the military follows the orders of their chief and overthrows a civilian dictator then that’s our decision and its immorality or otherwise is decided through our reaction. It’s completely different from this shallow, selfish, blatantly criminalist misconduct. Unless you are suggesting that child-molestation by your armed forces is somehow considered a necessity or is a whitely acceptable and encouraged routine in your country, you have to accept what they did was wrong and indeed shameful and that there is no other way of looking at it. I don’t enjoy talking about this anymore than you do but I feel compelled out point out childish comparisons when I see them.

Also it is rather immature for anyone on this forum to brag about having done military service and being apart from ‘civies’. I’m sure people who do/have serve don’t enjoy bringing it up as much as you do.

LOL, another childish assumption, now what can I say to analysis like that? For the LAST TIME DONT CAMPARE 24/7. Its a sign of how insecure one is.

Just relax.

I am not defending anyone & nor is the Brig there doing it either, nor is he covering up.

I am merely trying to make light of a situation for I feel it is not as serious as most ppl would like to make it to be. Just coz he is in uniform, he does not cease to be human.

The law will take its own course as it always does in the IA. For a paltan its izzat is very important & those who blemish it are made examples of.

Third Eye I'm just disappointed that you are trying to defend this, for soldiers orders are orders. Ofcourse people commit murders, they rape and pillage, that doesn't mean it’s okay or understandable. Same thing with soldiers, soldiers misbehave but that doesn't mean you try to dismiss it so.In the higher chain of command things are different, and what is considered immoral and necessary or acceptable is a matter of opinion and debate.

Ideally soldiers should obey orders but the real world is different, that is why there are military courts.

If the people of Pakistan celebrate if the military follows the orders of their chief and overthrows a civilian dictator then that’s our decision and its immorality or otherwise is decided through our reaction. It’s completely different from this shallow, selfish, blatantly criminalist misconduct. Unless you are suggesting that child-molestation by your armed forces is somehow considered a necessity or is a whitely acceptable and encouraged routine in your country, you have to accept what they did was wrong and indeed shameful and that there is no other way of looking at it.I don’t enjoy talking about this anymore than you do but I feel compelled out point out childish comparisons when I see them.

Child molestation?
"used children to hire Congolese girls for sex"

I feel compelled to point out the truth.

Being a defence forum I am sure some rights ought to be reserved for such individuals.

I don't care if you call this "assumption" "childish", my intent was aimed at a comparison if you will, in light of responses to show India is not insecure or out to prove anything. How you chose to interpret is your prerogative.

Back
Top Bottom