What's new

10 captives, Over 20 soldiers, including Commanding Officer killed at Galwan border clash with China

Indians slam PM Modi for staying silent over Ladakh face-off with China

By
Web Desk
Tuesday Jun 16, 2020

293482_5072845_updates.jpg

Some Indians even called Prime Minister Narendra Modi "the weakest and the most incompetent PM in the history of India". REUTERS/Denis Balibouse/Files
It has been almost an entire day since 20 Indian soldiers were killed in what was termed a "violent face-off" with the Chinese army in the Ladakh region but Prime Minister Narendra Modi has so far remained mum on the development.

Scared maybe? That's what many of the Indians think with some even calling Modi "the weakest and the most incompetent PM".

Following the "loss of lives on the Indian side" at the Line of Actual Control (LAC), UK's Telegraph reported citing Indian army sources four soldiers were currently missing and another 32 "handed back after being captured".

But some of the Indians were relentless — and rightly so.

Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti spoke up about the issue, asking why the Indian leadership was suspiciously silent.

Mehbooba Mufti

✔@MehboobaMufti

Seems like China has hijacked the aggressive ‘ghar main ghuske marengay’ militaristic approach. Nation deserves to know why there is no talk of retaliation to avenge the death of three Indian army personnel!

India "deserves to know why there is no talk of retaliation to avenge the death of three Indian army personnel", she wrote on Twitter.

An Indian defence analyst said the face-off had left the disengagement canard of Ladakh "shattered" and "in tatters".

Man Aman Singh Chhina

@manaman_chhina

So the disengagement canard of Ladakh has been shattered and lies in tatters.
This is what many of us had been saying. Lies, lies and damned lies.

"This is what many of us had been saying. Lies, lies and damned lies," Man Amang Singh Chhina wrote.

Smita Sharma

@Smita_Sharma

Some tense news coming in from #LAC standoff including possible retaliatory action by Indian Army. @adgpi expected to brief defence reporters shortly. The last time bullets were exchanged between armies of #India #China was in 1975 in Tulung La in Arunachal Pradesh.
Journalist Smita Sharma reminisced how "the last time bullets were exchanged between armies of India [and] China was in 1975 in Tulung La in Arunachal Pradesh."

Rana Ayyub

@RanaAyyub

Pakistan, China and Nepal dare India within a week. Trying to remember a time in our history when we achieved this feat. This is India at its weakest and most fragile ever and no media spin can obfuscate this truth.

Prominent journalist Rana Ayyub lambasted the Modi government saying "this is India at its weakest and most fragile ever."

Another media person, Ajai Shukla, was dumbfounded over the matter, noting that the Modi-led government "doesn’t feel obliged to explain what is happening".

Ajai Shukla

@ajaishukla

Incredible India! With Chinese troops occupying our soil:-
1. Govt doesn’t feel obliged to explain what is happening.
2. The people don’t demand to know and instead delude themselves that Chinese will walk away on their own.
3. Media happy to publish scraps the govt throws it.

Seemingly scared, Shukla said Indians "delude themselves that Chinese will walk away on their own".

Famed reporter Barkha Dutt, too, sounded frightened, saying how India was wrongly focused on Pakistan and that China was New Delhi's "most lethal and dangerous adversary".

barkha dutt

@BDUTT

For so long we have focused on Pakistan as our main threat, when really Pakistan is a protectorate of China, which has always been India's most lethal and dangerous adversary. The faux romanticism built around not a single bullet fired has died permanently today I hope #Ladakh

"The faux romanticism built around not a single bullet fired has died permanently today I hope," she wrote.

Journalist Rohini Singh pointed out the Indian media's hypocrisy, which judged the Modi government's strength "by how much it can bully and silence it’s own citizens and not how well it can protect the nation’s interests".

Rohini Singh

@rohini_sgh

We now live in times where our TV anchors measure the strength of a government by how much it can bully and silence it’s own citizens and not how well it can protect the nation’s interests. #Ladakh

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1272891809866362888

Rohini Singh

@rohini_sgh

What is happening? This is the weakest government in years. https://twitter.com/rajatptoi/status/1272922596950945792 …

Rajat Pandit@rajatpTOI

At least 20 Indian soldiers killed in the skirmish with Chinese troops in Galwan Valley region...

"This is the weakest government in years," Singh wrote on Twitter.

Rohan Gupta

@rohanrgupta

PM HAS FAILED TO PROTECT OUR BRAVE SOLDIERS . #Ladakh

THE WEAKEST AND THE MOST INCOMPETENT PM IN THE HISTORY OF INDIA#WeakestPMModi

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1272840076393775106
A Congress party official said Modi had "failed", terming him as "the weakest and the most incompetent PM in the history of India".

राजा फैसल @RajaFaisal01

https://twitter.com/RajaFaisal01/status/1272853919165792259

Meanwhile,#Indian media...#India #Ladakh #GalwanValley

Many others pointed out similar issues as well.

You Might Also Like

You only care about Modi's investment in Indonesia. You don't care about Kashmiris getting slaughtered at the hands of occupational Indian forces. You don't care one bit about Pakistan. Like a previous member said, you only care about your own interests which is fine by me.

At least have the guts to come forward and not pretend like you are a good friend of Pakistan. Every single post you have made in the past regarding India or Pakistan clearly shows your tilt towards India and Modi.

Indonesia happened to be the first country US plundered the oil of. Happened 1960s.

No more oil now.

how? it is just two men clad in their respective National flagged shirts.
humbug!

Its a vile and disgusting (albeit funny) caricature, a real eyesore. We all know that's what majority of them look like, no need to rub it in.

Ok then how much investment did US do in Soviet Union? What would be the ratio of US investments in USSR to it's investments in China?

- PRTP GWD
I am familiar with macro financials of China but not that of USSR, so sorry I don't have a credible answer for you. Perhaps a Russian member here will know better.

Back to your previous statement, I don't see US investment an influential factor in China-US rivalry, one obvious reason is the small amount already mentioned. Moreover, we strategically prioritize FDI in high-tech industrial sector (dominated by Japanese precision-machinery, South Korean semi-conductor/chemical, Taiwanese electronics/agro, etc) over services sector such as McDonald's, M&M's or Marriott Hotel. Since we are already cutting back FDI to US, I expect US to the same.

Not directing this at you just wanted to this is as a general statement.

I don't buy it for even one second that China only has "300 nukes"....Who in their mind would think that the worlds second (arguably first) world power only has 300 damn nukes lmao.

It's like some kind of cruel joke....
Best word for the term is ESTIMATE BY SOME WESTERN INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES

I am a fair person and always want good for my Muslim brother (truly believer). If I make an advice, it is for the good of Pakistan. I can rather say nothing if I dont care with Pakistan. I am not here to get popular but to speak the truth and support Muslim unity and brotherhood. And for the advice. Just like a medicine, usually it taste bitter.

We cannot ignore this golden opportunity to save our Kashmiri siblings.

Further, you think India will back down, they never do. Only foolish will turn his back to an open foe.

Shame on all Muslim countries with ties to India.

We cannot ignore this golden opportunity to save our Kashmiri siblings.

Further, you think India will back down, they never do. Only foolish will turn his back to an open foe.

Shame on all Muslim countries with ties to India.

This humiliation deserves an Arab medal for Modi LOL

If Chinese still have Indians in captivity, then they might kill them all and increase the casualties even more if India doesn't draw back

India has already confirmed that they have disengaged. India tried to evict Chinese from the Galvan vallley but was given bloody nose by the Chinese. Chinese are still sitting pretty, parked in the Galvan valley.

Back
Top Bottom