What's new

10 Best Intelligence Agencies in the World

all of us are "ordinary" citizens who read about these agencies from other sources be it books of TV programms or internet.

we r not privy to their set up/training/operations/successes/failures. then how can we list out their rankings.:hitwall:

i think its just another self satisfying thread to boost self confidence especially after OBL episode.

This is not something that you can rate. The work of intelligence agencies by nature is secret. Their goals, strategies, etc are secret. And because of that, you can't tell if they were successful in achieving those goals.

U knw what CIA took revenge as well as first place in ranking by keeping OBL right under ISIs nose without even its smell...
Yes! indeed CIA did magic to get the Ist place....:what:
ISI is no #1 there is no need to reconsider:pakistan:
however some may talk about its failure in Osama case
its true it failed to some extent , but it was not a total failure as it was ISI ,as stated by US external office who told US about Osama 's possible hide-outs . the failure was; to Act at the right time.
Listen ! if you are Grading ISI position in secret Agencies In Year 2011:sick: then surely ISI is not on top presently , but even if you Grade it According to last 5,10,20 Years performance it is Surely NO#1 no doubt even CIA will have to acknowledge that :coffee:
Guys!!!!
Secret agencies Positions or performance can't be described keeping in mind only one incident or two it always need a long term Record :smokin:

all of us are "ordinary" citizens who read about these agencies from other sources be it books of TV programms or internet.

we r not privy to their set up/training/operations/successes/failures. then how can we list out their rankings.:hitwall:

i think its just another self satisfying thread to boost self confidence especially after OBL episode.
Its not us who rank ,you are right ! :rofl: this is work of X-members of agencies or journalists who DO HAVE access to these kind of things more then we do;)
Also after 20 years or so the works of these agencies are spoken aloud and proved sometimes by its Rival or sometimes by its alleys Countries :agree:

That pakistani Intelligence agency is rather a giant Fail then number one.

10 Best Intelligence Agencies in the World

Intelligence Agency is an effective instrument of a national power. Aggressive intelligence is its primary weapon to destabilize the target. Indeed, no one knows what the intelligence agencies actually do so figuring out who the best intelligence service is can be difficult. The very nature of intelligence often means that the successes will not be public knowledge for years, whereas failures or controversial operations will be taken to the press. It’s a thankless situation. Still, from what little has emerged, one can have an idea of some of the better intelligence services out there, with the understanding that this is based on incomplete data.

Good informative presentation. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me OP if ISI is so great & even better than CIA then why did it fail to detect OBL.
OR Ur saying ISI knew everything about OBL.
KGB was & is regarded as one the best intel agencies by many intel experts around the World,But even then USSR collapsed.Just a fact.

^ You kind of answered your own question. Just because you're the best doesn't mean you'll have no failures. ISI has to fight 10 or so intelligence agencies, some of which who support TTP and promote terrorism in Pakistan.

That being said, the reason why I say this is if someone tries to use this kind of argument such as what you used to put down ISI. I still believe intelligence agencies cannot be rated.

^ You kind of answered your own question. Just because you're the best doesn't mean you'll have no failures. ISI has to fight 10 or so intelligence agencies, some of which who support TTP and promote terrorism in Pakistan.

That being said, the reason why I say this is if someone tries to use this kind of argument such as what you used to put down ISI. I still believe intelligence agencies cannot be rated.

But BEST means to beat all those 10 opponents single handly, correct me if i'am wrong but in my dictionary the meaning of BEST is only this.

This is huge huge blunder, how the hell ISI failed to detect OBL killer of thousands of Pakistanis including the Pakistani killed in 911 was living right under their nose??? How they failed to get information that CIA is planning a raid inside their main lands??? How TTP & other terrorists are killing & bombing Pakistanis, why is'nt there early warning from ISI to security authorities to prevent attacks in which innocent Pakistanis loose their precious lives???

Only Pasha's crying's & warning statements does'nt make ISI top Intel, ISI maybe World #1 in the past but beghairat like Pasha & Kayani are destroying the great institutions like ISI & PA, their achivements are less than 0.

Indian Intell agency RAW doesn't figue in any lists.. Its a failure and is barely functional anywhere. Although all the hulla created by pakistan about RAW being the big bad wolf, Raw is not involved in any INtell/sabotage functions.

Indian designs do not figure any behind enemy lines doctrine... and Getting international renown for intelligence agency is a race which we will gladly opt out of....

ISI ko number 1 mubarak :victory:

Back
Top Bottom