Trango-Tower-Rock-Climbing.jpg

Page Type: Mountain/Rock

Lat/Lon: 35.76660°N / 76.18330°E

Object Title: Trango Towers

Activities: Mountaineering, Big Wall

Elevation: 20623 ft / 6286 m

Centre-Tower.jpg

Nameless Tower

There are some impressive and extremely difficult rock towers around the world, competing in being the hardest to climb. One of the more famous and possibly the group of peaks that would get the most votes for being the toughest is the Trango Tower Peaks. There are two main summits in the central part of the group: Great Trango Tower (6286m) and Nameless Tower (6230m) a.k.a. just Trango Tower.
The group is reasonable easy to access as it is located much closer to civilization than many other popular peaks in Pakistan. You would suspect a peak like Trango Tower is an expensive climb, but it isn’t. Like all other peaks in Pakistan the price tag on the permit is determined by the peak’s elevation and therefore Trango Tower comes at a very affordable price.
The peaks have some of the highest vertical faces on the planet and were for a long time some of the most coveted mountaineering challenges. It was not until 1975 the area opened for climbing and the race for the hard-to-reach summits began.

Great Trango Tower has three routes straight up the E/NE face and a couple of alpine routes on the NW and W sides of the peak. Nameless Tower has been climbed via many routes, which all are located on its SE and SW faces. It's said the quality of the granite is very good on both the main peaks as well as on the lesser peaks in the area.

Trango Group have the following peaks:

1- Kruksum (S)6650-M
2- Kruksum (N)6600-M
3- Trango Ri (II)6515-M
4- Trango Ri (1) 6452-M
5- Kruksum (E) 6300-M
6- Trano Ri (III) 6300-M
7- Trano Ri (IV) 6300-M
8- Great Trango (I) 6286-M
9- Nameless Tower 6239-M
10-Great Trango (II) 6237-M
11-Great Trango (III) 6231-M
12-Munk 6150-M

The Cathedral in the Trango Group seen from close to Paiju.

On the upper section of Trango

• trango-towers-1.jpg

Great Trango (6287 m): Woolums – Selters 80 st / 50 st, 1200 m
Trango Monk (5850 m): Chota Badla (VII, A2, 70 st, 450 m, first ascend on the summit)
Trango Tower (6251 m): Eternal Flame (VIII-, A2, 1000 m, 1.ascend in alpine style)
These were climbed by Slovenian climbers in year 2004.

• Great-Trango-Tower.jpg

What greater reason do you need except that I - yes...the Great I - belong to Pakistan ! :smokin:

That I belong to Norway:D. My me-ness trumps your you-ness, so you visit us!!!

dye your hair to a matte black and then you can be my apprentice ! :unsure:

My pale skin and black hair:o:? Are you trying to get me to go with the vampire look now:what:?

beautiful-black-black-hair-blue-hair-cute-forest-Favim.com-62861.jpg

why don't you come visit and we can get @Armstrong to try that horse shoe piercing he offered you :rofl:

Armstrong hit the seltzer water a bit too hard yesterday, he knows not what he speaks.

That I belong to Norway:D. My me-ness trumps your you-ness, so you visit us!!!

Let global warming warm up Norway a bit more and then I'll visit ! :sarcastic:

My pale skin and black hair:o:? Are you trying to get me to go with the vampire look now:what:?

beautiful-black-black-hair-blue-hair-cute-forest-Favim.com-62861.jpg

What have you got against vampires ? :o:

All they need is a bit of your blood....these lawyers....ummmhhh....vampires...aren't such bad people ! :whistle:

And get a tan if you're pale enough to look like you're from Twilight ! :tongue:

Armstrong hit the seltzer water a bit too hard yesterday, he knows not what he speaks.

Seltzer water....you know I actually had to look it up ! :tsk:

What happened to calling it simply 'sparkling, soda or carbonated' water ! :unsure:

And yes I do drink lots of it....how else do you think I gave up my Cola addiction ? :azn:

You know, you strike me as someone would could get drunk on milk.
He is a Butt, he can hold his milk
@Armstrong what is this I hear... what are u mixing that with... which whisky are you throwing down while u tell us about ur hard studies

He is a Butt, he can hold his milk

@Armstrong what is this I hear... what are u mixing that with... which whisky are you throwing down while u tell us about ur hard studies

Study hard....party harder ! :partay:

And me and whiskey ? :o:

Like thats ever gonna happen ! :disagree:

I need to spike your milk one day... I am sure that is something you can not live without :pop:

Doc the guy you're talking to is an exceptional specimen of human evolution who would put Wolverine to shame with his body's ability to get rid of toxins or any psychoactive substance ! :smokin:

Doc the guy you're talking to is an exceptional specimen of human evolution who would put Wolverine to shame with his body's ability to get rid of toxins or any psychoactive substance ! :smokin:
And you are talking to a doctor who loves to experiment with different medicines to see what effect they have on the body... :coffee:
But since you are our future, the young ruler who shall save us, I shall let you be for now :pop:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom