What's new

$1 billion loan from India suicidal: Khaleda Zia

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
$1 billion loan from India suicidal: Khaleda Zia

Bangladesh's opposition leader Khaleda Zia has termed as "suicidal" the $1 billion deal the government signed with India's Exim Bank last Saturday.

The Sheikh Hasina government has rejected the charge.

"There was no need to borrow the amount from India now. People will have to shoulder the burden," Zia was quoted as saying by New Age newspaper on Monday.

Zia, who is the Bangladesh Nationalist Party's chairperson, called the deal suicidal.

BNP has alleged that the interest on the loan Bangladesh would have to pay would be "seven times higher than the international rates".

The interest rate is 1.75% for a 20 year loan that carries a five-year grace period for repayment.

Rejecting the charge, foreign minister Dipu Moni said: "When they (BNP) are in power they follow a policy of pleasing India, and when they are in opposition they are vocal against India."

"The opposition is not finding any issue for politicking now, so they are launching pointless campaigns."

In an editorial on Monday, The Daily Star said that "the interest rate in the commercial category is considered to be rather moderate".

Responding to the BNP's demand that multilateral financing agencies could be approached, the editorial said that soft-term loans with only a service charge are usually difficult to obtain, particularly in the present global financial climate.

"It is not the amount of loan that is so important as the definitive stimulus being provided to a massive undertaking that both sides are obliged to fulfil so that the dividend that Bangladesh is looking for in terms of infrastructure development, removal of trade gaps, service charge revenues and wider regional connectivity are attained by it," the newspaper said.

The loan put "Indo-Bangladesh relations on a new, but potentially stronger footing".

$1 billion loan from India suicidal: Khaleda Zia - South Asia - World - The Times of India

welll 1 billion for bengladesh seems like some thing bengladesh have to do for india and make india happy by doing something against pakistan as they canceled their tour of pakistan that pakistan has to play there and they made happy to BCCI anyway it is the only examplr few days ago one bangali man i talked he said me khalida zia is indian puppet

i don't know what kind of BD government is??

I mean if they got problems with the loan, than bring them on the table. GOSH.

one bangali man i talked he said me khalida zia is indian puppet

What are you talking about? Do you mean Khalida Zia or Hasina. I think you mix up the name.

Bharati hate Khalida Zia and her party BNP while love Hasina. Recheck the fact. If the guy relay said then he was lying and most likely an Awami Dalal.

Note: somehow link to the news is not opening. If anyone can open the page please post the whole news.

We know this already but what BNP will do to help the people to get out from this slave deal. Just a rally won't do jack. Massive protest, disturbance or what ever it take to demise the Awami bastards. We have to remember that Bangladesh is worth if it only stay as Islamic with independent foreign policy. It better to sink under bay of Bengla than
living under Hindu Bharat dominance.

I bet people are ready to beat the hell out of the Mujib coaters if given a chance. :agree:

BNP's cry baby attitude is making me sick to stomach. :tdown:

Last edited:
Jury is still out which direction BNP will go after Ramadan. But if you read news today people are already in street for electricity demand.

welll 1 billion for bengladesh seems like some thing bengladesh have to do for india and make india happy by doing something against pakistan as they canceled their tour of pakistan that pakistan has to play there and they made happy to BCCI anyway it is the only examplr few days ago one bangali man i talked he said me khalida zia is indian puppet

Coz Bangladesh witnessed what happened to the Lankan team who went to Pakistan against the wishes of India.

They were wise to pick up that Signal.

GB

can we expect that if BNP comes in power, they won't follow India's feet-licking policy? We have seen BNP also in power in the past, and our experiences are no better. Both the mainstream parties as well as Ershad's Jatiyo Party are indulged into corruption. The only exception may be Bangladesh Jamaat E Islami. But, is there any possibility for Jamaat in Bangladesh? :angel:

can we expect that if BNP comes in power, they won't follow India's feet-licking policy? We have seen BNP also in power in the past, and our experiences are no better. Both the mainstream parties as well as Ershad's Jatiyo Party are indulged into corruption. The only exception may be Bangladesh Jamaat E Islami. But, is there any possibility for Jamaat in Bangladesh? :angel:
Exactly but i wouldn't rather not vote than vote for Jamat, they claim to be pure Islamic party but their party is so not-islamic in nature. i still think trying Fakruddin and General Moeen for 5 year is a good risk for 5 year we can take.

We know this already but what BNP will do to help the people to get out from this slave deal. Just a rally won't do jack. Massive protest, disturbance or what ever it take to demise the Awami bastards. We have to remember that Bangladesh is worth if it only stay as Islamic with independent foreign policy. It better to sink under bay of Bengla than
living under Hindu Bharat dominance.

I bet people are ready to beat the hell out of the Mujib coaters if given a chance. :agree:

BNP's cry baby attitude is making me sick to stomach. :tdown:
Dude wake up, what does this massive protest has to do with us, common people? What are they protesting for? They does the same thing when they are in power. BAL has the habit of trying to make BD a one-party rule kinda scenerio and BNP loves to siphon off money to Swiss bank account of theirs and investing in foreign countries with our tax money. No offense but this is not a political forum but a defence forum.
People are ready to beat the **** out of both parties trust me.
Regards

First of all, khushamdeed and second of all, khushamdeed again for being first female member from BD. :D

I know what you mean about BNP's past double standard (digbaazi ) stance when comes to India but time has changed. Bd's are now a lot more aware and they take note. If BNP led alliance comes to power and bend over to India's aggression ( dadagiri) than they will be thrown in to gutter by the public's. ;)

Jamat-e-Islami would have make to top if they didn't have to face media terrorism regarding their political stance of 71. :disagree:

Regards

Let me know it's arrival. You have my support in advance. :tup:

Jamaat??? :sick: Only when they're with BNP.

Regards

I will gladly lend my iron fists. :D

is it just me or does Khalida really look like Kim Jong Il? :lol:

20120209-khaleda-460.jpg

Kim-jong-il_682_1383695a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom