What's new

$1.6bn Chinese soft loan for elevated Monorail in Lahore

lahore lahore lahore other cities are in israel or india ? bus ker do ab dosroon ko bhi haq do unka . there is a city in pujab called dera ghazi khan you can hardly found a road there . :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: tell to shahbaz sharif please visit some stone age saraiki belt cities too :hitwall:

Actually Southern Punjab desperately needs to be developed. Secondly, irrespective of who is in power in KPK / Sindh / Balochistan, the federal govt, should push / supervise / implement, infrastructure projects for the betterment of the common man and the economy as a whole.

Well Mono rail is a "expensive technology" you have to construct the "rail" above the ground , and spend money on concrete etc and then expensive cost on engineering etc

Mono rail technology is for nations that have surplus of 300-400 Billion in reserves

For a nation in 100 Billion in debt , the mono rail is a expensive toy

Same can be achived with less costly Traditional Train options

I mean if we were to spend mega money why not get the Chinese or Japanese Bullet train?

Mono Rail is uncomfortable to ride in feels like Roller coaster and shakes alot

Ye is ko waqai Paris Bana Kay choray ga Same to same. Congraj lahorion. Wish to have mass transit system in pindi/Islamabad. Mian Saab jab Lahore Paris ban jaye to kindly Baqi cities ko bhi dekh Lena.

they should just build dams.and universities.that will benefit us more then this fuking train.

I'm a bit confused, is Lahore getting Monorail or Metro?
Metro bus service is already there and it is providing service to 150000 passengers daily
Monorail is next to be built.

It is interesting to note that no. of passengers traveling by Metro bus service in Lahore is almost equal to no. of passengers traveling by railways in whole Pakistan.

they should just build dams.and universities.that will benefit us more then this fuking train.
Dams, universities airports, railways we need all of these.
If education and health facilities are not good in the country it doesn't mean that we should stop all projects related to transportation infrastructure.

Ye is ko waqai Paris Bana Kay choray ga Same to same. Congraj lahorion. Wish to have mass transit system in pindi/Islamabad. Mian Saab jab Lahore Paris ban jaye to kindly Baqi cities ko bhi dekh Lena.
Being the prime minister, yes he should also concentrate on other cities as well , but i don't think so. Like all politicians he is concentrating more on his solid vote bank areas, and thats natural.

Last edited:
Metro bus service is already there and it is providing service to 150000 passengers daily
Monorail is next to be built.
Rana Sahab, You didn't get my point, I meant metro rail. It's a heavier version of the monorail, in terms of technology.

People who are speaking of lahore etc need to suck it up. Lahore, for province on Punjab, needs buses and trains before any other city. Why? Profit, revenue, tax are some of the things that can be utilized maximum here.

When monorail is made in lahore, it'll slowly expand to other cities. This is how it is in West. Big cities need transportation the most, not small, as they can use taxis, rickshaw or personal car.

Also to Karachis, stop crying. Every thread I read these crying comments. Vote PML or PTI, anyone but ppp and mqm, then complain if you don't progress compared to other cities.

Well Mono rail is a "expensive technology" you have to construct the "rail" above the ground , and spend money on concrete etc and then expensive cost on engineering etc

Mono rail technology is for nations that have surplus of 300-400 Billion in reserves

For a nation in 100 Billion in debt , the mono rail is a expensive toy. Same can be achived with less costly Traditional Train options

I mean if we were to spend mega money why not get the Chinese or Japanese Bullet train?

Mono Rail is uncomfortable to ride in feels like Roller coaster and shakes alot

I am struggling to understand the true reason behind your post....you went from monorail being expensive to the debt and then to uncomfortable ride lol. All three are criticism of different kinds that don't match up with some concrete logic.
Perhaps you should look at your population and realize that with the exception of Islamabad, you can't really build a massive bus transit system for millions of users.....and the most effective way is the monorail.
Second, its being built with the invesment not with my or your money. The investors calculate how they'll get the profit out and the ordinary public gets relief and a much better system. Not to mention your country gets top line technology and systems in place and from this point on, anywhere else you go build this (internally or externally), you'll have the technology and labor / knowledge warehouse behind you, with millions of new jobs. Everyone wins here. Not sure what the criticism is for.

With so much population in your country...how do you intent to provide poor people proper means to travel, including going to schools, universities for education and to the "dams" to work that you recommended above? How do you plan on transporting millions more in the next few years to the same universities and dams you wanted built.....not everyone can afford a car there.

For ANY economic expansion, you need infrastructure. Without it, you are limited. I read so much crap here and I feel like you guys don't want your own country to grow and progress. Its just criticism from all angles for no reason, just personal and political bias. For once, someone actually did some hard work for your country and its population. The least you can do, is to write a positive statement about these massive public welfare projects. An Indian friend of mine was right, he always says, Pakisani people are never in it for their country. It's always individualism and selfishness about their personal beliefs, political and cultural bias and all. SAD.

Last edited:
Yes orangzaib. I used to think politicans were the hurdle... But it's honestly Pakistanis themselves. They don't let dams be built because it won't make their province better. Pure selfishness. They'll vote MQM and then ask for metro train from PMLn. When you do give them something, it lasts not long enough. Protesters burn public property etc. PML blames PTI, PTI blames PML and PPP is happily watching.

Funny how karachi people will shut down city for a year over passport issue. This speaks how backward Pakistan is. Hadn't they said, we will have nukes even if we've to eat grass? Well, they're eating grass now.

Pakistan has become one pathetic, selfish and soon to become failed state due to it's citizens. And Pakistan will one day again break apart. Pakistan lives on blame game, and they'll blame RAW, Mossad etc, but never see for themselves that did they let the country progress for once.

I made a thread in pakistan tourism section, asking about vests and bullet proof car in Peshawar, and said why i need them. They started cursing and said not to visit the country.. and mods deleted the thread. They wish to live in their own hell alone, i suppose. Good that these wadarais suck these people blood, very much deserve it.

Yes orangzaib. I used to think politicans were the hurdle... But it's honestly Pakistanis themselves. They don't let dams be built because it won't make their province better. Pure selfishness.

Pakistan has become one pathetic, selfish and soon to become failed state due to it's citizens. And Pakistan will one day again break apart. Pakistan lives on blame game, and they'll blame RAW, Mossad etc, but never see for themselves that did they let the country progress for once.

I made a thread in pakistan tourism section, asking about vests and bullet proof car in Peshawar, and said why i need them. They started cursing and said not to visit the country.. and mods deleted the thread. They wish to live in their own hell alone, i suppose. Good that these wadarais suck these people blood, very much deserve it.

I agree with the first part of your post that its selfishness. However, I don't agree with anything else in your post. I actually think your rant wasn't needed here and frankly speaking, you sound quiet derogatory towards 200 million people and their country. I think next time you write posts....remember that.
You seeking bullet proof vests to visit a country is stupid. You shouldn't go if you are that scared. I've been to Pakistan a few times and I walked around without issues even if I looked different than the population. So its not bad.
India has the same issues, in fact some are really bad. Women getting raped, minorities getting burned in their homes sleeping, etc, etc. Both the country's have some f'd up stuff. But you can't go on a rant disrespecting others. Its one way to make a point about a situation (what I was doing) and its another thing to insult a country.

So what will happen to Metro bus service.. both will complement each other or Bus service will die ?

I think they'll remain operational as a secondary transportation mechanism running on a different route. Just an example, in NY, we have a HUGE bus system and then we have the subways. In fact from surrounding counties, there are over 6 different lines that come to the NYC. I can see another project after the successful launch of the orange line. The entire metro will be connected through the Bus Service and Monorail. I've actually seen the conceptual maps myself

Last edited:
You'll agree with more points one day. I used to hold high views of Pakistanis. But the way justice floats around there... Today, 5 year old was raped. No protests. But Altaf doesn't get his passport and entire Karachi can be shut down for a year. And people of Karachi support these people. The politicians who are more worried about their passport than infants being burned and dumped in trash bins, small children being raped, mullana burning Quran and then swearing on Quran on TV saying a non muslim girl did it. South korean ship sunk, the PM resigned. Bhoja crashed, planes were sold, owner and stake holders roam freely.

My request is not stupid. Many businessmen and politician travel with vests on and in bullet proof car. They've security on top. But if someone like me wants it, it becomes stupid? :yahoo: Yes I'm scared, but I will feel much secure if I've the two items. Would you like someone knocking on your car window with a gun, and you're forced to roll it down? My parents were chased by a van, until they quickly entered military zone, after which they gave up. When I was 4, my family was robbed, and the robbers put a gun on my head to get as much as they could. Should I let that happen again?

Also, India is a far, far better than Pakistan. India fixed their economy and slowly will pace out majority of poverty and illitercy. Mind you, that country is 1.3b, it's much harder to manage. Pakistan has yet to fix its economy. Here, 4 provinces can't get along. Sindhi jealous of Pathan, Baloch being deprived of their rights by all 3 provinces, KPK won't support a dam which benefits Punjab tremendously. Sorry, I don't believe in happy thereafter stories, that one day Pakistan will be fixed. Maybe that day Pakistan won't even exist, or only a small piece of it left. This can only change when the majority of people stop voting in name of shaheeds (bhuttos) or for days' food or kapra and makan. Pakistan needs far more than food, clothes and homes.

And I speak in general, meaning majority of Pakistanis, not all 180m.

And it's quite, not quiet.

Last edited:
Funny how karachi people will shut down city for a year over passport issue. .

I'm all in favor of shutting down Karachi for one year over the passport issue. Then the people themselves, will hunt down every MQM rat, and slaughter them like cattle. Forever riding this country of the cancer that it has become!

As God as my witness, my grandparents migrated from India, but I will die, before I support the dirty politics of MQM!

Thanks there are sane people out there. I didn't even know this muhajir deal exist until I heard MQMers. They're making a big deal of it by raising a non existing issue. Also Karachi has been there for centuries, wasn't made after Palkstan. It belongs to all Pakistanis.

Its been 60 years and they still consider themselves muhajirs, I mean really?

Back
Top Bottom