What's new

Zulfi Bukhari audio leak: Bushra Bibi moves IHC against harassment by police, FIA

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Petition seeks to declare private telephone recordings illegal, abuse of power
1694457097470.png

PTI Chairman Imran Khan’s wife Bushra Bibi has approached the Islamabad High Court against the police and the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) over the issue of the leak of a phone conversation between her and the former prime minister’s special assistant Zulfi Bukhari.

In the application submitted through Advocate Sardar Latif Khosa, PEMRA has also been made a party.

Along with Bushra Bibi's plea, Justice Babar Sattar's ruling in the Mian Najamul Saqib case has also been cited.

The petition has sought to declare the recording of private telephones installed at home illegal and an abuse of power. It should also be declared that such recording has no legal status.

The parties concerned should be restrained from taking any action till the final decision on this petition.

The petition further alleges that the petitioner was being harassed by the police and the FIA on the basis of fabricated and baseless audio recordings.

The petition also states that the baseless audio was being aired on various TV channels and attributed to Bushra Bibi.

The airing of the alleged audio conversations on TV channels and attributing them to Bushra Bibi was hampering fundamental rights, the petition stated.

Bushra Bibi is a religious and private woman, and is not related to politics, the plea maintained.

Bushra Bibi-Zulfi audio leak​

The alleged audio leak unearths a conversation where Bushra Bibi asks Zulfi Bukhari to sell the Toshakhana watches owned by her husband.
In the audio tape, both Bushra Bibi and Zulfi Bukhari could be heard talking about the watches possessed by Imran Khan (which he probably received as gifts from foreign leaders when he was the prime minister).

Bushra Bibi told Zulfi that her husband wanted her to hand those watches to him, so he could sell them.

The former PTI leader blindly accepts it and assures Imran Khan’s wife that the "job will be done".
Below is the transcript of the conversation:
Bushra: Hello
Zulfi: Hello, assalam o alaikum jee, how are you?
Bushra: Jee walaikum assalam, I am good, how are you?
Zulfi: I am good murshid (guide), how are you?
Bushra: Alhamdulillah by the grace of Allah (I am good) . . there are some watches of Imran Khan.. He (Imran) has asked me to send them to you.. you can sell them somewhere because they are not in his use
Zulfi: jee
Bushra: So he (Imran) wanted you to do something about them
Zulfi: Definitely murshid I will do it .. I will do it jee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom