What's new

Zilzaal - Pak Qatar Joint Ex

Apparently i understand that it's CCS aircraft participating in the exercise.

EPyTo85X0AEPaWv

And I was right, however, I also believe that CCS is not there just for regular exercise.

Attachments

• 9BE2C02E-5BEA-4DD5-9C50-B12FB3C401AF.jpeg
    9BE2C02E-5BEA-4DD5-9C50-B12FB3C401AF.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Amiri Air Force carries out Zelzal 1 exercise with Pakistan counterpart
03 Feb 2020 - 8:25

_لقطة الشاشة 2020-02-03 في 08.46.47.png

The Amiri Air Force yesterday conducted the Zelzal 1 exercise with the Pakistan Air Force. The exercise focused on air combat maneuvering, to increase fighting capabilities and exchange expertise between the two sides. Lieutenant Colonel Ali Hussein al-Ahbabi said that the exercise will be the core for future exercises between the two sides, which will enhance bilateral military co-operation. The presentation was attended by HE Commander of the Amiri Air Force Staff Major General (Pilot) Salem Hamad al-Nabit, ambassador of Pakistan Syed Ahsan Raza Shah, Pakistan’s military attache Brigadier General Thaqib Elias and a number of ranking officers at the Amiri Air Force. — QNA

PAF went up against QAF's French IPs as well, during Zalzal-1. And while this was just a feeler for things to come, they are starting well.
Did it only involve Mirage-2000s and Alpha jets.?

no rafales . mirage 2000 and JFTs only. as per a DCS video i dont think JFT has a chance against mirage 2000 in close combat. it seems PAF is there to develop some tactics against the mirage 2000 while flying JFT as they eont be able to employ F-16s everywhere. the falcons other then blk 52 are also getting old so someone must take the charge. thunder doesnt seem to be the likely candidate for this position.

no rafales . mirage 2000 and JFTs only. as per a DCS video i dont think JFT has a chance against mirage 2000 in close combat. it seems PAF is there to develop some tactics against the mirage 2000 while flying JFT as they eont be able to employ F-16s everywhere. the falcons other then blk 52 are also getting old so someone must take the charge. thunder doesnt seem to be the likely candidate for this position.

Why? Due to lack of avionics, speed range etc?
I don’t think DCS would reflect real life scenarios as it’s a game.

It’s possible in this exercise we probably went up against Rafael or this exercise wouldn’t have much benefit then

It’s possible in this exercise we probably went up against Rafael or this exercise wouldn’t have much benefit then
Lack of Rafales does not mean the exercise was not to any benefit. PAF has had exercises with the Rafales numerous times in the past. The Mirage 2000 is a very deadly aircraft and any form of exercise helps. This is not just a pit against Rafales but a deployment to the Gulf and to build more relations with Qatar as allies (hopefully less as the brothers term as no actual country does that, the PAF Group Captain was adding a little too much romance to it).

due to lack of enough power.

Back
Top Bottom