Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Zakir Naik says Modi sought his support on IOK move
By News Desk
Published: January 11, 2020
TWEET EMAIL
2135186-modizakirnaik-1578756800-371-640x480.jpg

File photo of Indian PM Narendra Modi (Left) and Zakir Naik (Right)

Islamic scholar Zakir Naik, who has been living in an exile in Malaysia, has claimed that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has offered him a “safe passage to India” in return for his support to New Delhi’s illegal move of revoking occupied Jammu and Kashmir’s special status.

“The meeting [that] lasted for several hours… he [an Indian official] told me that he wanted me to support the BJP government’s decision of revoking Article 370 of the Constitution,” Naik said in a video statement uploaded on YouTube.
The television preacher left India in 2016 after New Delhi accused him of promoting hate speech and inciting terrorism. He moved to Malaysia, where he has been granted permanent residency.

The religious scholar said he “flatly” refused the offer, adding that “revoking Article 370 is unconstitutional and is taking away the rights of Kashmiris”.

“I cannot support the act of injustice, neither can betray the people of Kashmir,” he said.

Zakir Naik will not be deported: Malaysia PM

The IOK has been under a lockdown with severe restrictions in place since August 5 when New Delhi stripped the occupied valley of its autonomy in a bid to convert the Muslim majority of the region into a minority.

Naik said that the representative of the Indian government, who met him in Putrajaya city, said that he wanted to remove ‘misunderstandings’ between him and the Indian government.

“Three and a half months ago, Indian officials approached me for a private meeting with a representative of the Indian government,” he said, adding that the official said the Indian government wanted him to use his connections and help “in improving its ties with Muslim countries”.

Naik said that when the official realised he was not going to accept any “unjust” offer, he asked him not to criticise the BJP and Modi, directly.

The televangelist said he believed that Indian Muslim leaders who supported the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act must have been “blackmailed or threatened with the dire consequences” in doing so.

“If you fear a backlash and you are afraid, the least you can do is to keep quiet but supporting an unjust act is un-Islamic,” he said.

The newly-enacted bill, which has sparked countrywide protests with over two dozen people having died in demonstrations, allows New Delhi to grant citizenship to millions of illegal immigrants who entered India from three neighbouring countries on or before December 31, 2014 – but not if they are Muslim.

The law discriminates against Muslims and is part of Modi’s Hindu-nationalist agenda.

Read more: Article 370 , india , IOK

so now that the ###### deoband malaun have failed! time to rope in this guy who they chased away!! I don't think people are going to fall for him either lets see how long will that harami owaisi is going to mislead people.

Modi and all andh bhagats be proud.....in the end all Hindus will come where their rightful place is.......in the feet of Muslims......l
ike everything else Modi is correcting this historical mistake as well.......

Yeah totally believable. Did he make a phone call or send a messenger to Medical Doctor Zakir bro?
Modi and all andh bhagats be proud.....in the end all Hindus will come where their rightful place is.......in the feet of Muslims......l
ike everything else Modi is correcting this historical mistake as well.......
lol...

What did Deepika told Zakir to say?

ALHAMDULILLAH my trust in his views still stand. He tries his best to he a good muslim. I admire that about him. He filled my childhood and youth with wisdom. The man is genuine. No one is perfect donrember this before quoting me anything he said or did wrong. No one is perfect.

But we can all try like he does.

Yeah totally believable. Did he make a phone call or send a messenger to Medical Doctor Zakir bro?

lol...
cant say fake news, until Mr. Modi side deny it.

CAA and IoK is very serious issue, if Zakir Naik is lying, Modi Ji should expose his lies.

cant say fake news, until Mr. Modi side deny it.

CAA and IoK is very serious issue, if Zakir Naik is lying, Modi Ji should expose his lies.
haha why do you think Modi will ever address a fugitive from justice, a terror suspect like Zakir?

Modi is in no position of needing a help. Lest from Zakir.

Shows how desperate Modi has become. Negative PR from respected Idlamic scholar Zakir Naik hurt him badly.

Zakir Naik continues opening up their secrets and showing Indian Muslims the proper way to fight and resist the citizenship bill issue.

Modi is such a coward, then again it should be obvious from his RSS background.

Poor guy had to live in a Muslim majority country where he is not allowed to preach Islam. Now he must be missing India.

So, if he compromise on Kashmir policy then he can come back, if he don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. He need to wait few years by the time Modi will be gone, then he can come back start campaign for Kashmir. But, hope its not too late or he may fall victim of Modi cunning move.

Back
Top Bottom