ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
:tup::tup:

134745h22gcputggbvakgk.jpg.thumb.jpg

134748ch3n2jjook3lqh3s.jpg.thumb.jpg

:laughcry::yahoo:

Is it really that hard to carry airplane?

Wheels providing a rough guide to the length dimension of this 10-ton class helicopter:

154839cm3sejynm52oknhy.jpg.thumb.jpg

Why don't the Chinese use their heavy transports like IL-76 for this?

Or maybe rent an An-124 from those charter companies or even sling the shell underneath a Mi-26?

Much better way of transporting a 'secret' project than on the highway on the trailer!!!

Or maybe they really don't want it to be secret.

I do, China liked the S-70's, it was ideal for places like Tibet, a shame the embargo cut them from buying more. Once Z-20 enters service I heard the Mi-17 will be phased out.

I dont think so.. China has the Mi-17 as PLA aviation workhorse and quite a number of them are fairly new. It will take at least 15 years to phase out these Mi-17 helo.

They will stay with PLA aviation for sometime.

They could've used a rigid canopy...............

whatever gets the job done!

I do, China liked the S-70's, it was ideal for places like Tibet, a shame the embargo cut them from buying more. Once Z-20 enters service I heard the Mi-17 will be phased out.

They have to phase out the Mi-17. After the earthquake rescue missions, the people were outraged at foreign helis being the main force and sometimes only force involved.

You know don't fix what's not broken, it's broken now and China will fix it.

They have to phase out the Mi-17. After the earthquake rescue missions, the people were outraged at foreign helis being the main force and sometimes only force involved.

I believe these will first go towards special operation units and rescue.

I dont think so.. China has the Mi-17 as PLA aviation workhorse and quite a number of them are fairly new. It will take at least 15 years to phase out these Mi-17 helo.

They will stay with PLA aviation for sometime.

It would be better if the older Mi-17 and S-70 were replaced with the Z-20, your probably right on the
Mi-17 still in service for some time as China did order several not to far back.

Aviation industry is still maturing give it until 2018.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom