What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have merged threads and renamed the title so every news related to this matter should only be posted in this thread only.

I think first time I agree with the Prime Minister's decision to block YouTube. I also appreciate Supreme Court's orders against blocking the links.

That video is irritating me since last 3-4 days since it is being shown on the home screen of youtube. If it was just a youtube video that was fine, but youtube is deliberately showing on it's home screen so f*** off to YouTube until they take it down.

That video by DarthF3tt, with 6 million views?

Noticed it just now. Really no words to describe it.

And agree with you, that what is the point of destroying property in Pakistan?

Some religious party called the government for a strike on Friday, and what good is that going to do? Business that is shut down in Pakistan will not affect that B****** who made the video, but it is going to affect us and millions of others.

Pylons brought down, police stations destroyed, roads blocked, etc etc, not helping in any way. See post 7 for what I think should be done for a concentrated effort, without violence.

and if we are following islam then we should clearly define that, fashion shows, the material shown on our cable, is clearly against the teachings of islam, so where is the censorship there?? PTA and pakistan government is a mental institution

Oh Damn.

So that means Pakistanis cannot watch Psy - Gangnam Style? :D

But on a serious note, I agree with this decision.

While I am a total advocate for freedom of speech.

I am sure our stupid News Media will start airing clips from this YouTube video and Pakistani Internet users will start passing links to this video.

All of that will stir people up to cause more riots, attacks, protests, and violence against Christians, Non-Muslims, Western Restaurants and Businesses, Westerners and Americans.

And the TTP will join this foray as well, they will conduct their regular terrorist attacks but instead say that the YouTube movie motivated them and many Pakistanis will be dumb enough to believe them.

Last edited by a moderator:
why block all youtube..can't pakistan block the word specific searches like China:undecided:

PM directs IT Ministry to block Youtube

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has directed the IT Ministry to immediately block Youtube.

"Blasphemous content will not be accepted at any cost," Prime Minister Ashraf said.

Prime Minister Ashraf ordered the IT Ministry to block Youtube because video-sharing website failed to remove the anti-Islam film.

Earlier the Supreme Court had ordered the PTA to block links to all blasphemous content including those on Youtube to the anti-Islam film.

In response the PTA said it had directed Internet Service Providers (ISPs) throughout the country to block links of the anti-Islam film.

According to a statement issued by the PTA, 750-800 links of the anti-Islam film had already been blocked after several complaints were received.

PM directs IT Ministry to block Youtube - thenews.com.pk

good step taken by government......

Keep them blocked until they take off the video. if they don't do it for a full year... keep them blocked for the full year...

Simple as that :P

Removing from the home page and pledging not do so again is minimum leniency.

People will switch to Dailymotion and other sites which don't censor as much as Youtube do.

I think all sites like these should be blocked if the reason presented for Youtube is behind this decision are Actual Reasons.

Are torrent sites also blocked in Pakistan ?

Pakistan blocks 700 links to anti-Islam film on YouTube

Islamabad: Pakistan blocked over 700 links to an anti-Islam film on YouTube that has triggered anti-US protests across the Muslim world, including Pakistan, officials said.

The decision was taken after the Supreme Court issued orders to the state-owned Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to block links to the movie, reported Xinhua.

Protests in Pakistan. AFP.
Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry directed the PTA to take down all sacrilegious material that disrespects Islam or Prophet Mohammad in any way. He asked the PTA chief to submit a report about the action he will take following the directives.

The PTA director general told the apex court that almost 100 new clips of the anti-Islam film proliferated on YouTube every day.

He said that the PTA had written a letter to YouTube, requesting the removal of such clips, but the video-sharing website replied that it does not have any such agreement with the government of Pakistan.

Justice Chaudhry directed the Pakistan Electronic Media Regularity Authority to set up “standards of modesty” and submit a reply in this regard within two weeks.

The government earlier had claimed that the PTA and the information technology ministry had blocked 122 anti-Islamic websites over the past few days.

The authorities had also told the public that any blasphemous material that comes to their attention must be reported immediately to the PTA through phone or email.

The government clarified that it was not blocking popular websites YouTube and Facebook, but only anti-Islamic material would be blocked. Officials say that obscene material will be blocked on case-to-case basis.

Links to the anti-Islam movie were blocked amid series of protests across Pakistan over the past few days. One person was killed and dozens were injured in clashes between the police and protestors in Karachi Sunday after the demonstrators pelted stones at the US consulate in the city.

Pakistan blocks 700 links to anti-Islam film on YouTube | Firstpost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom