What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilal587

Reaction score
Does youtube blocked in Pakistan as im unable to connect to youtube but i can browse all sites normally.

Does anyone facing same problem like me

its been blocked ..

when ? recently 5 minutes ago i have watched a video but now its nt opening

PM Ashraf orders blocking of Youtube

9-17-2012_68079_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has directed the IT Ministry to immediately block Youtube.

"Blasphemous content will not be accepted at any cost," Prime Minister Ashraf said.

Prime Minister Ashraf ordered the IT Ministry to block Youtube because video-sharing website failed to remove the anti-Islam film.

Earlier the Supreme Court had ordered the PTA to block links to all blasphemous content including those on Youtube to the anti-Islam film.

In response the PTA said it had directed Internet Service Providers (ISPs) throughout the country to block links of the anti-Islam film.

According to a statement issued by the PTA, 750-800 links of the anti-Islam film had already been blocked after several complaints were received.

PM Ashraf orders blocking of Youtube - geo.tv

Supreme Court has ordered Complete Blockage of Blasphemy material on youtube which is now being presented on first page of pretty much every youtube search..
May be PTA is playing safe and while they are blocking the material,they have blocked the site to avoid disrespecting Supreme court's orders..

Yup, just saw on the 9 o clock news bulletin that Youtube has been blocked in Pakistan by the authorities.

Good step if you ask me. Serves as a registry of protest to Youtube management.

When a Lil Wayne and Kanye West video can be deleted on copyright claims, why not a video like this?

Good step by the government.

What more should be done is that a OIC meeting be called, and a unified stance be taken by all the Muslim countries, and present one face in the UN, that truly gives out unified stance of the Muslim world. If nothing else happens, at least it is a registry of protest.

Does already thread going on on this topic on pdf ?

The government has also blocked around 1000 blasphemous sites.

I think first time I agree with the Prime Minister's decision to block YouTube. I also appreciate Supreme Court's orders against blocking the links.

That video is irritating me since last 3-4 days since it is being shown on the home screen of youtube. If it was just a youtube video that was fine, but youtube is deliberately showing on it's home screen so f*** off to YouTube until they take it down.

Good move in benefit of Pakistan....
Already Karachi is up in smokes as a JI protest turned violent this morning with many Police men injured and one Protestor killed..
Blockage of Youtube will calm down the people.

Dear Pakistani Members
Youtube has been banned/shutdown in Pakistan by the direction of Supreme Court/PM Order;

Good move in benefit of Pakistan....
Already Karachi is up in smokes as a JI protest turned violent this morning with many Police men injured and one Protestor killed..
Blockage of Youtube will calm down the people.

They are idiots, the video is made in USA and the protesters would be busy burning tyres and buildings in Pakistan.

PM directs IT Ministry to block Youtube

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has directed the IT Ministry to immediately block Youtube.

"Blasphemous content will not be accepted at any cost," Prime Minister Ashraf said.

Prime Minister Ashraf ordered the IT Ministry to block Youtube because video-sharing website failed to remove the anti-Islam film.

Earlier the Supreme Court had ordered the PTA to block links to all blasphemous content including those on Youtube to the anti-Islam film.

In response the PTA said it had directed Internet Service Providers (ISPs) throughout the country to block links of the anti-Islam film.

According to a statement issued by the PTA, 750-800 links of the anti-Islam film had already been blocked after several complaints were received.

PM directs IT Ministry to block Youtube - thenews.com.pk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom