What's new

Y-20 taxi and first flight

17346055842450254138.jpg

y20 a chrismas gift
Y20

I don't think it is a good idea to export any of our top rank weapon to any country - inlcuding pakistan.

giving a few Y-8 to pakistan for free? sure, sounds like a good idea.
giving Y-20 to Pakistan? no.

I don't think it is a good idea to export any of our top rank weapon to any country - inlcuding pakistan.

Y-20 is just an heavy lifter.there is nothing special about it, if Pakistan need it, we will offer it. American is willing to sale C-17 to India and much more advance than our Y-20 why we're afraid off, our problem is not export but to have our own reliable engines.
I believe that once we go mature enignes, for Y-20, J-31, Wz-10, China will offert them as export.

Of course, China can offer Y-20 to any foreign country as long as in China's interests. But before it, Y-20 should use domestic 4x jet engines instead of Russia D30 engines on this prototype. If Russian still do not allow to export Russia jet engines to some 3rd foreign country, Y-20 only stay in China.

The question always is when Y-20 could fly by using some domestic jet engine?

J-20/Y-20/Type-99 should not be exported because there are gaps between these weapons and American's. You don't want Y-20/J-20/Type-99 to end up sitting in front some Americans/Russians for some details analysis.

Period.

J-20/Y-20/Type-99 should not be exported because there are gaps between these weapons and American's. You don't want Y-20/J-20/Type-99 to end up sitting in front some Americans/Russians for some details analysis.

Period.
LOL, u forget China is one of TOP5 weapons export countries.
" gaps between these weapons and American's." So easy, low price can fix the gap :rofl:

159_228338_bcee3be066409a2.jpg

A very beautiful bird indeed :) (even from poor quality images :lol:)

Looks slightly larger than the C-17.

Period.

If I am not mistaken, the J-20 and the Type-99 are not for export. The J-21 and MBT-2000/3000 should fill that. It's just like America doesn't export the F-22 and M1 Abrams exports are always downgraded variants (example: no DU armor).

I think it is safe to export the Y-20 when the time is right. America already exports the C-17. Though, relatively few have the requirement of strategic air-lifters.

Period.

If Russian thought like you, we wouldn't got Su-27s: technology will be outdate with time, we shouldn't inherited western paranoid syndrom of keeping technology in the closet, the more we share with others, the more will encourage us to develop more advenced technology or new versions of j-20/Y-20...

Y-20 is just an heavy lifter.there is nothing special about it, if Pakistan need it, we will offer it. American is willing to sale C-17 to India and much more advance than our Y-20 why we're afraid off, our problem is not export but to have our own reliable engines.
I believe that once we go mature enignes, for Y-20, J-31, Wz-10, China will offert them as export.

There rumor suggests that the maiden flight of Y-20 will not use the D-30 engines, but the WS-18 or WS-20 engines.

It takes about 4 years from first flight to service entrance for large transport planes (C-17, A-400M and others refers). We shall see Y-20 entering PLAAF service from 2017 onwards, in incrementary numbers over the years.

Meanwhile for stop gap, more IL-76 are required to fulfill needs of PLAAF for the next decade. China is buying new and second hand IL-76 now and these should be phased out when Y-20 is in full production.

Bill Sweetman spotted it too.

It was hardly on the level of the J-20's appearance two years ago, but the advent of the Xian J-20 transport over the Christmas holidays was nonetheless important. If nothing else, it's the third all-new Chinese military aircraft to emerge in two years, a pace of innovation unknown since the Cold War. It is also by far the largest indigenously developed Chinese aircraft.

More here.
Y-20 Transport Emerges

Back
Top Bottom