What's new

WS-10A has finished the testing on J-10B

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
The prototype No.1035 has started its engine test since July 2011, now in almost 4 years it has passed all its safety tests and reached more than thousand of cumulative hours.

So this means the WS-10A is now fully ready for the J-10 family.

J 10B   1035.jpg

中国新型航空发动机完成试飞 配装单发飞机-中新网

Once J-10 is equipped with domestic engines, that will mean that all 4th and 4.5+ generation fighters such as J-10B/C, J-11B/D, J-15, J-16 and JH-7A/B can all be equipped with domestic engines.

Next will be to work on the WS-15 engine for the J-20 and WS-13 engine for the J-31.

Then we have to wait for the WS-20 engine for the Y-20 strategic transport and WZ-16 turboshaft for the Z-10 attack helicopter.

Exciting times :china:

I think there is no model of the J-10BS dual seat? Also, we are hearing that J-10C will be a semi stealth plane.

we still have hundreds of al-31 in stock, dont think J-10C will be equipped with WS-10G

as far as I know there are dozens of J-11D, J-16 and improved J-15 in line demanding for WS-10G

China is nowhere close to quantum supercomputer. What China is at the fore front is, it is called quantum entanglement and data transfer.

China has not built a reliable popular CPU.

Also, in almost all fields China came quite late, and still plays second fiddle.

China's sub is no where close to western standards. It is also nowhere near building jet engines.

I like accuracy.

And don't retaliate by saying India doesn't have these. I never claimed India is above China. India is indeed far behind.
Busard what he meant was all those tech are now made in china fully so china now has a complete chain and will not buy again, not that china is now leading technologically.

@Hu Songshan Are such expletives allowed in the forum?

I have replied to this specific comment, "China is quite close to succeed of taking all the diamonds on the crown of the industry."

Doesn't seem like someone who is expounding on progress. Rather, it appears much more than that.

I am actually a very pro-China guy. If there was just mention of how China is progressing, that statement would have been accurate. But saying China is somehow taking all the diamonds on the crown, is way overblown.
Exaggeration is a vice that to some extent every country indulges in when expounding on developments. The post and thread is very J10b and WS10 related.Bringing other things into it will only incite an aggressive response from someone and the thread then gets totally derailed. I am sorry to say that barring a few members who hail from our neighborhood, most members indulge in flame baiting to derail threads. This is not A GOOD THING AND SOMETIMES EVEN CALM MEMBERS LIKE ME LOSE IT. So please remain careful of what you write and we should be fine.Even if you object to something, be specific so that it can be answered.
As to WS10 I too remain sceptical in line with recent reports from PAF about flame outs on J10s(although most related to AL31FN and some adverse reports regarding the WS10as well), however it is inevitable that China will cross the hurdle and develop the engine further. The other aspect is it maybe fine for a test engine to perform to standard, but will the Chinese be able to transfer this into the same longevity when they mass produce them remains to be seen.

GTFO, you still live in mediocre.
My friend.
It was really not necessary for you , a senior and respected poster, to use uncivil language. Please modify your post
Regards
Araz

@Hu Songshan Are such expletives allowed in the forum?

I have replied to this specific comment, "China is quite close to succeed of taking all the diamonds on the crown of the industry."

Doesn't seem like someone who is expounding on progress. Rather, it appears much more than that.

I am actually a very pro-China guy. If there was just mention of how China is progressing, that statement would have been accurate. But saying China is somehow taking all the diamonds on the crown, is way overblown.
it doesnt matter if some one is pro-china or not...we all want facts..
personally i think china is close to building a workable high thrust jet engine which is evident from the j-11bs. i think over 300 units of that engine model...

it doesnt matter if some one is pro-china or not...we all want facts..
personally i think china is close to building a workable high thrust jet engine which is evident from the j-11bs. i think over 300 units of that engine model...

We have finally crossed the barrier that only few countries have done that before.

This barrier isn't easy to cross at all, since most countries would give up by this huge amount of impossible work.

Back
Top Bottom